1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I picture yall a certain way

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Post your picture. Make Triggers Great Again.

Gotham Outlaw and ReverseZoom like this.
  2. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

I usually assign people from my real life to play the people from NoFap. @Applehead is played by the Marketing Director from where I work, @Sam_ba is played by a guy I met only once in a business meeting but had many phone conference calls with, @Walnut is played by a coworker named Kevin I had a long time ago, etc, etc, etc.... There are some fapstronauts that I "created" in my head based on what they write, and their avatar probably plays into that somehow. I wish I had photos of how I picture each NoFap user. It would be funny to post them.

Great thread!

3. I have also often thought about this. In particular I am quite curious about which race or ethnic background certain people have. There is enough hate in the world that it is nice to come here and have these things not be issues.

Regardless I also have pictures in my head of how various people look. I find it hilarious that I am played by the marketing director, @Strength And Light ! I may have mentioned this before, but I am a professor in a field which is miles away from marketing. I have another professor friend from the middle of the country who I always associate with you. He is very active, always thinking, positive, and has tons of energy.

For me, @Sam_ba is a man who lives in a tent on a remote mountain, for some reason I picture @FreeFromPain as medium height, muscular, and with red hair. @Stopitjack is in my mind tall, athletic (obviously) and white with half grey hair. @cpf is the CEO of some company, maybe pharmaceuticals. @regrowth has long hair and is of medium height and is hiking all the time. @MyNameIsX is also of medium height with short dark hair and extremely skinny.

vxlccm likes this.
  4. Strength And Light

It's not actually about the job. He's originally from Croatia and because of this, he often omits unnecessary words and speaks very precisely to the point, which is how I often read your journal "voice". He's very intelligent and even keeled. As far as looks, he's tall and clean cut with a classically handsome poker face. A little older, more balding and grey version of this. But again, it's not so much about the looks as it is the choice of wording when speaking.

Applehead likes this.
  5. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

We should make a thread just for this! :p

Strength And Light likes this.
  6. Yeah with your dog lol how are things btw? Long time no talk, I remember you were stressing with the pizza delivery hustle. You good??

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I remember when Alexander made the AFK picture thread a while back.. everyone was sooo surprised by the pictures :D

Deleted Account, Quiver and vibemaker like this.
  8. Oh yeah lol so you're the only person on here that knows what I look like lol But yeah it's going good, on that school hustle now. You good bro?

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  9. Hahah yeah, I have deep love for basketball & hip-hop for some reason. I now realize that all my profile pics are either rappers or NBA players lol

10. I always thought he was black, too. And I didn't know you were black at all until you mentioned it.

I've had people tell me they thought I was British, which is probably the greatest compliment ever. Lol and I've also had people assume that I'm southern.

I think the biggest subconscious assumption I tend to make is that everyone is close to my age, if I haven't seen their age on their profile or unless they're talking in a way that makes it obvious that they're very young or old. I always just picture people sort of my age.

Except @weddingnails. I just picture him as Boromir.

11. I am fine with that @CassTeaElle . The mighty Boromir is satsfied with that haha. I have been toying with the idea of changing avatar, but I've become attached to mine. And I didn't know there was a thread with peoples real pictures.

12. Haha, no you're not! :p

13. Menta_Na

Menta_Na Fapstronaut

14. Sam_ba

Sam_ba Fapstronaut

That made me laugh. Please tell me more
    I hope I'm not a killjoy but it's true that your quote at the same time was light and very deep
    So because we are so intimate, I want to thank you by sharing a photo of me here.

This is my first layer and here is the story taht goes with it
    There once was a princess that lived in a peaceful kingdom.
    After a time came a horrible snake that freaked out the people and destroyed the crops.
    The snake said that the only way we could calm him was if he could marry the princess.
    Everyone was horrified so was the princess , therefore she went to see the "mujer sabia" the old one that knew the misteries of the world.
    The wise one asked her: Are you ready to sacrifice your comfort for something bigger. The princess said yes. Than you are going to marry him and for the wedding night you will put at least ten layers of clothes. Then for each layer you take off, you will ask him to do the same.

The day came and the wedding happened and many women dismayed at the sight of the snake and even more when he hugged the princess
    When the night arrived and everybody was desperate for the princess, the latter got prepared and put on her 10 layers of clothes. She said to the snake "Dear lord, I am your wife, I will give myself to you but the only thing I ask is for each clothes I take off, you should take off a layer too" Very excited the snake accepted.
    When she took off the first cloth, the snake smiled
    At the third one, things got touchy
    At the seventh one even if he could now see more skin of the princess he was now showing his guts.
    When the princess took of the last layer of cloth, and the snake got ready to do the same they both finally understood the wisdom of the old woman. And when he too took his skin off guess what the princess saw:... a beautiful prince.

I guess it is the same with us.

At first I projected a lot on you but as time passes by, I take off the layers and I discover the human beings behind the words and they show me unknown territories that I read everyday with awe.
    For me it is still very difficult to incorporate the different worlds of people I meet here without judgments or conditionning. But I sense that this my own blurred vision. When I stop putting you in boxes, I can really learn from you, If not I am always aggreeing or disagreeing which is useless.

I am grateful to be part of this community.
    I am grateful to @Alexander and to all the techs and mods for the opportunity they have offered by creating this site to know such wonderful and courageous beings such as @Applehead @vxlccm @cpf @Hazel Simone or @Strength And Light ...list goes on and on and on.

Neither the same, nor different, we stay together

Stay strong we do this togther

Quiver likes this.
  15. Sam_ba

Sam_ba Fapstronaut

That's nice.
    This is probably the image I want to give (second layer?). it's my comfort zone. I struggle with true intimacy/sincerity . I struggle with people, being in groups, hanging together and bonding, so the tent is tempting but that's a mirage I give.
    Mrs Sam and kids and the challenges I overcame trying to live with them and with myself are responsible for carving me but I'm another normal french middle class family guy with kids, house garage job... and addiction to PMO.

Reciprocally I am really puzzled: I know you train often. I know you travel. I know you teach and that you are american. I ve read you alot so I know how intelligent you are. And then I have all my preconceits that come along about those. So to exclude them and to be rational I'll trust an algorythm better and if google is right, than you should look like this (university american travel man workout intelligent)

Not sure... so guess we are all much different than what people think we are ( We are never as good as people think we are, but we are never as bad as how we think we are)
    Therefore I think i'll just stick with the feeling of true brotherhood and enormous feeling of respect I have towards your path and your sharings that enligten Nofap planet nearly everyday.

Happy to stay strong together

vxlccm likes this.
  16. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Even though I know that's boromir I view any picture of Sean bean as Ned Stark. Must be a weird side effect of watching GoT.
    This makes me wonder where your from. I assumed you were from the Midwest.

17. Strength And Light

Haha! Between Sam and I, we have @Applehead pegged as either classic Marlon Brando or The Rock. Apple you might want to try a career switch as it seems Hollywood is your calling.

Sam.....French???? You just broke my brain with this revelation. I pictured you as something more like this. Seems my image of you is based on your incredible mindfulness (I picture this as an Indian guru type) and your sloppy spelling/grammar (I picture the guru as unkempt). But with your French revelation, I will now update my image of you to the only French Buddhist guy that I can think of: this guy.

18. Lol huh, that's funny. I'm from Cali :) way up north though, not the typical LA/beach scene most people picture as California.

19. I also believed that @Sam_ba was Indian! I have no idea why. As for me, I am an average-height white guy with brown hair. It would be better to look like either of those pictures!

20. Yeah probably. I see him as Ned Stark to, but not as powerful as he was Boromir. And maybe because I have seen Lord of the Rings many times. Can't wait to see his handsome self again in Chrismas. Gonna watch the whole trilogy again :D