1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

9 Days, Still Lonely AF

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by RobinCoenBrosFan, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

Off to NYC Sunday evening (this trip may decide my near future), and 9 day streak, I'm optimistic that this time I'll be able to go a full 30 days, but a majority of times when I interact with the opposite sex, quite a few women find me physically attractive at first but may or may not be put off by my slow or "off-beat" social timing once I start talking. Only thing is, I'm going to need to understand that the city is going to be lonely most of the time and I'll need to get used to feeling this way, and many people there choose to feel this way or remain single (already been there multiple times so I what to expect). It's not being single that bothers me, but the difficulty maintaining hope that I'll be able to date like a normal human being again soon, maybe not now, but ever, in my whole life span (being out of college has adversely affected this; it's much harder after college), but if I'm just too weird and need to learn "flirting skills" from a book or something like that, then so be it (at least I'm able to approach, usually, but it rarely gets to the "can I have your number" point).
    Optimismoptimismoptimismoptimism and fingers crossed, that's all I'm thinking and need to continue thinking at this point.

If I am lucky enough to get this job there, I will take advantage of as many activities as possible that the city has to offer, so I don't consider my 20s wasted later on (I don't think they've ENTIRELY been wasted, but I spent age 25 going through a "quarter-life crisis" and being in a constantly depressed state, not allowing myself to branch out as much as I should have).

Please forgive my long-windedness, it's the author in me.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    watertrine and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Don't say that it sounds pretentious. other than that you'll be fine.

3. RobinCoenBrosFan

Well I am writing a short film and looking to find someone to help me produce it, that's why I said that, and consider myself a writer. Didn't really mean to come off that way tho (as a braggart or anything like that), my apologies if I did.

Love your profile pic btw.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Meh it doesn't bother me but it might others. Take it easy dude. I know that you will.

RobinCoenBrosFan likes this.
  5. Neilshi

Neilshi Fapstronaut

What do you mean produce it? Like come up with a story line or film? Let me know I would love to help in some way

6. RobinCoenBrosFan

At this point, my guess is that as of the completion of the script, I would purchase the right equipment, pinpoint the filming locations for each scene, and then post casting calls for actors in whatever area I plan to shoot it in (a majority of the shoot would either take place in Ann Arbor, MI, New York, or Chicago.). Asking peoples’ permission to shoot in various public locations will more than likely be rough, yet absolutely worth it at the end of the day.

7. watertrine

watertrine Fapstronaut

I relate to some of those feels Ive experienced them a lot in my life and have been in and out of intense social anxiety and depression. I feel like youre probably not as weird and unlikable as you paint yourself to be and i know thats like annoying to hear sometimes, but just based off what Im reading I just feel inclined to say youre probably overthinking and overanalyzing which is a habit I find myself in quite a bit too and it comes with introversion and not conforming to certain norms, which to me makes you way more interesting. I think youre doing great just the fact that youre here and being honest with yourself, that in itself is something to celebrate. Keep woking on yourself and being compassionate along the way. Reach out if you feel like it too.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. rikityrik

rikityrik Fapstronaut