1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody here believe that the Earth is flat?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Marcus_Demarco

Marcus_Demarco Fapstronaut

The earth isn't flat. It's mad Thicc.

2. The flat earth model addresses all of these questions. Time zones, the reason why the equator is warmer than the north and south poles, and the shorter duration of days during is all determined the position of the sun. According to the flat earth model, the sun and the moon rotate 3000 miles over the Earth in a spiral motion. The reason why the equator is hotter than the north and south poles is because the sun moves along the equator the longest throughout all four seasons.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  3. Apparently there's quite a number of basketball players that think the earth is flat. :emoji_sweat_smile:

ChristopherB likes this.
  4. BeautyForAshes

BeautyForAshes Fapstronaut

What is the basis of this theory? I'm open to all beliefs and theories, but with satellite images and NASA.

5. BeautyForAshes

Someone quoted a part of the Holy Bible about the "four corners of the Earth". But, wasn't the Bible written when the known world "knew" the Earth was flat.

6. I Free I

I Free I Guest

7. RapnRoll

RapnRoll Fapstronaut

8. BeautyForAshes

Only time will tell.

ChristopherB likes this.
  9. It's called a connection flight, bruh. They stop over because there probably isn't a large number of Johannesburg to Perth requests so they connect with another major air-hub which also has flights to Perth and vice versa. I mean really, man. Put the weed down.

LEPAGE and ChristopherB like this.
  10. It took me about a year to believe there were legit people believing it's flat. But I've seen crazier so, no surprise really.

11. RapnRoll

RapnRoll Fapstronaut

Put the weed down? I only posted a picture. I never said I believed the content of the picture.

12. Good save.

13. RapnRoll

RapnRoll Fapstronaut

Read the rest of the thread and you'll realize, I'm no flat earther. I just think it's an interesting theory.

14. So, you're just guessing? Perth is the largest city in Western Australia so you can also say that there are probably a lot of requests for that flight and therefore there's no reason fly to London. Although, that picture in no way proves that the Earth in flat, it still raise the the question "why?".

15. i think the earth is heart shaped

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. [​IMG]
    I rest my case. You would know more than anyone because you're a flight attendant right?

bunnyheartbeat likes this.
  17. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

18. exatamente c:

19. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

People have understood that the Earth is most certainly not flat since ancient times, when there wasn't so much as a dirigible to be had. 2000 years ago a guy named Eratosthenes used what was observable by anyone with working eyesight (position of the sun, shadows, the horizon, etc) to accurately calculate the circumference of the Earth. Others before him held theories for a spherical or cylindrical Earth. I'm sure that sailors and astronomers/astrologers also had suspicions concerning the shape of our little planet for a very long time.

The myth about Columbus wanting to prove that the Earth is round? Pbth. He wanted to prove that a ship could stock enough provisions make it around the world. Lucky for him there was this big 'ol landmass between him and even more ocean (which was discovered long before his existence, the info just wasn't widely shared).

Besides, if the world were flat you would be able to see the Eiffel Tower from the Statue of Liberty.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  20. Interesting. Did someone say the F word? Flat? You all can believe whatever you want to believe on this topic. I am glad to know that at least we have a common understanding about NoFap.

I am going to believe my senses over what the government and NASA tell the masses. I encourage you to use your senses to perceive the situation. Stop relying on what you have conditioned to believe.

Chicago.jpg