1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A little over 2 months without PMO

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by dawn light, Dec 4, 2017.

1. dawn light

dawn light Fapstronaut

Hey all.
    My AP challenged me to post a success story now that I have reached 60 days.
    Like everyone here, I shutter to think about the extent that PMO has destroyed my confidence, energy level, and self esteem. I cringe to think about the irreparable damage that I have done over a 20 year period. I knew that I needed to resist it. I would go one week and then reset. The day after a relapse is the worst depression imaginable: I do my best to keep my mouth shut at work and in life, or risk exposing my fragile state. A couple days go by, and then I start to feel better, more energized. But, I would bring myself back into the abyss within one week. Now, thanks to NoFap, it has been nine weeks! When I first came to NoFap earlier this year, I was ready. I was interested in the articles and forum conversations. It was good to relate to others and even talk about it myself. It's not like I could do that in my real life. I was able to go five months without PMO. But, I reset after drifting away from these forums. At that point, I was really scared because I didn't have the same resolve and humility as before, so I wouldn't be able to do it again. I decided to get an AP because I didn't have the strength to do it on my own. And, it has been working! I have gone two and a half months without PMO. My strength to resist temptations ebbs and flows. These temptations include sexy pics/movies, and also over-fantasizing in my own head. With my APs, we scheduled our check-in days. Knowing that I had to report to someone on a certain day helped me pull out of a dive more than once, when I was starting to over-indulge in those temptations. Although my personal life has problems (e.g. sexual identity questions, obsessed with what "might have been" if I didn't become a stoner in high school, etc), I don't need to tell any of you how much happier I am being PMO-free. I would be glad to chat with anyone, so send me a message. Good luck to everyone.

2. Great streak buddy. Now head to full reboot - 90 days !

3. DM79

DM79 Fapstronaut

Well done. I think you and I are in about the same place.

It' scary to think that I could go back to what I was if i don't stay vigilant.

Stay strong. You are an inspiration.

Buffalo Will and Deleted Account like this.
  4. congrats on your streak....well said...keep the good work

THJohnFTH likes this.
  5. Good one buddy. But where did you find an AP?

6. SkyFallBack

SkyFallBack Fapstronaut

Keep it slow and keep it on check. Accept yourself and live in the present.

7. Dragonnlife

Dragonnlife Fapstronaut

SO happy for you! This reboot is so life changing!

8. Menta_Na

Menta_Na Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your success. Keeping me motivated.

9. First of all congrats to you @dawn light on your streak !! Thanks for sharing & reaching out !! Keep inspiring & keep going !! Your story will definitely inspire many of us & will help in going on with this nofap journey !! Thanks again!!

Menta_Na likes this.
  10. becoming goodboy

becoming goodboy Fapstronaut

11. Baldguy likes this.
  12. Rafaldini

Rafaldini Fapstronaut

First of all congrats.
    Thats so cool for you. :)
    But I also wonder where you got an AP. Apparently it works out great for you. Also how does it work, do you guys have some routine of telling each other how your days where?
    Cheers

13. dawn light

dawn light Fapstronaut

@InvincibleRockForLifetime and @Rafaldini ,

There is a section in the forums dedicated to finding accountability partners:

I didn't really know how to properly use an AP. So, we just established two days during the week when we would message each other. I looked forward to meeting that challenge (resisting PMO, in my case). After about a month or two, we scaled back to once a week on Mondays. For me, I always seem to reset on Sunday nights. Now, on Sundays, I know I have to check-in the next day, so it helps me resist those urges.

I messaged about 4 people, and 2 ended up sticking. We have been chatting for 2 months. One of them has reset once or twice, but he is still in the fight, so we continue to help each other.

Having an AP is like having a study partner. You dread the cram session that you have to do. But, when there is a classmate next to you in the same pain, it makes it manageable.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Deleted Account and Dragonnlife like this.
  14. Khaleel3950

Khaleel3950 Fapstronaut

So after quitting it do you get nightfall. If yes what is the frequency. I do get it.

15. Jojo man

Jojo man Fapstronaut

I wish I make it this far to 90 days, tomorrow I’ll reach my 7days mark

16. Rocky11234

Rocky11234 Fapstronaut

Awesome dude :) Wanna talk to you. Are you happy now?

17. dawn light

dawn light Fapstronaut

Hey @Rocky11234 . Unfortunately, I have some personal issues in my life, so I can't say that I am happy. However, eliminating PMO has put me light years ahead. I have a strength and energy now.

Rocky11234 likes this.
  18. dawn light

dawn light Fapstronaut

Hi @Khaleel3950. What is nightfall? Is that a wet dream (nocturnal emission)?

19. dawn light

dawn light Fapstronaut

@Khaleel3950, regarding wet dreams...
    I rarely get them. However, according to https://www.nofap.com/rebooting/, they are "completely natural" and "are NOT grounds for a reset, nor can they ever be considered a kind of relapse!" It also says that they "should reduce in frequency and in many cases go away completely."