1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PMO, or PM?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by PaleAle76, Jan 16, 2018.

1. PaleAle76

PaleAle76 Fapstronaut

Question for the community... I am in a committed relationship, and my partner and I have sex about 3 Times a week... this was in addition to my PMOing 3 Times a week. I am definitely cutting out the PM... but should I do a hard reboot? I am still very much sexually attracted to my partner...

2. anewhope

anewhope Fapstronaut

I would suggest a hard reboot for two weeks, followed by cutting back on your O's to no more than once a week until the reboot has had the desired effect. Obviously, you can still make love to your partner during this time, just cut down on your own Os when you do.

ANH

PaleAle76 likes this.
  3. PaleAle76

PaleAle76 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice... our wedding is in 6 weeks. I think both of us feel that may be the perfect amount of time... plus it would obviously have special significance at that point.

anewhope likes this.
  4. 2+2is4

2+2is4 Fapstronaut

I was feeling very bad and like relapsing after having an O with my gf. I don't know why but after the sex I was depressed af, it's felt like I destroyed everything I've built up before. But my biggest streak were only 6 days, so it's maybe not representative. But I read it already by other users as well.

So I would highly recommend to wait until your wedding. There is a lot of time for a nice reboot and the moment will be very special for both of you and unique.

PaleAle76 likes this.
  5. PaleAle76

PaleAle76 Fapstronaut

Yes, that definitely the direction we are leaning towards. My first therapist session is tomorrow... I’m curious as to what he says about it.

6. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Def a hard reboot ! I see the positives to waiting , but do not put pressure or expectations on yourselves your wedding night , our first night back at it went way different than we expected. He was worried about what my emotional state was going to be after , so DURING , it affected IT . You only want great memories for that day . Maybe the week before , just once and see how it goes , it’ll take the pressure off her and you . Communication is huge regarding the first time back ! Just my 2 cents !!