1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Glad to find I'm not alone.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Worm, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Worm

Worm Fapstronaut

I've for some time that my relationship to P and M has been disruptive to my life. What I didn't know, however, was that they are many like me with the same sets of problems and consequences. I joined the site a week or so ago and have been reading a lot of encouraging posts. So, I thought it was time to hop on the bandwagon and introduce myself.
    As of today I'm setting a goal for a week with no P and M. That would be a minor miracle. When I make it to one week, who knows maybe two, then three, and so on.
    The ultimate goal for me is not necessarily to never M again, but instead to be a better person to myself, and girlfriend, and other women I encounter. I need to heal in many if not all aspects of my life. I believe, for me, that starts with getting grounded in the real world and put the breaks on over self-indulgence. I know it will be hard at first, I'm 36 and this is a 23 year old problem, but with a group of fellow travelers to be accountable to I feel it's an attainable goal.
    I'll be sure to update with my progress.
    Thanks everyone for being here,
    Worm

2. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Hey worm Lets fight this Daemon! Godspeed for all of us!

3. Worm

Worm Fapstronaut

Let's fight a good fight, indeed. Let's get our lives back!

4. Worm

Worm Fapstronaut

Very uncomfortable feelings. Distracting thoughts, inability to focus. I want, not so much to fap, but to find some peace. Anger, it seems, is common. And in me now, it is very real. Like waking from a dream - I realize that nothing I've felt before is real. I'm distracted by that fact I'm not able to get back what time I've lost. Ultimately, I am sad. 29 hours and going...

5. Worm

Worm Fapstronaut

I must say, this is a strange quest. I'm never one for Facebook or the like, but for me this is social media. I'd like to thank getbacker23 for at least responding to my beacon. But, I guess, ultimately, we're in it for our solves. no problem with that.
    Let me start over in saying that, first of all, I'm not a native english speaker, or czech, or russian, or any other language. I've been raised in parts of the irish western cost, eastern usa, western russia, central czech rep, bermuda, and paris. My language is english on this forum, and its the best I can do. If it's any conciliation, Joyce is my hero.
    I joined this site because I'm in need of help. Your stories, successes and failures, have severed as good road markers for me. I hope to add to the contribution.
    I'm new at this, not just NoFap, but also communicate like this. On a forum. I wish you all luck.

6. Jofy

Jofy Fapstronaut

Hey Worm, just wanted to wish you all the best as you start out. Starting out for a week is a great idea cos then you can push it out from there. I know its frustrating to think of all the time we've lost but but may I encourage you to look ahead continue the journey. I can empathize with you saying your your feeling angry and unfocused, if its an encouragement I've been there in the last week or so it normal so dont feel bad but have to watch yourself around the people you love mean try not to take it out on them. anyway I'm no expert just a fellow traveler. just wanted to encourage you.

joe

7. Worm

Worm Fapstronaut

Thanks Joe,
    Your encouragement means a great deal to me. I feel pretty good about where I'm at. As sad as I asm, it Seems "par for the course". I'm angry, yeah, I'm having a hard time focusing on that I would like to focus on, yeah, i'm thinking about all the girls and all the situations I used to find myself in, yeah. But then I think about what might be if I quit this terribleness. and I'm refreshed with vigor.
    Thanks for your comments brother! Keeps me going! 32hours and going