1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurt

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jan 15, 2018.

1. There's more about masculinity than marriage and sex @IGY. And single people have more time and space for let's say activism!

letter likes this.
  2. The Watcher

The Watcher Fapstronaut

the problem is not feeling loneliness the problem is the desire, the desire is insistence and it is growing everyday you can't suppress it and in the same time it is not easy to express it, I realized that we are slaves to our desire maybe we can control it for awhile but it will always win it will always find a way to express itself I am afraid to say I am giving up but the pain of a suppression desire is real

3. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    That’s why we need each other brother :) When you can’t see the good in yourself, you can rely on someone else’s loving perspective. Of course, that takes trust...so I am honoured that you’d receive my words.

It’s sad in a way, isn’t it? People who you’ve never met (in person) hold you with greater love than those who are right next to you. You’d think with all our advancements, we’d finally have found the time and ability to love one another. It seems though, all that most have found is more time to love themselves. Unless we can make our humanity fit into their selfish needs, we are ignored.

Even as I am now, I still struggle with this kind of stuff too. Well, maybe not so much struggle...but even I don’t have a road into the hearts of the people around me as I would hope. There’s a few here who are becoming more and more open to me, but it’s taken years. All the way through, it’s been rejection after rejection after rejection. Hurt after hurt after hurt. So, I get why you reference the wall.

Consider something...why is it that you can be accepted here but have trouble with that in your face-to-face life? Could it be that online, we have a unique glimpse into your inner self that when given a chance to be displayed is wonderful? Could it be that offline, people just don’t see what is inside you? As you take your time, consider those questions if you’d like. They helped me. Through them I came to understand a practice I call separation. So much of the negativity, rejection & hurt that people toss my way is due to who they believe I am...but the person they believe I am is not me! So I step back and go, “lol...they are angry with someone who doesn’t even exist!” And then I go on being myself, free from the shackles of their misperception.

It still hurts, especially when it is someone you love who has mispercieved you. It is a kind of violence on our characters to believe someone to be something they are not.

Which comes back to why we’d miss you here. You’ve done so much to reach out and help people along their journey to freedom. That is the mark of a kind soul, a warmth that would be lacking if you were gone. The offline world may not see it, but it is still truly there inside you. If anything, it is a shame for them to miss out on that part of you!!

I hope your time in quiet will bring you the solace you need to recover yourself. You, as much as anyone else, deserve to be treated with love and respect. It’s a human need. When we don’t get that, and get hurt instead...we suffer, both in our souls and in our bodies. No one should have to suffer like that, but it happens. Unfair as that may seem, I hope you can find your answer to rise above these things that hurt you.

Godspeed, brother, keep going :)

Katrina Rose and FollowYourBeard like this.
  4. I thank you @OutsideTime for your empathy and support. I know you are sincere because of the relentless rejections and the resulting hurt you have felt deep inside. We are brothers because we have that common experience. That is so sad! :(
    It seems to me that if those who have greater love for me were to meet me in person, their love would be diminished. :( That is not a negative comment about you, just wisdom born from experience. That is why I shy away from face-to-face friendships because they all leave you in the end. :(