1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got back from first date

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Mankrik, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I had my first date with my dream girl today. I have had a crush on her for so long and we finally got together. I feel like there were a few minor hiccups (forgot to get the door for her once, some very brief awkward silences) but all in all it seemed like we both had a great time and seemed really into one another. We talked for like two straight hours and there was lots of laughing and smiling. We have so much in common. But at the end she said something that made my stomach drop. She said she would want to hang out again sometime but she's busy and has a lot of appointments this week. She said previously she had all week off. So naturally I'm freaking out about this. I have really strong feelings and want to see her again so bad. What does this mean? What should i do? I'm inexperienced and have nobody to talk to. Please help.

2. Stop overthinking it. Take her word for it and leave it at that.

3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Ok I have calmed down a little bit lol. I had a great time and feel like we really connected. I texted her "thanks for the great time :)" and she texted back an hour later "yup it was a pleasure :)"

So hard to read but I'm gonna wait a whole day and the casually try and get a convo going again and see what's up.

4. Awesome decision. Listen man just try and practice detachment from her. If you try to hold on tightly you're just going to over analyze every little detail because you're afraid to lose her, and that's going to drive you and her nuts. She's not "the one" she's one of many. I would encourage you to continue to also keep your options open and even date other girls until you two have made it official.

5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

'Shit test' to see how needy you are.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Laughing and smiling and two hours is excellent!
    I wouldn't stress the fact that she's busy. People get busy, it happens. If you want to put yourself out of your misery, you could send her a text that says, "I really enjoyed spending time with you Tuesday, when can I see you again?" It lets her know you liked it, that you're interested, gives an open question, and keeps it low pressure on her as she can fit you into her schedule.

Mankrik likes this.
  7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Gave it a whole day and then texted her today. Light conversation and it's been a couple hours since she responded but she mentioned she's hanging out with her friends so she's probably just busy. If she replies I'll wait awhile and ask her to go out at a specific place at a specific time before we go back to our respective colleges.

Hitto and Deleted Account like this.
  8. I completely agree with this. Really great effort Mankrik, it sounds like it went quite well.

I personally think that this isn't much to worry about.

Either way, you have something to say about what you've done: You've now officially been on a date.

A41:14A and Mankrik like this.
  9. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Sorry bro, from what you described, do not get your hopes up.

10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks for the support :D hopefully it all works out. I'll keep this thread updated.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Appreciate the honesty. I'm new to all this and am going through a thousand possibilities in my head. I really like her and spending time with her was amazing but it's also stressful and intimidating because I have no idea how she perceives me. Just gonna relax and play it cool.

Hitto and Runtilmylegsdropoff like this.
  12. Dracoterra

Dracoterra Fapstronaut

Don't worry too much about how she perceives you. People tend to be happiest with themselves when they stop worrying about how others perceive them, which is also when they are at their most attractive. Take a step back, breathe, and be yourself! You're not going to be happy with her in the long run if you can't be yourself with her, so relaxing and playing it cool sounds like an awesome plan.

Hitto likes this.
  13. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely myself around her and everything seems fine. I just live in my head a lot and am super worried because I have had a crush on her for years and I really want things to work out. I can't read her mind though, taking your advice is my best play.

14. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Gonna throw this out there, the whole "wait three days" or whatever is crap - in this day and age she'll have forgotten about you by then. No time like the present.

15. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Good advice and very accurate, however I do believe I need some distance in the early stages to let some attraction develop. I don't want to seem too needy or easy.

Drift likes this.
  16. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Ok so here's an update if anyone is following. I asked her to go out tomorrow night and she politely declined because it's her last night at home before she has to go back to college and promised her family she would spend time with them. I think that's kind of nice actually. She also said she definitely would want to some other time. It's also my last night before I go back to school. My plan is to just casually text her periodically. Im getting sense of mutual interest it's just we got to go back to our respective schools. I'm not going to wait around for her, but she seems genuine and I think a second date is extremely likely the next time she's in town.

17. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I think it's a fact the more detached about the outcome the less stress you put on her and you and if there is a genuine spark or connection it will happen it doesn't need to be forced

julianstone and Mankrik like this.
  18. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

As hard as it is I think your right and this is the path I'm taking. This girl is my first and only love and I have had a crush on her for years. However I just need to relax and be cool; that's the best way to play this.

19. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

"Only" lol but I know what you mean love is strong feeling and emotion and it's hard to stay grounded when it hits is us but I feel like NoFap will teach us discipline and help us learn art of self-reliance and also how to stop resisting the present moment

Mankrik likes this.
  20. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

dON