1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else taking freezing cold showers everyday in this cold winter weather?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ac1909, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ac1909

ac1909 Fapstronaut

Im in texas and its like 30-40 degrees right now but i onow all those guys up north have it worse... i wann know whos doing it thats in a place way colder than where i am so i could have more motivation to do it haha

2. Dude it gets much colder where I am from. I am not no. But I may start. Indeed I may. It does the body good I hear even when it is balls cold out.

Unluckyandlearning likes this.
  3. ac1909

ac1909 Fapstronaut

Im doing mine as more of a discipline rather than for the benefits, i know its a good anti depressing thing or whatever but yeah. My parents dont like to have the house super warm because of electricity and whatnot, so its still kinda cold in here...

4. Good for the immune system and skin and supposedly other things. Used in TCM and Ayurveda. Western medical research is finding new things about it I think. Correct me if I'm a freak in a box.

I tell ya wut I will start documenting outside temps and how long I can stand under the shower without moving the dial from the coldest setting for a week straight and go from there.

5. I am guessing the temp will vary from 0 to 20 where I live. Actually from 20 to 2 so I will do it thru this Saturday. That's all I am game for I am afraid.

Mental prep time:

ac1909 likes this.
  6. ac1909

ac1909 Fapstronaut

Alright there you go ill take that

7. Misogynist taking yo Kia? Is that what that says?
    [​IMG]

8. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Hello no, lol. And I'm in California.

Strength And Light likes this.
  9. I don't speak Japanese. But something else took my Kia Forte Koup years ago. A high speed pursuit and multiple units were involved as was a wild goose chase on bare feet through a frozen marsh forest.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Kenzi and ac1909 like this.
  11. RecoveringFapaholic

RecoveringFapaholic Fapstronaut

I went to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl and the shower wasn't even that cold despite the outside temp below freezing. It might've had something to do with being on the 9th floor of the hotel but the shower at my home in Florida gets colder. My roommates did say the shower was scalding hot though. When I showered the knob was facing the cold end.

12. sombrero23

sombrero23 Fapstronaut

I was taking cold showers until I stopped quite recently, like half a month ago or more. I stopped it because I began to feel tired after I got dressed, I don't even know why. But I'm still doing 30 seconds of cold shower after washing my hair and body in warm water, and that way it can get me awake in an instant

13. WaveKing15

WaveKing15 Fapstronaut

London in winter is just cold itself so when you come home from outside and have a cold shower you cant really feel much of a difference but I take it mostly when I wake up in the morning.I honestly don't know why I make myself suffer like that.The first few seconds of when you are hesitating to pull that showerhead over your head and let the icy water tear over your body is what really matters after that you just get used to it.

14. ac1909

ac1909 Fapstronaut

What helps me is everytine i shower is right after im done at the gym so my body is still kinda warm even after being outside for a bit but yes those few seconds leading up to the first bit is the worst. After like 2 mijites im like whatever about it. Im just glad im not the only one “punishing” myself with cold showers while its cold outside haha

15. I am punishing myself but only for 5 days here. Will post temp outside and time under water on coldest setting which is below freezing on my profile as I am weathering a storm in an icy lair for God knows how long here.

Godspeed.

16. 2018 pls

2018 pls Fapstronaut

Truer words were never said. Also in London area, gets freezing around this time of the year. as soon as you hop out put your clothes on you go back to your normal body temperature anyway.

17. ac1909

ac1909 Fapstronaut

Thats the best feeling! i always though “crap i take a cold shower ima freeze the rest of the day” but man, getting into some fresh warm clothes after is the best feeling

18. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Why would a take a cold shower? It’s just torturing yourself for no reason.

19. To respond to the original poster, I don't have freezing cold showers (just regular cold/cool ones) though I'd love to experience the difference.

That depends on the perspective of the individual who takes said cold shower. I can't blame anyone for thinking I'm crazy for having a cold shower (hey even I thought it was crazy at one point or another), but I feel as though I've benefited from having them.

There can be sense of achievement from doing it.
    It can take your attention away from other thoughts and desires.
    It can be refreshing on a hot summers day and even in mid-winter.

I've been taking cold showers for more than a year straight now, and on and off since I began being PMO-Free. Each to their own, but I feel as they can really help.

That being said, my cold showers aren't the same as having a cold shower in a colder climate.

20. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

That’s an odd thing to take away from the experience. The only thing you achieved was making yourself miserable for a few minutes.