1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SUCCESS. It’s been a wild 7 months.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by struggletovictory, Jan 3, 2018.

1. TQ89

TQ89 Fapstronaut

How do you avoid edging? I can go maximum 15 days and then i give in to the chaser effect

2. struggletovictory

struggletovictory Fapstronaut

Excellent! Slowly but surely. That’s the one big weakness of nofap...it takes too long!!! But this is where the boys are separated from the men. You want the benefits? Gotta wait. Stay strong man, it works.

3. struggletovictory

This means it’s working. Any horniness you have, your body tries to rationalize your edging/fapping because it’s not used to letting it build, which is normal. It’s about letting it build and controlling urges. It’s about controlling your horniness.

4. Prashanna

Prashanna Fapstronaut

Congrats @struggletovictory ... I'm suffering from what you suffered too. Excellent hard ons before 2 years, then not much anymore. I never paid much attention to it and brushed it off. Only 6 months ago, when I had sex (or tried to) for the first time, I realized I had an ED problem. It is sad because I love the girl. I started noFap last month and considering I've been masturbating atleast once a day for the last 12 years, I'm guessing it'd take me at least 90 days for a full recovery. It is hard. I'm also in depression because of this ed, and the girl I love isn't talking to me anymore. I know she'd be back though, in time. She temporarily left me for other reasons, not the sex. I can't help thinking about her most of the time, and sometimes fantasizing about her. But I haven't pmo-ed for 38 days or so so far. If and when she comes back to me, I need to be ready for her.. I can't but stop thinking about my dick a lot these days though. I know I shouldn't, but it's something I couldn't shake off. I want to be cured and be able to have solid erections like I did 2 years ago. I kept searching for Success Stories, but none of them actually spoke about proper success stories, so I was a little skeptical if noFap even worked. Considering I did have a good morning wood just 2 days ago, it gave me some motive to keep pushing forward, but still can't stop being skeptical. Your story is giving me hope. Thanks for sharing. All the best for you and your gf.

5. struggletovictory

It’s like I’m looking in a mirror man. That’s exactly my story. I feel you 100%. But look - do not for ONE SECOND think that your girl isn’t talking to you because of the lack of sex. Or think hmmm if only I was having regular sex with her, where would we be as a couple??? This is DESTRUCTIVE thinking, and will only make you feel worse. And it’s also dead wrong. The fact is you’re doing great. I was thinking about my dick 100% of the time for about 3-4 months. Not good. Made me feel worse. We have this stupid mindset that every couple we see is having 10 hrs of sex every day. It’s so asinine. How did we get here? I mean really? We have refractory periods because our bodies aren’t meant for mind blowing sex every second. Once I understood this I got better mentally. And guess what, feeling better mentally can make you perform better too.

Don’t be stressed. If your girl is stressing you out with this, then she’s not the one for you. You need to go at your own pace. Your body needs to heal, and it’s healing. Best of luck man. It’s tough, but you’ll get through it. Just like I did.

6. determined1223

determined1223 Fapstronaut

And your story is giving me hope as well. I am in the same situation. Lost the girl i love because i did not dare to have sex with her because i knew i could not deliver because of my ED. I know she loves me and will be back. I will not share my whole story here since this is not the proper please if you are interested you can read it here: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...-and-hope-to-support-you-guys-as-well.151747/. We will conquer this together brothers, i am sure.

Prashanna likes this.
  7. Coffee69

Coffee69 Fapstronaut

I try to avoid the p-sub material as much as I can. We can really avoid the p-sub 100% these days but try to ignore it.

And when I decided to start the NOFAP I really determined to overcome this destructive habit.

I won't avoid sex, but at this time considered it as I am still in recovery period. Just relax a little bit.

8. Prashanna

Prashanna Fapstronaut

Thanks for the encouraging words brother. As for my girl, I know she didn't leave me for the sex. I'm positive about that. Because despite my limp dick, she did have orgasms, and she liked the intimacy she had with me, I can tell because she's quite innocent and is unable to fake her emotions. But there are other problems that caused us to fight, but we've had a couple of this before. I know she'll be back. And I wanna be ready for her when she does.

As for me worrying about my dick from time to time, it's because I've read some people on this very forum say they went noFap for 90 days and they weren't able to get it up at all, and lost the libido they had before. So now n then I start fantasizing, well it doesn't start intentionally, but when it does, I let it happen for a few minutes so I can see everything down there works fine lol.

9. Prashanna

Prashanna Fapstronaut

Hey, if you're really into her and she's into you, why don't you tell her about noFap and your problems? I've fapped for 12 years straight, almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, and I started getting weak erections for the last 2 years. But I've bit my teeth, and put off all urges I've had for nearly 40 days, for my girl. Well I didn't have terrible urges everyday, but I did around the 1 week period and later much stronger urges on days 28,29,30. I started even thinking massage with a happy ending, but I knew it was just my mind playing tricks on me to somehow release, and I knew my girl would be back someday and getting a massage would technically be cheating. But ever since then, things have gotten easier again, just like the days prior, but I do have some moderate urges now and then, but now I've reached a point where I'm in control of the urges. I had some bad urges yesterday, but I wasn't even thinking massages or even wanted to P or M, because I knew what needed to be done. Basically my will power is way stronger now than it was last month. And I think I'm showing slow progress like the StruggletoVictory said. My dick size seems to have grown when it's flaccid too, which seems like one good sign, and also slightly stronger erections but still a long way to go to get back what I once had. I was watching House MD (tv show about medical stuff if you haven't heard), and one episode said "shriveled testes = low testosterone". And I used to have it a lot before I started noFap, and I'm not having that anymore, unless I pour cold water on it when I'm bathing. So I think even 1 month is solid enough to show SOME signs of progress, but far from total recovery.

I think you should tell your girl about your problems, and tell her you're going to start making sacrifices for her. I don't know if O-ing with a girl would hinder recovery, but some say it wouldn't or has less impact. Whatever the case, you could just use your fingers / tongue for that matter. Don't let her go if you have the power. In my case, I didn't have the power, she was the one who left me, but I know she'll be back.. So I urge you to go find her again.

struggletovictory likes this.
  10. TQ89

TQ89 Fapstronaut

I avoid the p sub easily. But i have a strong urge to MO which i have trouble beating at that stage (15 days or more).

11. struggletovictory

Np boss! I see. You gotta have in your mind that everything is ok with your dick. That you will become better. Otherwise the chances of you relapsing or edging constantly will go way up (gotta check gotta check gotta check! Maybe I have permanent ED, let me just check this once then I’ll definitely stop afterward!). Then you get yourself in this nofap-relapse-nofap-relapse cycle. Things are ok. This is our bodies saying slow down there, buddy. That’s all it is. As for those guys that haven’t recovered in 90 days, I dunno the specifics. Did they relapse? Edge all the time? Even if they did the 90 days correctly, maybe they just need more time. I’ve been masturbating for 15 years...this was a slow process. The fact that nofap has much much faster results vs how we got here (months, not years) is pretty remarkable.

Hubris86 likes this.
  12. Prashanna

Prashanna Fapstronaut

You're right, but can't really shake off why I'm doing the noFap in the first place. So far I'm sensing good progress even if slow so I'm just going to keep it up. I don't START fantasizing consciously, I just let it happen whenever it does, for a few minutes until I'm feeling un horny again. And by 'it' I mean let my brain wander away to fantasy land. And sometimes it's not about sex even. It's just about the intimacy with the touching and kissing and holding hands. I guess this itself is a much bigger improvement for me as I used to sometimes force myself to masturbate before whenever I felt bored. As I'm noticing improvements I guess no harm's done being done so far so yeah , I guess it's just working, albeit slowly. I won't be relapsing for a long time that's for sure. Because I've fought off crazy urges, and it was really really hard. As for the other people who went 90 days, yeah I read 2 such threads where they didn't get cured after 90 days and started panicking when they couldn't even get it up to the extent they did before noFap. I don't know details, and very possibly they needed more time while they were just flatlining, but it's still cause for concern. I am not obsessing over my dick, but I do check its growth whenever its active.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  13. determined1223

determined1223 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother, and you are right. I will tell her about it. But first i need some time for my own to battle this and make progress. I did 30 days streaks before and saw much improvement in those days.

I believe that if it is real love i can let it go temporarily and then it will come back to me. Sure it will be a hard month. But i want to do this without her and then tell her afterwards that she was the reason i started trying again.

14. DE.HK

DE.HK Fapstronaut

Wow bro, this is absolutely inspiring. I am now suffering from PMO and every time I had sex with someone, the urge hit me hard. I am happy that you figured out a way to quit PMO and I wish you nothing but the best for you and your gf and everything. Keep up the good work!

15. struggletovictory

Yup. Slowly but surely. You’re gonna be fighting off more and more urges. And that’s ok. Once you start getting used to that (you already are), then things will be even better. You’ll be at the point where you don’t even have to wonder if you’ll perform well...you’ll just know that you will. Maybe I’m too optimistic, but I believe that the sensation that was had as a teenager can come back. Maybe not 100%, but like 90%. The caveat is you can’t masturbate.For me it’s about the romantic physical intimacy. But I guess everyone is turned on in their own way. NoFap is good because I know that constantly masturbating DOESN’T work. You’re doing well tho. If only 90 days can be instant, but such is life.

Prashanna likes this.
  16. struggletovictory

Thanks man! Def one of the hardest things I’ve dealt with in my life. As the saying goes - too much of a good thing is bad. I feel like deep down, everyone who’s been masturbating multiple times daily for over a decade (like me) was like there’s gotta be a weakness! I’m having too much fun! Well...this is it. This is the weakness that arrived when we thought it never would. I’m a physician. The American Urological Association is only now starting to realize this. This is a new finding, happening right before our eyes. Medicine will catch up to the times. But in the meantime, we must do our part. No PMO.

17. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

diet and blood fine. I really think it's something neurological.

18. cptlord

cptlord Fapstronaut

Great to hear your story!! Motivation to the FULLEST! I am grabbing my gym bag, and fighting the craving away. I have done many drugs during my teens years, and I have never fallen addictive to anything, but masturbation. I can relate to your story. I had a bad experience, a few months ago. I went 7-9 days without masturbation (twice) and then bam. I went rock bottom.. ugh! Let me ask you this since you have a MD. Does the process also involve not touching your penis at all while laying in bed before sleep?

19. Prashanna

Prashanna Fapstronaut

Alright, you know what's best for you. Just let her know as soon as you can and feel like. All the best..

determined1223 likes this.
  20. struggletovictory

Exactly. My blood work was fine too. The most important sex object isn’t your dick...it’s your brain. PIED is 100% neurological.