1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feel totally destroyed - need encouragement and advice

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Phillips, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Phillips

Phillips Fapstronaut

Hello NoFappers,

I started NoFap about year ago. Made whole 90 days and decide to keep it to 180. It didn't happen as you can read beneath. However I learn so much about life, myself, gained confidence and some experience with girls. But lets talk about important stuff.

So here is my case. I will try to keep only important information in this post, however its not easy in my current state.

History:
    I was on NoFap for about 100 days and met a girl. After second date we went to my place. We've been dating/meeting for about a month as FWB. It sound like a good idea as we are both young and want to experience what is out there. Our relation was mainly based on sex. After some time I started to develop feelings for her. The problem was that we didn't set strict rules at the beginning and above it I thought that she is also developing feelings for me and there was many sings that she want to have someting more with me. Everything were going great until...

A week ago I was ill and couldn't met with her. I knew she was going to the party at friday and that there will be some men, but thought "if she want to betray me she will find 100 ways to do it". On Sunday I had bad feeling and btw. broke my 145 day streak of nofap (still I didn't know what has happened). I wrote to her and she wrote me back, while she was still drunk trying to explain herself, but she didn't tell me what for. We met this evening and she told me that she was partying for two days and gave blowjobs to 2 different men (!) and treated our relation as FWB. I was shocked and devastated. I told her that we need to separate for some time, cause I need time to rethink some issues and I was just angry for her. She wrote me after 2 days that we have to talk. I wasn't so angry as at the beginning and decided to continue this relation as pure FWB. We had previously planed event, so decided to meet then. It was mistake...

We behave as friends and I was ready to go for that deal that we will continue our FWB relation and be free to meet other people. We talked before the event that we are good and she return me some of my stuff I left at her place. After the event we drink a bit and go to my place, but when we get there she didn't want to sleep with me. And I don't mean sex. She didn't want to sleep in one bad. She told me that she wanted to be friends. I answered to her that relation with her without sex is not satisfying for me. She also told me that she has some depression issues and talked with psychologist, but it didn't help and its to soon to go to the psychiatrist. She keep repeating that she don't know what thoughts she will be having, so I think this is why she wants to keep my on distance. She also told me that is ok for her if I flirt with other girls. I told her that she need to keep her shit together and let me only when she done it. She answered that she don't know if she will be able to keep it together ever. She started to cry and took taxi and return to her place.

What should I do? Should try to help her with her issues or leave her alone with this? She want to take some antidepressants, but don't want to psychiatrist. Should I completely forget about her and concentrate on other girls or maybe just stop meeting girls and concentrate on something else?

Even writing this help me, because I can sum all this shit up. As in the topic advice and word of encouragement will be appreciated.

2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

As you can see, you couldn't stay just FWB. You wanted more. She didn't (basing this on the party incident). My advice is focus on other girls, that you can have a relationship with. Keeping contact with this girl will end up hurting you more.

3. The Dustbin

The Dustbin Fapstronaut

FWB is a hard line to walk. I grow too attached to every one and i cannot handle that tupe of relationship. I am really aorry about that man, it mist hurt.

I would say def take some time to yourself to just think about things and proesses it. Learn from what happened and try to see it clearly.

But after that...

I have no idea.

4. Phillips

Phillips Fapstronaut

Thanks for responses. I think you both are right. I need to let go and start dating other girls, what I actually just started. I know I need to free my self from resentment as sometime I remind her and feel sad and bitter. I have to forgive her and to forgive myself for my mistakes. I know the process of getting over her takes time, but if you know some way to accelerate this process let me know :)

Thanks for help Brothers

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  5. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Hi I am female and I am sorry you had this experience. I too have had very similar experiences with men. On my end if the person acted like they cared and wanted to be boyfriend/girlfriend that was enough for me. I could not see setting rules, and they often tell women not to do that as it scares men off. Years ago, say 20 the dating scene was different and often what you describe is exactly how a relationship developed, but these days that’s not the case. People are different for better or for worse. I have never seen friends with benefits work. One person always develops feelings for the other and it erupts in disaster. I don’t recommend this for anyone, but certainly not for someone in early recovery as you may not have the skills to deal with it right now. You should cut her out of your life entirely. She is not the one for you. No matter what she does, you will continue to have and devleop feelings for her. She has made clear what she wants. You just need to hear what she is saying. And what she is saying in my honest opinion is I would like to keep you around to boost my self esteem, until I meet someone else. Don’t fall into that trap. You deserve so much more and being with this person is going to prevent you from meeting the woman who is right for you. The relationship is not good for you. It is understandable to be hurt and upset I would be. But give yourself some time to get past it, say okay i am going to be sad for three more days and then I am going to move on and get back out there, using what i learned from this situation to not repeat it in the future. Tell her you no longer want to be friends or date. Then block her. On your phone, on social media on your email. This is more for you than it is for her. You don’t want that temptation. Fill your life with other things and other people that will make moving on easier. Relationships suck, lots of people suck and dating wow, dating is a battllefield these days. But know you are not alone we are all struggling with dating and meeting people at some point in our lives. It will happen for you just not with her.