1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating an older woman

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Dec 27, 2017.

1. So I met this girl who's 14 years older than I am, but she definitely doesn't look it. I got her number last night because I had kinda been drinking and I actually thought she was cute last time I had seen her. I do think she's attractive, but she's 14 years older than me, which isn't that uncommon. I know people who have a bigger age difference than that and they're married. I guess I'm just conflicted. I kinda want to hit her up, but I really doubt it will be anything serious. My buddy said she might be looking for a good time too, but I'm not sure. What if she's looking for something serious? Not sure what I really wanna do. Any feedback would be appreciated.

vibemaker likes this.
  2. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I would just go with the flow and see what happens.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  3. Annnd, make sure she's not a single mother !

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Thanks Jimi.

5. Nah I don't think she has any kids. Again, I was a little intoxicated, but I asked her if she had a boyfriend and she said no, but she did say something that kinda got to me. Something serious happened with her last boyfriend, and it's actually kinda fucked up. It really made me feel different when she told me. She wasn't abused or anything, but umm, she said her last boyfriend had passed away. Shit stopped me in my tracks. I mean, I think she's cute and I was flirting with her, but when she told me that, I just felt so bad. She's cute and she's pretty sweet, but I just don't wanna start something that could possibly end badly and leave me feeling like a piece of shit. I just don't know.

6. That could be a big problem. My ex was 10 years older than me and it was our age gap that killed the relationship. She couldn't cope with our age differences, she would constantly say things like, 'You're a young man and I'm an old lady'. I found her saying it to me rather degrading. Eventually she stopped because I told her to stop saying it but her actions revealed that it still was on her mind. But it depends on this womans and your attitude, if she or you don't let it become an issue it shouldn't be a problem. But personally I won't go higher than 3 years older now.

What's wrong with her being a single mother anyway? If you're in the right place emotionally, mentally and spiritually (and imo you shouldn't be dating anyway if you're not) then her being a single mother shouldn't be an issue.

7. Here's your answer buddy.

8. Son of Midgaard

Son of Midgaard Fapstronaut

Older women today are as emancipated as their younger sisters if not even more...decadent? I've had both sexual encounters with older women that has been ordinare or boring so I do not subscribe to the better in bed theory but surely they are more caring, considerate and more responsive then women my own age and younger (God help).

I can obviously only give general advice but in my experience older women are more like mentors for you rather then partner matieral, and also boundaries are usually less defined which often makes it all peter out rather fast. For girlfriend matierial i look no further then say an 6-7 years margin younger aswell as older. Just makes life easier i find.

9. I guess I just don't want anything serious because she's so much older than me. I think she's cute, and I'm up for having a good time, but I can honestly say I'm not looking to settle with a girl who's 14 years older than me. I guess I should just hit her up and ask her straight away what she's looking for exactly. Yeah, I really wouldn't want to seriously date any girl who's over 5 years older or younger than me.

10. Yeah that's what I'd go with, no younger or older than 5 years. I mean, this girl is from a different generation than me, but I fucking hate my generation anyway, so, hahaha. If she starts talking about how awesome Dimebag Darrell was or how Abigail is King Diamonds' best album then I'll fucking marry her on the spot. I'd have to at that point.

sev94 likes this.
  11. hej då

hej då Fapstronaut

Bang her, if she asks you about your intentions just be straight forward.

12. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

13. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I still have very little experience when it comes to relationships but the heart wants what the heart wants. If you genuinely like her for who she is and she makes you happy I don't think age should matter too much. I would tread lightly and not start something you can't finish, but see what's up - you got nothing to lose.

14. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

I do not see how her been a single mother matters?

If they meant for each other then both the age and her been a single mother would not be an issue

15. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Her saying that her bf died when she barely knows you seems a little weird. Don't get yourself caught up in some Dexter Morgan type shit.

Hitto likes this.
  16. Yeah that really fucked with me when she said that. Nothing happened. I wasn't too sure about the whole thing anyway. I think there was too much of an age gap between us.

17. Seb2

Seb2 New Fapstronaut

How old are you?
    And,
    DOes she know your age?

18. AMPED

AMPED Fapstronaut

Some older women just want to have fun!

19. I'm 23 and yeah, she knew how old I was. I was pretty buzzed, but I remember asking her how old she thought I was, and she was spot on. Probably because she looked at my ID when she waited on me the week before. I kinda flirted with her and she just gave me her number, just like that. It was kinda crazy actually hahaha.