1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Gracie: Sex Is unnecessary expenditure of energy.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

K. Thanks for sharing I guess. The person’s viewpoint of sex in that article is retarded.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

Sex is meant to be for procreation only. Too much sex indulgence is tiresome to the body and mind and soul. What's retarded about that?

4. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

No it isn’t. Who are you to say what sex is “meant” for? It’s fine for you to think that but it’s not true for everyone else.

5. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

Who are you to say that it isn't?
    Any sensible human being whose consciousness is higher than that of a dog will understand that dissipating such valuable energy on trivial pursuits is harmful.

Holy scriptures like Bhagavad Gita, Bible all concur that the wages of sin /ilicit sex is death only.

Suicidal animal class has no authority and grounding in scripture or higher consciousness so their howling is not to be taken seriously.

Hello produced dynasty of heroes so his point is well proven.

What's your proof that overindulging in sex beyond it's sole purpose brings anything than death, disease, trouble and degradation to society?

It turns heroes into sissies. Modest chaste women into whores. Tears families apart etc.

Isn't the sole purpose of this forum to inspire us all to disentangle ourselves from horrific effects of overindulgence in sex?

You are entitled to your own suicide, of course. Just don't jump at the throat of those who are trying to cultivate higher values than your own. Thanks for your kind understanding.

6. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

@Eddie108
    The bahgvat geeta does not equate end of life to illicit death. Sorry, but i had to point that out. It does NOT.
    The geeta is a conversation between god (krishna) and a warrior (arjun) so kindly refrain from utilising holy text on a referencial basis to fuel a debate.
    The holy geeta gives no punishment for sins. That nature of hinduism is never to equalise sins with punishment. Karma is the essense of return, both for boons and punishment.

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  7. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

"In Bhagavad-gita (7.11) it is said: dharmaviruddho bhutesu kamo 'smi bharatarsabha. Sex is allowed only for the begetting of children, not for enjoyment. One can indulge in sex to beget a good child for the benefit of the family, society and world. Otherwise, sex is against the rules and regulations of religious life. A materialistic person does not believe that everything is managed in nature, and he does not know that if one does something wrong, he is witnessed by different demigods. A person enjoys illicit sex, and due to his blind, lusty desire. he thinks that no one can see him, but this illicit sex is thoroughly observed by the agents of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore the person is punished in so many ways. presently in Kali-yuga there are many pregnancies due to illicit sex, and sometimes abortions ensue. These sinful activities are witnessed by the agents of the Supreme personality of Godhead, and a man and woman who create such a situation are punished in the future by the stringent laws of material nature (daivi hy esa guna-mayi mama maya duratyaya). Illicit sex is never excused, and those who indulge in it are punished life after life. As confirmed in Bhagavad-gita (16.20):

asurim yonim apanna
    mudha janmani janmani
    mam aprapyaiva kaunteya
    tato yanty adhamam gatim

"Attaining repeated birth among the species of demoniac life, such persons can never approach Me. Gradually they sink down to the most abominable type of existence."

The Supreme Personality of Godhead does not allow anyone to act against the stringent laws of material nature; therefore illicit sex is punished life after life. Illicit sex creates pregnancies, and these unwanted pregnancies lead to abortion. Those involved become implicated in these sins, so much so that they are punished in the same way the next life. Thus in the next life they also enter the womb of a mother and are killed in the same way. All these things can be avoided by remaining on the transcendental platform of Krsna consciousness. In this way one does not commit sinful activity. Illicit sex is the most prominent sin due to lusty desire. When one associates with the mode of passion, he is implicated in suffering life after life.

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Deleted Account and YoFrap like this.
  8. Well I don't like kids and nor do I want them, people can have sex regardless of that aspect. Sex is something that brings people together, and is not limited to just procreation.

9. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

Here is a brief view of marriage in Islam en thus explaining sexual relationship.

It's true that there is much emphasize in Islam about the probihition of sex before marriage, and even the contact between the 2 sexes. But I don't read anywhere that one should have sex soley for procreation.

"And one of His signs is that He has created for you, spouses from amongst yourselves so that you might take comfort in them and He has placed between you, love and mercy. In this there is surely evidence (of the truth) for the people who carefully think." (Surah 30, Verse 21)

"They (your wives) are a clothing (covering) for you and you too are a clothing (covering) for them." (Surah 2, Verse187)

Marriage is first of all for love, tranquality and mercy. It's also a shield against promiscuity, adultery, fornication and many other evil things. In a marriages, the sexual relationship differs from person to person. It's not restricted to any rulings except that anal sex is forbidden.

"Your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your place of cultivation however you wish and put forth [righteousness] for yourselves. And fear Allah and know that you will meet Him. And give good tidings to the believers." (Surah 2: verse 223)

before someone takes this out of context, here you can see the explanation of this verse.
    http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=189&Itemid=36

This is really brief information. I can provide more info, if you guys are interested.

10. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

From the point of a sports person it makes sense that sex is a waste of energy. Several athletes abstain for more than a month before a big game. Sex drains your energy, physical, mental, and sexual. But it's personal choice. Whether you have sex for fun, or procreation, it's up to you.

11. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

We are talking about professional sports where every 0,1% counts. Most of us here don't do sports on that level. Those sportsmen not only leave sex but also many other things together like many kinds of food, alcohol,drugs and have a very disciplined lifestyle. So just mentioning one point(sex) doesn't make any sense. You can't use it as a argument...

12. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I said it's personal choice :confused:

13. Personally I would rather live for 90 years having sex every day with a woman (for procreation or not) whom I love than 100 years being celibate.

Quality over quantity. Just my take though.

14. YoFrap

YoFrap New Fapstronaut

Wow this is too beautiful I have read the Bhagavad Gita and I am an ISKCON devotee but I can't seem to remember reading this I mean I know how bad illicit sex is but I don't remember the purport being this well thanks for reminding me!

Deleted Account and Eddie108 like this.
  15. From a martial artists point of view complete containment aka Brahmacharya is supreme power building but can be tough if one is weak...in fact I will add that it cannot be done without practice of meditation/pranayma/qiqong/hatha yoga/etc. Without a body/heart/brain development outlet. It may be done for months or even years but there will be sexual thoughts, overthinking etc. - surpression
    In the case one cannot do that then it is simply best to refrain to only sex with a loved one not hookers or goats in barn ffs, and limit it. once a month absolute maximum frequency. Or best a bit more frequent but limit to only hot seasons of the year like animals in the wild. It is very unwise to expend through unnecesary sleepless night, uncalled for extra sex, bad food in cold season when the body is expending 3 times or even more energy just to survive, compared to the hot season, like people do on Christmass and New Year celebrations.

But each to their goals, most people reading this don't care if they become a bunch of fat disguiting old men, as long as they lived a bunch of happy pirate parrots in their lives. They have no bigger goal...or picture in their mind.

16. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

There’s tons of health benefits related to an active sex life. You saying it’s harmful is based on what exactly? Scientific fact? Or you’re just making stuff up as you go along?

17. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

So called science has convinced men that they are slightly evolved monkeys.

If you agree with such so-called science, then you are monkey indeed.

Monkey science should not be too appealing to humans who wish to evolve beyond the animal platform.

Since most animal-like humans nowadays have zero interest in higher taste / spiritual life, it's understandable how only the conclusions of monkey science appeal to them.

For humans only :
    if the existence of forum like this isn't proof enough that waisting precious seminal fluid brings only pain and misery, please refer back to the monkey-science.

18. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

The only way out of this realm of low consciousness is to develop a higher taste.

Higher taste means to understand that we are not this body. We are spirit soul which can only derive true , unlimited and never ending pleasure in service of God.

Ephemeral sex pleasure is actually keeping us in the prison of this miserable material world.

Krishna, the Supreme personality of Godhead stated in the Bhagavad Gita as it is that sex should be used for procreation only. Only way to get to Him is to abstain from illicit sex completely. All sex not meant for procreation only is illicit sex and is the cause of our bondage in the material world.

Of the senses, the hardest one to control and subdue is the voracious tongue. The only way to subdue the tongue is by eating exclusively sanctified food offered to Krishna with love and devotion.

Eating any other sin-filled food cooked in a lusty mindset or cooked by the lusty uncontoled monkey-like people will be the cause of our eternal bondage/reincarnation in the material world.

Chant : Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare and be happy forever.

This maha-mantra is the prescribed method of liberation in this dark age of quarrel and hypocrisy called Kali Yuga.

There is no other way, no other way, no other way.

19. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

You appear to be delusional.

20. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

What do you think of what Helio said here?