1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Oldest Man In The World Is A Celibate

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Eddie108, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

2. That's what's up, 120 year and he still kicking it. I eat lentils everyday, just need some happiness and peace and I'd be straight! Lol, Ironically there was a Lo'real commercial before the video for the "Lo" life sheeple.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2018
  3. Crimson Guard

Crimson Guard Fapstronaut

That's interesting, but I don't think to be celibate is the secret to live longer on this earth. It's God's plan.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. If you just want to live to 100 then just to the lentils and yoga.

5. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

It is possible that in sex where there's a conservation of energy, where energy is exchanged and contained between the partners has a different effect than sex that ends up just dispersing it. It starts to look like that's where love comes in, and not just in a sentimental sense or how you feel about someone emotionally even if that might be reflected on an emotional level. (after all there's the possibility of infatuation and such)

6. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I call bs. I bet he's having 20 year old virgin girls delivered to him weekly.

Vulkan likes this.
  7. Ongoingsupport

A few HOURS of yoga daily? How many people are able to do that much in the modern world? Suppose you can make a living being a yoga teacher, in the West not that many people are going to follow a guy like that. It doesn't show him doing any advanced hatha asanas, even if he has the knowledge relatively few yogis will be able to appreciate that. He ain't no Rodney Yee showing off his pecs.

It is also possible at least a part of his longevity is environmental. Maybe he could make enough money to buy his lentils in context of our daily reality but then he might be subject to pollution he wouldn't be being wherever he does actually live.

8. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

People from that area telling their ages is somewhat dubious... However it might be true that a celibate may benefit from some things in his life. If you somehow direct to the thought of a celibate being a better human being then one who isn't .. it's highly false.

I personally prefer living (a little) shorter but enjoying the benefits of marriage then being a celibate and live a long life.. Eventually we will all die and let's be honest, after the age of 65 or so we won't be doing most of the things we are used to do now...

kevinfine and Deleted Account like this.
  9. truthseeker17

Have you ever been in India?

10. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Yes.

11. Eddie108

Eddie108 Fapstronaut

Man, so many doofus douchebag comments here form people who are not able to contemplate anything higher than their immediate sense gratification. Pretty much an animal level of existence.

I shared this so that the sincere seeker will get an insight into how benefitial prolonged semen retention can be.

Nobody asked you to become a celibate, just consider the benefits that are available only to a lifelong celibates. That's all.

Apparently, many people have by now already jerked off most of their brain substance along with their semen so no point in discussing anything with them.

12. Yes, I agree, but do be concise in your thinking. Hedonism is not the answer either. You must give your full effort and then the supreme will have the last say. But if you do not put the right effort you will have neither. One aspect about actually devoted religious people...not attention seeking whores, is that they put the effort and even more. But people who are not devoted to their faith almost never put virtuous effort in anything and live life passively, stressfully and unwisely!.
    ? For most people in the West that is like 40, then they are dead pretty much. Low energy, backache, just drinking and sitting and making corny old man jokes on sundays bbq. I would not call that life. Memory is not great, body is not smooth, laughing your ass off isn't as super easy as it was in childhood : /.
    Some scientists call themselves...and me :/ ; :p....the most inteliggent animal on earth.

But let's not impatient. In some parts of the world humans are COMPLETLY uneducated about anything. It is tough for them : ) Compassion is the way of the master :)

Eddie108 likes this.
  13. truthseeker17

Nobody said anything rude about celibate?!!Why so mad? It's bad for your bloodpressure and will most surely impact the length of your life ...

Now if you do talk about the "animal level of existence" you also better stop eating and start fasting, since (excess)food is the mother of all evil and the primary instinct of a animal.

The pro's of marriages outstrips the pro's of being celibate. You may not like this but this is how it is.. It doesn't mean that being celibate is evil, no not at all ...

In the end I mean no harm nor am I here to be rude, offensive or harm you in any way... I just try to express my view. If I somehow let you feel hurt, I apologies, it was never my intention!

Eddie108 likes this.
  14. He meant just setteling on that level alone or making that your primary abode.

That is YOUR personal opinion. We haven't even made a list to compare anything :p

Eddie108 likes this.
  15. Budh

Budh Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I do admire people who're celibate. Their sexual energies can be diverted into more productive avenues. I think a lot of people who dislike or make fun of celibates are deep down jealous of them.

I can't picture a life without intimacy, though my vision is clouded I suppose. What I'm aiming to achieve is abstinence from masturbation and indeed sex completely, unless of course my path crosses with a wonderful woman.

16. Budh

Budh Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yoga can also mean meditation, so he might be meditating for very long periods. Yes not many people can find a few hours a day, though a few hours a day isn't required for yoga or meditation, 30 minutes a day is satisfactory.

17. At least 30 minutes every day and there's definitely positive benefits to them. I love doing yoga and have been trying to get into the rhythm of meditation, can't seem to do it on time every day unfortunately.

18. Ongoingsupport

It's interesting how everyone measures meditation in terms of clock time, I'll bet a lot of people who meditate a lot and is completely immersed in the "lifestyle" doesn't.

Of course at a certain point you have to ask if the person who spends an hour a day or what have you are mindful of anything other than the period during formal meditation. What about mindfulness of, well, everything else in their life? Of course the idea is the effect of formal practice carry over to the rest of ones life, but what about the other way around? If someone was really mindful of work and all the other stuff it's not hard to imagine the quality of their sit may be different. But nobody ever thinks about that let alone articulate this thought, but there's plenty of minute measurements thrown about.

If we're talking a hatha yoga practice, it is possible for someone to make it a priority and work the poses to the point where it establish balance in their body, and on some days that might be 30 minutes and others it might be much longer, and you can't rush how fast the body unwinds. You're not going to get that by completely buying into the uniformity of the clock time metric though.

19. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Only Yogi I like is Yogi Bear. I know I am dating myself with this. lol
    [​IMG]

20. Ongoingsupport

Someone who is narcissistic or with dissociative identity disorder can be dating themselves in another sense, but I'm digressing.

I hope this isn't triggering for people, but if so the second one should be a bit of an antidote - I recommend jumping to the second:

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.