1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Diet and Fasting Experiences

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by EyesToSeeEarsToHear, Dec 19, 2017.

1. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

A thread for me (and others) to share experiences with diets and fasting.

I have decided to commit to drinking only water for 7 days. I will still be eating regularly but the only fluid I'll be drinking is water.

The guys at work are gonna give me **** for it but I'll deal with their irrelevant jeers :).

I honestly have good feelings about this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. nalimsky

nalimsky Fapstronaut

3. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

I want to see how it will affect my mood throughout each day to limit drinking caffeine, artificial sugars, and various man-made substances as far as possible.

I think 7 days is a sufficient amount of time to start noticing changes and decide whether they seem helpful or not.

4. Technotech012

Technotech012 Fapstronaut

Dude,

It would be an inspiration if you would update this thread on a daily basis for 7 days. :)

5. Tovarasu

Tovarasu Fapstronaut

Well the first 2 days are bearable, but after 3 days you will only think about food. Good lucl tho ! Fasting 1 day a week is also beneficial, there are more methods of fasting, i used 8-16, eat in 8 hrs and starve for 16.

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  6. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Lol. Sorry I wasn't clear enough with my words. I'm still going to be eating food the only difference will be that I'll only be drinking water. So just no liquids except water but still definitely solid food.

I recognize the way I typed it at first has obviously mislead intelligent, well intentioned people even though I never said I was going to stop eating lol.

7. Jennifer Osorio

Jennifer Osorio Fapstronaut

Hi, following a proper diet is really useful.

8. nalimsky

nalimsky Fapstronaut

oh, this is ok then

i am on healthy diet since november 8th, i lost 9 kg and i feel really good now, i am not hungry and i have a lot of energy, i am walking every day min 15000-20000 steps and i train 3x weekly in gym

EyesToSeeEarsToHear and TreeGuy like this.
  9. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Its not medically adviced to do this, I get other diets, like intermittent fasting and so on, but drinking water for 7 days is overkilling it

10. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

This is big BS. It is true that so far, the most effective ways to stop PMO urges are cold showers and fasting - but you are doing it wrong.

Commit to only eating 2 meals a day for 7 days. Complete fasting is almost impossible, and even if you had the will for it, it would be simply too dangerous.

11. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Lol. It seems my bad wording has also confused you two as well.

I will be eating as much as I want when I want it's just that I will only be drinking water.

I will retype that first post here during lunch break or something.

12. Supermarron

Supermarron Fapstronaut

Do not undereat do not over eat. Walk as much as you can everyday.

13. TreeGuy

TreeGuy Fapstronaut

I think the title is making it seem like youre only consuming water and not eating...
    I think its a great step in cutting out crap in a crap diet, just maybe dont go straight back to usual drinkning habits after 7 days, and look at healthier alternatives in stead (you can drink things that are not water and are healthy)

14. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

I fixed my first post here. I know I confused readers.

I was slightly tempted during lunch. A lot of red bulls available for free. I love red bulls. Didn't indulge.

I feel very set in a commitment. It helps to frame the day. Feels nice. Really feels reassuring.

Back to work.

15. That’s not fasting. What your doing is...drinking water. I mean props b/c it is extremely beneficial. It’s just not fasting.

16. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Lol. Well first off I appreciate the "props".

I apparently suck bad at communication via keyboards. This is simply a thread for people to share diet and fasting experiences. This is not a thread solely about my current 7 day water diet :).

It's true man I'm not dry fasting and I don't intend to for these 7 days but the window is open here for others to share diet and fasting experiences. I also intend to engage in short intermittent and water fasts later.

Anyway my point is I really didn't intend for this thread to be just about me and things I'm trying diet or fasting wise now and will try later i hoped more and less experienced people would freely share their experiences here best wishes.

17. Fasting is something I’ve done for about a year. Imma hit off the wagon right now b/c of holidays, recent work trips and other factors. I’m still managing a once or twice a week intermittent fast (16/8) as opposed to my previous daily. Definitely put on a few lbs. and eating too much crap food. Funny how the two go hand in hand.

18. Let me know how the results work out

19. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

I just read this. Awesome man thank you for sharing your great progress keep it up!

nalimsky and Deleted Account like this.
  20. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Thank you so much for your encouragement man.

Deleted Account likes this.