1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Inspirational thought for the day

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Tombuktu, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Adjoint

Adjoint Fapstronaut

People everywhere are clamoring for the formula, the secret, the path to improve their lives. Tell me how you did this, so I can do it, too. Give me the definitive plan. Tell me how to be healthy. Tell me how to be rich. Tell me how to be happy. Tell me, tell me, tell me ... and there’s more good, solid how-to information available today about all those things than there’s ever been in history. But that’s not how it works. If you’re one of the millions looking for cookie-cutter answers to the great questions in life, you can call off the search right now! How to do it is not the issue.
    If “how to do it” were the answer, it’d be done. It’s how you do the “hows” that’s most important. If access to the right information were the answer, we’d all be rich, healthy, happy and fulfilled. And most of us are none of those things.

Jeff Olson

2. monvoyage

monvoyage Fapstronaut

everybody should read his book. life changing!

3. Anything worth having doesn't come easy...

4. Hiroki

Hiroki Fapstronaut

Just watched this on youtube, I usually only use youtube for special interests and rarely click on random videos on the homepage, but I'm glad I chose to watch this. This kid has such amazing energy, such a great attitude and spirit, it really inspired me. I really want to reach a level of energy like he has, in fact this is one of the most motivating things I've seen recently to get me back on a streak. In all honesty I was about to relapse, going to edge to softcore for a while. Watching this really stoked a fire deep inside me, I know have a bigger potential inside me that is waiting for me to fulfill.

TRIGGER WARNING, the reporter is beautiful, but the shot maintains her dignity, don't watch if you can't even look at beautiful women b/c you are triggered that easy:

[video=youtube;X7ymriMhoj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ymriMhoj0[/video]

5. Adjoint

Adjoint Fapstronaut

Responsibility is declaring oneself as cause in the matter. It is a context from which to live one’s life.
    Responsibility is not a burden, fault, praise, blame, credit, shame or guilt. All these include judgments and evaluations of good and bad, right and wrong, or better and worse. They are not responsibility.
    Responsibility starts with the willingness to deal with a situation from and with the point of view, whether at the moment realized or not, that you are the source of what you are, what you do and what you have.
    It is not “right,” or even “true,” to declare oneself as “cause” in the matter. It’s just empowering. By standing for yourself as cause, “what happens” shifts from “happening to you” to “just happening” and, ultimately, to “happening as a result of your being cause in the matter."
    — Werner Erhard

6. Dad

Dad Fapstronaut

Hey adjoins
    I'm really impressed by how well read you are. I've never considered myself a very good reader, but being off of the fap has given me more time and I plan to use that to read a lot more.

7. Adjoint

Adjoint Fapstronaut

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
    - Henry Charles Bukowski

8. Just heard in a running motivation video - found it relevant to NoFap

It's not about finding out who you are. It's about creating who you are.

9. That moved me to tears, thank you.

10. Adjoint

Adjoint Fapstronaut

A thought we all should have in mind.

Trying to get rid of an unwanted habit is a bit like trying not to think about an elephant (the more you try not to think about it, the more you think about it). That’s because what you focus on, grows. Which is why people who put a lot of energy into focusing on what they don’t want, by talking about it, thinking about it, complaining about it or fretting about it, usually get precisely that unwanted thing.
    It’s tough to get rid of the habit you don’t want by facing it head on. The way to accomplish it is to replace the unwanted habit with another habit that you do want. And creating new and better habits, ones that empower and serve you, is something you know how to do. You do it the same way you built any habit you have: one step at a time. Baby steps.