1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nail Biting and PMO

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by thejoyprovider, Oct 5, 2014.

1. thejoyprovider

thejoyprovider Fapstronaut

I am an excessive nail bitter since almost ever. I actually have no memories of healthy fingers. I am 26 and I noticed that since my first no PMOs it actually got easier to stop it.

I am posting this issue here as well as a way to help me stop by keeping a journal and making public my progress so far.

So everytime I eat them I will be posting to see any patterns in there and of course stop it.

Any guyss witnessed any help and relation beetween PMO and nail biting?

2. Hostage

Hostage Fapstronaut

No but I do see a relationship with my binge eating disorder. The PMO really has been a way of hiding my other issues. Sorting out being eating really isn't easy but it seems suddenly possible.

3. thejoyprovider

thejoyprovider Fapstronaut

Exactly my ftiend. As you said it with no PMO many things start becoming suddenly possible. It is amazing how connected with everythign this issue actually is.

Good luck with your binge eating disorder. Today I am at day zero of my nail eating habit.

4. Man On Fire

Man On Fire Fapstronaut

I used to have chronic nail biting. When I was done with the nails I would eat the hard skin around the fingers and at the base of the fingers on the palm. I gave that up successfully several years ago by using that bitter stuff you paint your nails with to stop the biting.

Some time of late, when I was still PMO'ing, the biting came back - I've never considered a correlation before but then I spent my teens, twenties and early thirties failing to properly notice (or at least accept) the correlation between my decreasing sexual ability and my increasing PMO'ing.

I will definitely keep an eye on it.