1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

CLASSIC ROCK

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lucas Anderson, Dec 29, 2017.

1. I lost my mind at a Styx concert here in my hometown about 10½ years ago! :D They were supporting Deep Purple who were Mesmeric! But for me, the best of the triple bill was my all-time favourite band: Thin Lizzy! They were awesome! :)

2. Ewww dude. Did he rly say that? I heard some of it not all that.

Fuck this isn't classical but this shit needs to be purged and washed away:

Quiver likes this.
  3. Yeah those are the actual lyrics pretty disturbing but he is describing someone he met or something, not himself if I remember correctly

4. Lucas Anderson

Lucas Anderson Fapstronaut

Styx put on a hell of a show... I’m not their biggest fan but I definitely appreciate their music and the talent and damn... trust me do NOT miss an opportunity to see them!

Knighthawk likes this.
  5. I know man, ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE. I have my grandfather to thank for my taste in music, he also lent me Phil Collins latest book and dude was that amazing. The Doors ohhhhh yeahhh. I'm so glad there are fapstronauts posting about classic rock. Don't get me wrong either I can like modern stuff too like have you heard Greta Van Fleet or The Struts? I'm totally in the mood to listen to music if you have suggestions also.

Lucas Anderson likes this.
  6. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

That’s my man! I’ve got the exact same music style. I just love the old stuff. Are you into The Rolling Stones and The Beatles as well? And what about Deep Purple and stuff like Mink DeVille?

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are by far my favorites

Lucas Anderson likes this.
  7. Here are a couple of tracks from the bands I saw that night.

The lead guitar and Hammond organ duel with passion on this classic opener to Machine Head: Highway Star (1972)

I recommend totally the harmonic guitar duet on this Irish rocker: Róisín Dubh (Black Rose) A Rock Legend (1979)

Sadly Philip Lynott (vocals/bass) and co-writer Gary Moore (lead guitar) have long since died. RIP you Irish legends!

P.S. I will let somebody who knows the Styx back catalogue to suggest a classic song of theirs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
    Quiver likes this.
  8. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Classic rock is the best!

Lucas Anderson and Quiver like this.
  9. Agreed! Who would you pick out from the 1970s bands?

10. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Led Zeppelin

Quiver likes this.
  11. Lucas Anderson

I have not heard either of those bands! I also really dig Cream and Eric Clapton btw man

WesternWolf likes this.
  12. Lucas Anderson

Hey man I’m a HUGE Beatles fan as well... have every album on vinyl!!! As far as The Rolling Stones goes, I’ll happily listen to them but they aren’t one of my favorites... I have their Hot Rocks album, which is basically greatest hits from their early career, and that album is straight . Other than that though not much of a stones guy.

Quiver likes this.
  13. Batushka

Batushka Fapstronaut

One of my favorite albums of all time around that age