1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Burn that fungus alive!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JohnnyNoFap, Oct 6, 2014.

1. JohnnyNoFap

JohnnyNoFap Fapstronaut

Hi all,

Me again, starting another subject about my view on PMO. Let's get some honest Biblical knowledge out. Pls, don't be bothered by it, cuz this stuff is worth the try.

Let's say we have problems with PMO and want to quit. Let's say there are people, unfortunately, who don't like the idea of what we do. Friends, family, maybe partners... I myself have had many tries on stopping, especially when some girl came around and wanted to move on with me. First thought: "Hide it! Hide the shame and the pain, don't ever let them get to see it nor touch it. It has never happened, even if it has, they don't have to know about it!" Pause. We can't hide it, no matter how hard we try. Now, as a Christian I recieved a lot of knowledge on how to deal with this world. Even if you don't agree with me on this, pls lend me your ear. PMO has become our life, maybe even addiction on wich we rely no matter what. It's all cool and stuff untill we try to get out, understandable. The thing is that this has become a dark spot in our lives, a fungus that grows. It all starts with a picture and maybe some M and O later. But as we go deeper we find S-core P and the pictures are not enough. If it doesn't stop, and I know some stories, we will fall into H-core P untill we go even deeper and are completely lost. Thank God, I've never been to that stage. Cheating every weekend, picking up hookers, who knows what comes after and our fungus keeps on growing. We still want to hide, right? Even though deep down we know that we just can't. Not anymore. We feel sick and tired, frustrated because we spend so much energy asking the fungus to pls leave us. Spoiler: it doesn't on it's own. We have to kick it out.

Now, fungus is commonly found in deep, dark, wet places. It can't stand sunlight, because it will burn away due the light and dehydration. I'm not making this up, all scripture, right there! So, what can we do? Drag it, our fungus, into the light. And this is the hardest part. We have to except that we can't do it on our own. For example, I told my girlfriend(s) what challenge I was facing, day after day. Week after week. That I wanted to quit. My bro's, back in church, they know about it, and I know about them. No, I'm not pure nor am I clean or free, yet I know the relieve it brings to just being able to talk about with someone. Someone who knows the struggle, a friend or partner. And above all, don't wait. If your addicted today, you got to tell him/her, yesterday. If they love you, they'll help you. It's the hardest thing to do, and, yes, very painfull. But we ain't gonna win on our own. Really great to have a forum and all, but we need that community in order to break with the habits. My advice: show that ***** some daylight; Talk!

-JohhnyNoFap-

2. Man On Fire

Man On Fire Fapstronaut

I agree. My ex-gf (of about 9 years now) was the first person who got me to open up and discuss my problems - my only regret in life is not sticking with her (as she stuck with me) but I wasn't fully aware of the extent of my situation until the TED talk on the subject and the subsequent joining of this site.

What she did instill in me is totally honesty and, although it's quite difficult to talk to other people about a lot of this stuff, the ability to see past the perceived humiliation and shame. It always pays off - me and my closest friend have become even closer - he ended up admitting that he has similar problems and has joined me in the NoFap challenge.

Lots of people that I've discussed it with can't seem to comprehend how I could willingly not masturbate but creating a dialogue is better than not creating one.

3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Hey Buddy JohnnyNoFap Thanks for this Post. I can relate to what you've said. I liked the Analogy of Fungus. I strongly Agree with you, its a Fungus and we're much better off without it. Plus, disclosing it to people close to Us will Help a Lot. But Unfortunately, there's not a Soul I can share it in the real world, anyways its Ok! I brought this on Myself, This Battle is My Own. Godspeed to all of us!