1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Longest streak ever, half way there, feeling great :-)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by napionder, Oct 4, 2014.

1. napionder

napionder Fapstronaut

:cool: Longest streak ever, feeling great! 46 days report!

I've been trying nofap for about a year. I had dozens of relapses but always started again after about a week of pmo binging. The longest streak before this one was exactly 6 weeks (january of this year). I 'rewarded' myself for getting to 6 weeks, but of course you can't just have 1 O and stop again :). I also hadn't read that much about nofap and didn't really know the rules. I still watched P and masturbated, but did not O for 6 weeks. I know now that doesn't really count. But i was proud of my accomplishment back then.

I'm now in my 7th week and it's going pretty well. I'm single, so I'm doing hard mode and this time I'm sticking to the rules. No P, No M, No edging, no stimulation of any kind, physical or visual. I started reading up on what nofap is all about and what pmo does to my brain. I was shocked to see what it actually does. I also understand now what goes on in my brain during these first 90 days and this has helped me stay motivated. You're not just not pmo'ing for 90 days. Your brain is actually cleaning up the mess and reprogramming itself.

The biggest motivation for me is that I want to find a girl and have a healthy sexual relation with her. In my last relation I noticed I often had a problem with orgasming during sex. I almost always had to fantasize to really enjoy sex instead of being in the moment and focusing on my girl. I don't want that anymore. I'm single now so there is no better moment to get started. I'm fully aware that these first 90 days are just the first step to full recovery, so I might as well get them over with before I meet someone.

Today is my 47th day of no pmo. The first two weeks were hell. My urges went trough the roof and I felt like a predator whenever I stepped outside. I live next to a university so there are hundreds of beautiful girls walking around in my close neighbourhood. It was pure hell. But then I flatlined and have been ever since. I hope I flatline for the rest of these 90 days. It makes it so much easier. I'm much calmer and beautiful women do nothing with me. No bad thoughts or feelings.
    After the first three weeks I noticed I was a lot more comfortable in my skin. It was easier to talk to people. I was less nervous and more confident. I also had more energy. So I have been feeling pretty good. The past few days have been harder because suddenly my emotions started going crazy. I have a lot of mood swings and can feel happy one moment, angry the next one and depressed 10 minutes later. But I know this is a result of my brain being reprogrammed, so I look at it as a sign of being on the right path.

I actually feel very confident I'm going to make it this time. I know there is still a lot of work to be done, but I've found a purpose. I'm 32 and my 20's weren't that great. Not just because of pmo, I had lots of different struggles, but pmo definitely played a part in it. So my purpose is to become the best 'me' I can be and to find a girl with whom I can have a healthy, meaningful relationship. That's what keeps me going.

These first 90 days are just the first step. The end goal for me is no pm for ever and only O during sex in a relationship. No more bs, no more excuses, time to be a warrior and take care of myself and create a good life for myself!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Dream Syllabus likes this.
  2. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

Good job, Napionder! I'm a few days behind you and hope it remains so :)

3. napionder

napionder Fapstronaut

Thanks Vision! Keep it up, we'll get there!

4. joshd

joshd Fapstronaut

great positive, motivating post bro. keep it up

5. napionder

napionder Fapstronaut

You're welcome joshd! See you at the finish line!

6. VanillaMochi

VanillaMochi Fapstronaut

7. fapadonna

fapadonna Fapstronaut

Keep up the good work!

8. ADC

ADC Fapstronaut

Congratulations bro, keep it going, don't look back ! ;)

9. Cojax

Cojax Fapstronaut

I can relate to your story! My 20's wasnt that good either and in my past relationship I had to use fantasy. My aim is also to become the best me and to eventually have a healthy relationship. Good job with your streak!

10. martinh

martinh Fapstronaut

Well done, Napionder! Keep on the good way!
    I'm also in this fight and with the desire to be a better me.

11. bmw4real

bmw4real Fapstronaut

yeah man..lets do this. Also, thanks for sharing your journey, its really motivating.

12. sunnykmr123

sunnykmr123 Fapstronaut

is really motivating.. Good job with your streak!

13. napionder

napionder Fapstronaut

Thanks everyone. Will do another update when I hit 60 days.

14. scotth4613

scotth4613 Fapstronaut

Heck yea man! This is an awesome read, I feel you about the "predator" bit lol. Good work sir!

15. Congratulations bro, you're making the difference!.

16. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Brilliant thread! :)

17. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

Awesome to hear dude and hope you're still going strong!

18. maddy15

maddy15 Fapstronaut

Mr.Napionder,

Could you pls tell me how did u add these update links below your signature.. ?? "45 day update
    60 day update
    Things I have come to realize during Nofap"
    thanks in advance..

19. maddy15

maddy15 Fapstronaut

Mr.Napionder,

Could you pls tell me how did u add these update links below your signature.. ?? "45 day update
    60 day update
    Things I have come to realize during Nofap"
    thanks in advance..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014