1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do when you feel the temptation to PMO?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Some people say they get distracted, other prefer to ignore them. But what about you? What do you recommend?

2. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

First of all, avoid any material that would tempt you. Social media pages displaying sexual images, Tv shows with sex scenes, etc. If it still comes up, walk away and go do something unrelated. Clean your room, work out, call a friend, go on a walk, cook something, whatever you have to do.

3. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I recommend having a plan and doing other things to support your reboot in the first place, honestly I don't want to give ideas for the time of temptation if people completely ignore having a plan because it's backwards as far as I'm concerned. One of the things I do is this sleep streak, going to bed at a specific time every day and planning around 8 hours, actually a little more so I can give my body and brain the rest it needs if I need that time. (sometimes it's shorter)

IF I have any significant amount of temptation with all the stuff I do (which hasn't happened in 39 days) my first go to would probably be to consume something. Mind you I normally eat three square meals a day at set times, but if I sense that urge coming on strong I'd want a quick chemical change then either food or say even a drink may do it. In my case there is basically zero risk of alcohol being a problem, I easily go a year or two between drinks. I don't like it, it DOES change my state of mind though so in an emergency it could be a good tool to knock myself out of that gear. Maybe I'll keep like one bottle of beer in the fridge just in case, and have it when I hit a year without needing it.

pezzer likes this.
  4. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

cold showers. They are brutally efficient.

5. Amazing Athest

Amazing Athest Fapstronaut

i go to youtube and watching scay vids and that works for me the youtube channle called chills
    check it out when you had time hope it works

Supermarron likes this.
  6. MatthewGrün

MatthewGrün Fapstronaut

I confront it for what it is; temptation. You hit the nail right on the head. What any temptation is a lie either from evil spirit, your body, or both. I’m really pleased to see someone else on here recognizing this as temptation and not triggers. There’s more than to this than just body and mind; there is heart and spirit as well.

If you need help in defeating temptation, the Holy Spirit will help you overcome it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. i remind myself why i began this journey,
    then i tell myself “i am not gonna do pmo”

if the urge is stronger ill go for walk

MatthewGrün likes this.
  8. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

nothing.

simple.

it comes and goes, like everything, so just watch it go.

Amazing Athest likes this.