1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spreading the message?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tomtom, Oct 7, 2014.

1. tomtom

tomtom Fapstronaut

Hi all,

I used to spend way too much time in a chat room and I wasn't the only one... I saw the same people spending hours and hours there, every night, just like me.

I'm hoping to get back to the chat room and get someone else to stop wasting their life. At this phase of my recovery that would be way too risky and it will have to wait, until at least next year I think. Also, I'm hoping to find a way to do that without spamming or getting thrown out from the chat room.

Do you have experience with something similar?

2. Hostage

Hostage Fapstronaut

Yes there was a chatroom but frankly I could talk about many many kinds of overstimulation: Candy Crush Saga, Mindless Browsing, Facebook, Eating Sugar Rich Food, Staying up late..

I'm quite looking forward to seeing my psychotherapist about it tomorrow morning. I've had a bit of a relapse since I lost my job about a month and a half ago. I've been quite good at limiting my internet in the past; I even bought a digital timer which I could program to cut out power to my router at certain times during the day.

I don't know if that answers your question but it was helpful for me to put my inner thoughts into words. :)

H