1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Avoiding Day dreaming

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ASD_OZ, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Sardonic

Sardonic Fapstronaut

I've caught myself daydreaming a lot more since starting NoFap. I tend to daydream the same type of thing which is, basically me having a deep connection with a girl which I obviously don't have. If I'm doing something specific like work, talking to someone or playing a video game I don't usually drift off but occasionally I do and when I eventually snap myself out of it the lack of connection with a girl simultaneously bums me out and motivates me to do something else.

Mark85 likes this.
  2. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

Wow you can play a guitar?that is realy great bro. . .honestly i can't playing any musical instrument (T.T).if i sad or depressed,i just eat something sweet,and call my best friends and talk to them what i feel and what make me feel that way(the problem that i strugle with),sometimes they can give me answer but it feels better because i know i'm not alone and they will do anythings to help me.and it feel good if we have a target and dream to reach. . .but now i can tell that you re feel lonely and don't have someone to trust?i'm wrong?

3. Mark85

Mark85 Fapstronaut

Yep, I can play some guitar, thank you very much friend. I actually had 6 or 7 friends, now I only have 2, because the others manipulated me and used me and that honestly broke my heart, anyway, with my two friends I go alone to entertain myself and from time to time I tell them how I feel, but obviously I help them with their problems. So the truth is that I do not trust much in some aspects of my friends is that many times I wanted to start projects with them or with one of them and they disillusioned me by not helping me. The two friends I'm staying with are my best friends, I've known them for about 12 years. The truth is I am very complicated. I am still in the process of not relating to those who used me, I already speak to them by no means, nor do I see them or do anything together with them. It's complicated

4. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

I just saw your profile, I just found out if you are 17 years old. You know, you will meet many people where they will teach you many things. Sometimes someone comes to hurt you but someone comes to make your life fun. I am warned by my teacher that this world is deliberately created to break our hearts,this world is temporary,but there is place where only have happiness(heaven). I am a Muslim and I am happy with my religion.you re a good man with the good heart,then keep doing good to others. believe that your deed will come back to you and will help you someday. hope god bless you friend

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Mark85 likes this.
  5. Mark85

Mark85 Fapstronaut

[/ QUOTE]
    Thank you very much friend, good advice and God bless you too.

Little kitty likes this.
  6. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

Thank you :):)

7. ASD_OZ

ASD_OZ Fapstronaut

I can tell you that my solution so far has great results for me.
    I am more occupied on the things in my life more than ever.
    Try to set a timer to buzz off every 5-10 mins.
    Then when you feel more present increase the timer to 20-30 mins

Single Palm Change likes this.
  8. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Stop trying to avoid daydreaming.

Just engage in productive and health advancing activities and put your focus on that. If you realize that you're lost in thoughts, that's great, because then you can return your focus to what you're doing in the present moment. And you can keep coming back again and again. With time and practice, it will get easier and easier to get back to the present moment. And you'll spend longer and longer time there.

9. Mark85

Mark85 Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for answering, and yes, you are right, thank God lately "awake" rapidisimo of these "dreams", I do not avoid it, because who does not dream awake, is only that I abused and became a habit. God keep you and bless you.

10. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

You have to take responsibilty for your own thoughts. Nobody is "doing this to you". It's yourself. It's in your control. Practice controlling it, you can do it.
    As long as you are thinking about it in this way, you are giving your control away. Become active and take the power back. The first reply to this thread is very good advice, so start from there. Combine this with your timer method, it should work really well.

@WalkingForward also has a very good point.

Some people have a 3 second rule for fantasizing. After 3 seconds you stop no matter what.
    I myself have a 0 second rule. As soon as I catch myself fantasizing, I stop.
    I'm expanding this rule to work for rumination as well as negative thinking.

ASD_OZ, Mark85 and Little kitty like this.
  11. Mark85

Mark85 Fapstronaut

Good advice friend, when I notice that I start to fantasize quickly "wake up" and do something I learned here: I name 3 things I can touch, 3 things I can smell and 3 things I can see, and I say to myself, "Quiet Are you in the real world? Is it necessary to fantasize? I can control it. And thank God I'm controlling it. God bless you.

12. LordPBA

LordPBA Fapstronaut

That's good

13. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

It's true, I first saw it in the series Better Call Saul, where his brother uses it to get better. I couldn't believe the simplicity of it and I started doing it when I was stressed. It really works well.

Mark85 likes this.