1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BuddyLee, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Fapstronaut

It had to happen at the worse time... Given the situation, I was not surprised that it was going to happen but as a military member, I am affected in terms of pay. All I can do is control what I can control. What are your thoughts on the shutdown?

2. So much for the incredible deal maker Trump always toted himself to be... What happens to your pay now, are you not going to get paid at all or are they docking it? I wonder what else is going to be affected.

Kenzi and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Sorry that you're going through this... As you said the situation is bad and out of your control. I've just recently discovered how bad it actually is. I don't think here in the UK we've ever had a government shutdown.

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I lived in America during the last shutdown in 2013, so I'm semi-familiar with the process.

Unpopular opinion, but nonetheless, I'm one to support order over the chaos that illegal immigration brings.

Your politicians love and represent illegal aliens more than they love and represent American citizens/American children, and they proved it by shutting down the government. Both sides, too. What a shame, isn't it?

Hopefully, Trump won't become a MerkelMan and fall for the scam that illegal immigration is. If people want citizenship to a country, do it fair and square, but illegally entering shouldn't be encouraged. It's unfair to legal immigrants, and it's unfair to American citizens.

But, then again, I'm not an American, so what do I know. :rolleyes:

I do feel for those caught in the politics of this and are unsure of the future, though. Hopefully all turns out well and the gov't's back open.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  5. Lt.dan

Lt.dan Fapstronaut

I better just post this and nothing else.

6. Lol. Only a matter of time before Trump/Republicans get blamed for this. I can't say I'm surprised after what we all saw a year ago on this day

7. Thats bc the U.K. is perfect.. oh wait

8. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

9. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Kate Steinle had dreams too!!! #BUILDTHATWALL

Build that Kate Steinle Wall!!!!

10. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

11. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

@Surfing Poet I'd suggest not sharing memes about how our government works, considering that you don't live here.

Republicans don't "control" congress. Anyone who says they do has no idea what they're talking about.

And it wouldn't be "for the first time in history", either. The US government has shut down eight times since 1980.

12. That's not the point of the meme.

13. But it is.

Why would Virgil van Dijk live?
    why does the whole world speak English?
    IF YOU'RE RIGHT THEN WHY IS HE TOO BIG FOR HIS BOOTS?
    NOT HIM BUT HIM
    you may not understand this but the Queen is our mother
    And jesus is our father because England is green and pleasant
    so then? what now? GRASS! DIVING ON GREEN GRASS!
    We drink tea in the morning and the afternoon and the evening and at night
    But @wethebest what about you?
    What do you say when you see the irish in Boston?
    what are the words you say when they say, "fuck off we're IRISH"?
    DO YOU TALK ABOUT STUFF? Cnoc na Teamhrach? Teamhair or Teamhair na Rí?
    if George Washington and ******* ******* :emoji_arrow_left: I KNOW SUCH WORDS OFFEND SO LET'S MOVE ON
    But do talk, say something cool mate
    Your views please share?
    Or maybe no?
    is it time for some then sleep?
    No?
    then read on :emoji_slight_smile:
    :emoji_zipper_mouth::emoji_zipper_mouth::emoji_zipper_mouth::emoji_robot::emoji_robot::emoji_flag_gb::emoji_flag_us:
    But nothing to read, just emojis
    SORRY

just listen to music
    LISTEN TO LECRAE

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. This LIE is so common and so easily refuted.
    A party does NOT control the senate until they have 60 seats. Any Senator can "filibuster" almost any bill, preventing it from being voted on and it takes 60 votes to overcome that. The Republicans have 52 seats, and one of them is out sick.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  15. Yep... The main point isn't that, it's the quotes.

Not that it matters for once was a man named Harold Camping.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2018
  16. Absolutely this!

MLMVSS likes this.
  17. We have one single uniting factor that automatically makes the UK the best, our ultimate weapon if you will...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MLMVSS likes this.
  18. :emoji_laughing: I tried to not conform to this practise in my teens and early 20's but it was all in vain. Now I drink it way too much :emoji_laughing:

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  19. I bloody love a good cup of tea, nothing beats that after a hard day of work or when you're just relaxing. :D

MLMVSS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.