1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Just look at those tusks!

2. Fruitnveghead

Fruitnveghead Fapstronaut

Today's workout was heavy squats 3X5 + Pullups + a 1hr cardio class at gym.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

I've been through a lot this year, so I've learned to always look on the bright side.

4. Heavy dumbbell clean and presses, heavy calves and light good mornings today.

Dummbbell sets were 80x5 each arm, 90x5 each arm, 100x2 each arm, 110x2 each arm and I managed 120lbs for 25 single reps with my right arm and 20 with the left.

For calves I held my barbell like I would in my deadlift stance with 400lbs loaded over my feet. Slow contractions seem to work better for me, it's much harder to balance the slower I go. AND HARDER IS BETTER

Good mornings were done with 100lbs and purely for getting some blood flowing to the lower back. I feel I've been sitting down too much and my back is getting tight.

Looking forward to restarting my patented Heavy as Fuckprogram after this week. I have a lot of pent up rage I need to let loose.

5. F*ck Yeah!

6. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Happy new year folks! May 2018 be a successful year of reaching our exercise and NoFap goals!

Great working out guys. Good to see the motivation not holding up over xmas. Navdeep - whats balayam?

Jeez its been a while since I posted. Illness and a minor (hopefully not major) calf injury has made things quiet for me recently. Also relapsed a few times over xmas holiday. No excuses. Need to get back on track. Heres the weekly update:

week commencing 18th Dec:

Mon - am: 5.2 miles easy (37 mins), pm: Weights and core - dumbell bench press, chest flys, clap press ups, pull ups, dumbell rows, Nordic leg curls, barbell step ups with knee raise, glute bridges with leg raises, bicycle crunches (22 sets total)
    Tue - 5.5 miles tempo (32:10 => 5:51/mile pace)
    Wed - am: 4.5 miles easy (34 mins), pm: Weights and core - military press, dumbell shoulder press, lateral raises, barbell curls, lying tricep extension, leg curls, Russian twists, plank, hanging leg raises (18 sets total)
    Thur - Track session - 3 x 800m, 400m, 200m with 90 sec, 60 sec and 2 mins recovery. (800m splits - 2:29.13, 2:27.43, 2:25.45, 400m splits - 68.32, 69.03, 66.87, 200m splits - 31.18, 31.28, 30.31)
    Fri - 4.5 miles easy (34 mins)
    Sat - 5.8 miles easy (40 mins)
    Sun - 10 miles (65 mins)

week commencing 25th Dec:

Mon - Rest (who trains on Christmas Day?)
    Tue - 5.8 miles easy (41 mins)
    Wed - Intervals - 4 x 1 mile off 90 secs (average 5:30/mile). Felt awful this session. Calf not great too. Taking a few days off running.
    Thu - Rest
    Fri - Weights and core - power cleans, bench press, clap press ups, pull ups, barbell rows, squats, barbell lunges, exercise ball - back extension, leg curls, abdominal rollouts (23 sets total)
    Sat - I get a fever!
    Sun - Fever!

Nothing this week as I recover from illness, except for a weights and core session earlier today.

Injuries are always an athletes worst nightmare. Lets see how the calf responds. Hopefully my preparation for the track season wont be hindered too much.

Plan to get some cycling in next week to maintain that all important aerobic fitness.

7. Skippy78

Skippy78 Fapstronaut

Yesterday I added standard and side planks to my workout, along with 400 each of calf raises and squats. Trying different types of pushups, (close grip and elevated) so only did 100 until I adjust to those. Also Scissor kicks and 1km run/2km walk. I've given up casual smoking, so might take a while before I get my conditioning back.

Rest day today, after six pretty intense days. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow so I can smash it again!

8. ValarMaiar

ValarMaiar Fapstronaut

Things are getting pretty intense with a big essay due in a couple of weeks so I want to devote more time to that than to smaller exercises. Nevertheless, I'm definitely going to go to the gym three times a week, no matter what. In fact, I'm off now for my full-body strength training.
    L8erz!

9. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Took a walk and yesterday some kettlebell training and pull ups. Focussing on full body development.
    Stay strong people and all the best!
    /Baldur

10. day 9
    abs workout today and some cardio

11. Good to see you back! @Baldur

12. _RRJ1051.jpg
    Swimming: 33 laps. 6600 ft. 2 kilometers. Time: 48:55
    That's a picture of me with my best girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
    rollingstone and Baldur like this.
  13. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Thanks for the shout out! =) I appreciate it!
    Looking good! =D

Update:
    I had a looong walk in the rain, some fighting and pull ups.

Stay strong everybody!
    /Baldur

14. Swimming: 27 laps. 5400 ft. 1 mile + 120 ft. Time: 39:52
    I am healing
    I am healthy
    I am wealthy
    I am wise

Baldur likes this.
  15. day 10
    legs workout and arm workout
    feeling better while exercising, like i'm enjoying the process more.Earlier it was like i'd feel better once it was over.

16. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Okay! Let's do this! I haven't done any big exercise programs since I stopped running 5k Cross Country races a few years ago. I was planning to get back into exercising for the new year but then I saw the amazing workouts posted in this thread by my friend, the very studly @Deth. He has really inspired me to be much more aggressive with my program. Even though I'm old enough to be his dad, I'm going to either "go hard or go home."

So let's put that urge energy to epic use. If anyone cares or dares to join me on this challenge, be my guest!

Yesterday, I began Day 1 of a 30 Day Strength Training Boot Camp Challenge
    The core of this workout will be push-ups and planks
    First 10 Days
    • 100 push-ups per day, various positions to work different muscles, gradually increasing the number of reps per set in order to lower the number of sets
    • Sit ups/Crunches - 1 set of 10 on Day 1. Add an additional set each day during the first 10 days, with up to 4 various different styles. By day 10, it will be up to 10 sets x 10 reps.
    • Planks - four planks on Day 1 of 30-60 secs, gradually increasing to ten 75-sec planks per day (alternating sets of narrow or wide stances to activate more muscles)
    • Squats - Start on day 2 with 1 x 10. Add one set through day 6 to get to 5 x 10.​
    Second 10 Days
    • Push-ups 100 per day as above
    • Sit-ups/Crunches 100 per day as above
    • Planks - 5 standard planks at 90 seconds each; 3 left side + 3 right side planks at 30 secs each
    • Squats - 5 sets x 10 reps
    • Pull ups/ Chin ups - 5 sets x 5 reps each for a combo total of 50 ​
    Third 10 Days
    • Push-ups 100 per day as above
    • Situps/Crunches 100 per day as above
    • Planks - 2 standard planks at 100 seconds each; 5 left side + 5 right side planks at 30 secs each; 5 wide stance planks at 60 secs each; 5 narrow stance at 60 seconds each
    • Squats - 5 sets x 10 reps
    • Pull ups/Chin ups - 5 sets x 10 reps each for a combo total of 100
    I started yesterday, so updates follow in my next post.

17. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

30 Day Strength Training Boot Camp Challenge Update (Day 1, Jan 6)

Day 1 GOALS COMPLETED!
    100 push ups
    10 situps
    2 planks at 30 secs
    2 planks at 60 secs
    I'll post my day 2 updates as soon as they're complete.

Deth and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

First of all, welcome to the thread @DerNeuMann. It's good to have you here, my friend :)
    Second of all, I've been gone for a few days hiking and stuff, but I'm back. Tonight:
    2x 60 calf raisers
    2x 1:20 wall sit
    About 20 minutes of minimal leg exercises with a heavy exercise band

DerNeuMann likes this.
  19. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

30 Day Strength Training Boot Camp Challenge Update (Day 2, Jan 7)

Day 2 GOALS COMPLETED! :D:emoji_muscle:
    100 push ups
    10 situps + 10 crunches
    10 planks at 60 secs each
    10 squats

Deth likes this.
  20. Keep exercising. Eat right. Be consistent.
    I got layers of blubber. I'm mighty. I'm strong. I'm handsome. Chicks dig me.
    And...so are you! Now eat healthy, live clean and exercise with consistency. Naturally, you'll begin to luv yourself (in a NoFap way of course.)

Baldur, Deleted Account and Deth like this.