1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking my way to NoFab

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by robby92029, Oct 5, 2014.

1. robby92029

robby92029 Fapstronaut

I have undertaken the NoFab train.. but have started/continued smoking.. in a controlled manner.

I have a well tested control mechanism where I only smoke when my wife is away for a length of time(usually weeks, [happens one or twice a year]) ...she doesnt know about it.I have never smoked/will smoke when she is with me.I have been doing this for a good 5 years now and am not an smoking addict.

She is now away for a month and I am taking baby steps on my NoFab journey.

Is it ok to lean on smoking to stay focused, temporarily.

Would like to know what experienced Fabstronats think of it.

Thanks for your time and feedback.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. TERRATrain

TERRATrain Fapstronaut

You are trading one addiction for another. It should be your goal to stop with both, but don't stop both at the same time. You will relapse!

Take care!

3. Thackeray

Thackeray Fapstronaut

Whilst smoking is never good, at least you can control it to a degree. I don't know what to think to you saying you're not a smoking addict. Smoking's a bit of a conundrum, really. Anybody who takes in nicotine has problem as it's the most addictive substance out there, I think.
    Well done on your control though. Whilst quitting for good is probably for the best, I don't think few cigs a day will hurt much. This all being said, I've actually found doing nofap has helped me quit using tobacco. Nowadays I vape e-cigs. Still, I must concede, I am a nicotine addict though.

Give Allen Carr's easyway book a read, it blows apart the myths we tell ourselves that keep us smoking.

Best of luck on your journey here, mate.

4. beauty

beauty Fapstronaut

Like mentioned above, it seems to be like you are filling your PMO addiction with smoking. Not a good idea for a number of obvious reasons... Not to mention that smoking cigarettes are absolutely awful for your overall health.

PMO causes cognitive damage to the brain, but because of neuroplasticity, you can reverse the damage, and heal with time. Smoking cigarettes causes immediate, nonreversible damage to your lungs, and overall wellbeing. Try and keep away from them if at all possible. That's like picking the lesser two evils... If it is at all possible, try and stop both.

5. robby92029

robby92029 Fapstronaut

Thanks beauty.. I opened the used filter bud and found the truth.
    Thanks Thackeray & TERRATrain , i am sticking to one a day on weekdays ..3 on weekends for now.