1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stranger Things - My new obsession.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SolitaryScribe, Dec 18, 2017.

1. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

So I've recently started watching stranger things on Netflix... I literally binged season 1 yesterday and so far I'm loving it. Some of the plots are a bit cheesy and cliché, but I think that adds charm to the show because it really does remind me of the shows that were made in the 80's and 90's. That's probably why I love it so much, t's very nostalgic.

Any of you guys out there watch it? and what are your thoughts?

no spoilers please!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. JoelTLOU

JoelTLOU Fapstronaut

Oh yes, i watch Stranger Things and the whole show is epic. I'm currently on Chapter Six : The Monster

3. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

It's a great serie with many interesting characters. I loved it, and have watched all the content available. I only started watching it because of the timeline in which it plays.

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  4. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yes I watched both seasons. Really enjoyed it, especially the first one. Those kids are too cool.

I Am that I Am likes this.
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Yeah! I love the time line! and the music!

6. Both seasons are great. I'm so excited for season 3.

WesternWolf and I Am that I Am like this.
  7. I Am that I Am

I Am that I Am Fapstronaut

I enjoyed the first season. I have been losing interest in tv shows. I have Netflix right now but doubt I will watch anymore if it. My interest seems to be so very limited when it comes to television these days.

Now that you mention it I will probably uninstall Netflix as I cancelled the trial.

vibemaker likes this.
  8. RememberWhyWeQuit

RememberWhyWeQuit Fapstronaut

I really enjoyed both seasons however, I really hope that for season three they don't go the same route because it might get repetitive.

9. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I just finished it last night. I watched the first episode maybe 3 weeks ago. Then I got my dad to watch the pilot. He wanted my mom to watch so they had to finish house of cards. Then we watched the whole show together. Yesterday afternoon I was helping my grandma with Netflix and I got her to watch the first episode. Now she's hooked on it to.

10. TheFlash123

TheFlash123 Fapstronaut

Yeah! It's just awesome...
    Waiting hard for Season 3

Guys, do have any idea about the last monster appearance(On UpSide Down - High School) in last episode of Season 2 ??

11. Zestria

Zestria Fapstronaut

I'm the minority on this one. I go against nobody for enjoying the show as everyone has their own opinions. I don't like the show. It was really tough for me to get through the first episode for some reason. I was uninterested in the characters. One child is missing, another is a lab escapee (I'm assuming) and sheriff doesn't care what happens. Very bland in my opinion.

/readies Flame Shield +1

12. TheFlash123

TheFlash123 Fapstronaut

Oh! First episode was ridiculous. But, have u watched all other episode ? If not, then try it once :)
    I'm sure you will enjoy it. After all, it's all about thrilling scenes. :D

Zestria likes this.
  13. Zestria

Zestria Fapstronaut

I may do that. Thanks for the reassurance that the first episode was not just me overthinking it. :)

TheFlash123 likes this.
  14. Probably going to be the main bad guy in season 3. I have no clue how it's going to be defeated though...

15. Gotham Outlaw

You have to get through a few episodes. They have to introduce you to all the characters and create the world that the show happens in. Only after that can they work on plot progression and character development.

16. Gotham Outlaw

I can't be the only one who thinks this.

FullSizeR1_02.jpg

17. Stranger Things is amazing! I understand now why it's so popular :)

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  18. I have yet to see an episode lol right now I’m addicted to This Is Us and old episodes of House M.D, Law & Order SVU and Greys Anatomy.

19. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

It's such an awesome show, but Winona Ryder...omg...that is a beyond difficult role to play. As an actor/performer, I've been in a few productions where women had to play mothers who lost their children, and it was not ever a walk in the park.

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  20. I'm listening to this podcast that gives a synopsis on stranger things then goes into detail describing the CIA program the series was based on, which was based on Occult and Satanic Ritual.