1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Diet and Fasting Experiences

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by EyesToSeeEarsToHear, Dec 19, 2017.

1. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

Motivation for me to follow through. Thanks!

I believe this may have been left while my post was still written poorly yet you still left this alpha, high minded, motivating remark.

Shows how alpha you are!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Well yesterday was the seventh day. I didn't intentionally change my eating habits but I just started not wanting snacks like chocolate or candy as much. Only real perk other than that was not spending money on drinks I usually would.

There for sure would've been better changes if I was disciplined towards my food too.

I want to start trying intermittent fasting but I don't need to lose much fat and definitely don't want to be tired or groggy throughout the day.

I will look into my options and commit when I think something makes sense.

3. Aetius

Aetius Fapstronaut

First time to notice that i drink 2 cup of tea and one cup of coffe dailly .. i will give it a try for a week also

4. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

If you're going to drink only water, treat yourself to some of that ultrapurified bottled stuff once in a while. Not the standard reverse osmosis stuff but one that go a step beyond - some of them go down really smooth - you'd be surprised how much you may like them.

As far as intermittent fasting, depending on how many hours you feel counts it's totally doable. I can't go 16 hours but now do 13-14 pretty much every night.

5. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Do you mean something like Fiji water? Sounds interesting and I'm interested. What's the cheapest ultrapurified bottled stuff you know? lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

No I believe Fiji is like spring water, where the source is supposed to be clean. I mean stuff like Penta which has a 17 stage filtration process. When I've used Penta to mix any kind of powder it always dissolves a lot better. Also SOME of the alkaline waters are quite good.

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  7. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Thanks for the great share man I will look into it.

8. Conradd Copperfield

Conradd Copperfield New Fapstronaut

Is it true that marijuana can actually help to loss weight? I've been hearing people talk about this lately in some forum i cant remember what forum that is but i was pretty curious about they're topic. I have been reading this marijuana strain here in bonzaseeds,com/blog/tangerine-dream/ and all it says that it can help you relax and chill you physically and mentally. Some of them might even help you with depression and anxiety but this issue regarding losing weight when using marijuana is just fascinating. Can you enlighten me with some new information about this?

9. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Hey so I practice fasting myself. In fact I dry-fasted for 16 hours earlier today. I wanted to say a few tips.

1. Its easier to fast if you get into ketosis first and then attempt it. You can do this more easily by eating only meat/fish/eggs for a few days. This will make it so the first two days of fasting are more bearable.

2. When people say water fast it can often be a bit misleading. You dont have to fast on just water, in fact I don't advise that. You can supplement electrolytes like sodium,magnesium and potassium. So you will still have some energy and normal body functions without breaking your fast. Just drink a bit of salt water, and get some magnesium/potassium pills from a pharmacy they should be cheap enough. In my experience the potassium part is overrated but magnesium is important.

3. I've ironically found dry fasting to be easier for different reasons. Although it is a bit intense/hard at first but once you break through the wall the first time I find it better. Dry fasting is where you don't drink water or food. In some cases you dont even let water touch your skin. This is a bit extreme but feel free to brush your teeth and shower.

So why I find the dry fast actually easier. Well for one you go into ketosis faster. Apart from initial thirst which your body will learn to deal with, you feel less hungry. You also have to run to drink water 10x less and pee 10x less. You also hit certain states of consciousness faster as Jordan Peterson mentioned. Try it for 16-24 hours at first and then in the future you can try extending.

What I personally do this year is that I will dry fast for about 16 hours and then water fast for 8 , then have a meal. Because I am already in ketosis and I use a lot of energy mentally. I don't find it that productive for me to go over 48 hours of fasting, water , dry, or otherwise. But its often helpful during that period.

This morning I dry fasted even though I caught hte flu yesterday and I felt better. I ate tonight and I feel the symptoms coming back. I read a bit about this before but anyway thats my advice on fasting. Also If you are trying fasting, the first few times definitely let others know and if u feel really sick eat and try again the next day , u will find it gets easier.

10. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Oh two more things. Do NOT fast outside of your home initially and don't go doing strenuous activity unless you are an experienced faster. Below I will include some videos that are helpful.

IF

This guy is sorta annoying but he has decent electrolyte recipes especially if you dont want to go to the drug store. Water fast with electrolytes.

Dry fast vids

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. As a former pothead,my experience is that it always made me hungry. Which is one reason they probably prescribe medical pot to chemo recipients—helps the nausea and increases appetite.

12. nalimsky

nalimsky Fapstronaut

I lost 15 kg in last 3 months, i just count calories and i keep proteins high. It's most important thing, calories down and protein high (about 1.5-2 grams per kg).

My abs will be fully visible in next 3-4 weeks. Also i bought fat burner, i hope it can help during hard gym and cardio sessions and as appetite suppressant.

13. RationalBrody

RationalBrody Fapstronaut

Been practicing Intermittent Fasting (16-8, LeanGains protocol ) for 3 months. loving it more and more.
    Drinking a cup of black tea in the mornings, having clarity of mind and being able to put myself into a Deep work / Flow state, priceless.

I even did a 24h fast and it was effortless. Felt great the day after.
    IF is probably going to be a permanent lifestyle approach for me.