1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting facebook (permanent delete)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by runfastmd, Jan 11, 2018.

1. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Has anyone else done this? It's great!

I started on Saturday and have no regrets! Tired of wasting time on it seeing constant posts about vacations to Bali and Thailand, the same people reposting about how much they hate Trump, hunting for likes, virtue signaling, etc! Fuck Mark Zuckerberg- he has enough people enslaved to his multibillion dollar empire!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  2. I haven't permanently deleted facebook but I did delete all posts I've ever posted to the site and removed most every photograph but my profile picture. I still use it for messenger and the like but I agree. It's probably one of the best thing's I've EVER done for myself.

Deleted Account, u376 and runfastmd like this.
  3. I have deleted my Facebook profile before in the past only to have people question why am I not on it anymore. Then when meeting new people and have them tell me that it's odd not to have an account on that site. I barely use it because of the fact there's no need for it according to my perspective. If I wasn't there and I haven't heard stories in real life about the epic nature of it, then I don't see too much of a point to read online about it...

Deleted Account and runfastmd like this.
  4. sectumsempra

sectumsempra Fapstronaut

I have not deleted my account, but I rarely use it anymore. I have wasted enough of my time on it.

5. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

I just deleted negative people, and fuckers taking photos of their dinner plates (ffs!) :)

Deleted Account and runfastmd like this.
  6. Agreed !! Total time robber.
    A total cesspool of ignorance, intolerance, sheep hearding and fascist grooming... thats not even counting the triggers, the constant barrage of sex. Gawd Damm.

Ive started the process of deleting my page. I have one to manage another site... but Im killing off the others. I used to have five. Total waste of time.

Ive not been.on it in a month and its remarkable how much better my attitude, self esteem amd self worth has become since ive ditched FB.

7. Restore2018

Restore2018 Fapstronaut

Just started on Jan 1 and it’s revolutionizing things for me. Hated always seeking external validation and shallow social connections

8. I had a facebook page years ago that is still out there. I have switched over to another email address since then, and I assumed that the page was deleted. Apparently they never go away. Last year, I created a new page to send a pro-net-neutrality letter to the FCC (I should have given money) I didn't realize the old one was still up until my parents told me.

Anyways, I just started using facebook again recently, but I will have to be careful there. I hit a trigger just a few hours ago, and felt depressed after realizing it was a trap. At least I didn't relapse.

Deleted Account and Eleanor like this.
  9. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

I like it because it gives me access to reconnecting with people that I don’t have phone numbers for.

If it wasn’t for that, then I would delete the steam pile of shit.

10. I deleted it years ago. There really isn't any point to it. Before it came along people used to email each other and send group emails also. Facebook just added loads of unnecessary rubbish.

Of course there were other sites like MySpace and Bebo, which were annoying enough but nowhere near as bad as that Orwellian monstrosity known as Facebook.

Deleted Account, Lions and runfastmd like this.
  11. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

I never really understood the appeal of Facebook.

I opened an account when it became known because a friend told me: "There are so many women on Facebook ! You gotta get on there !".

It's been nothing but noise to be honest. Closing that account was the best thing I ever did.

I compare the image you have on Facebook to a ripped guy at the gym:

People will look at a guy with a well defined back doing Dumbell Rows and they will immediatly start doing Dumbell Rows themselves thinking THAT is the secret to a well defined back.

Yet they are completely oblivious to the fact that the guy only drinks water, has his diet and supplementation down to a T and even wakes up during the middle of the night to drink a protein shake to stay Anabolic.

What you see on Facebook is the guy doing Dumbell rows. The behind the scenes (the most important stuff) is never on there.

12. I am paying attention to when I was conditioned to go on facebook, all the triggers and stuff, It's really not worth spending time there, I ended up being even more depressed, things are getting better since I stopped using it.

13. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

It's been so great being able to read the headlines in the morning and not having to read SJWs' (both on the right and the left) virtue signaling nonsense all day. I'm much more relaxed. I seriously hope Mark Zuckerberg has a #metoo accusation (though I would of course feel bad for the accuser) because that's the only thing that can bring down powerful people these days

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

I don't use it, just for messenger and because sometimes at school teachers think it's fun to send the homework via Facebook -.- I guess that when I finish college I'll erase it forever. Since I don't use it I feel less depressed about others achieving more than me, because I can't show off my 43 PMO-free days on Facebook, so it looks like I'm doing nothing productive in my life, when I am. I call it Fakebook, everything on there is a lie, everybody showing their best face, everybody criticizing everybody and no one helps no one at all. It's completely useless. Also I hate triggers and vegan videos everywhere. I mean, let me reboot and eat meat in peace!

15. Haha. You got that right, there everybody leads the "perfect" life, trying to prove to everyone else how good their lives are. Those who escape from this trap can breathe more easily without these fake burdens. And here in NoFap, we are proud of what really matters, so congratulations on your 43 day streak! Keep going!

16. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot :D congrats to you too, almost 2 digits :) this place is far better than Facebook.

Deleted Account, Lions and runfastmd like this.
  17. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

DO not be fooled by the 14 days permanent delete wait period. I tried a few times to quit facebook, delete my account - but always ended up coming back before the 14 days had passed.

There are good tutorials on how to permanently delete your facebook account without waiting 14 days - google for them.

18. NF4L

NF4L Fapstronaut

I gave it up shortly after the last election, hoping that thevhatebspewed would stop. It just got worse, and didn’t need that kind of negative input in my life.
    I ended up replacing Facebook time with time to view more P. But then got to the point that was boring and old. Stopping social media helped me to reboot. That and my wife discovering my stash of P, which was the real catalyst. Change your routine and change your life. F*ck the bullsh*t.

19. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

That's why Zuck and his cronies implemented the 14 day wait period in the first place! I knew that once I hit the permanent delete button I was done (and a huge impetus was knowing that those POSs just want my data to make more money- f*ck them). It's been over 3 weeks and haven't looked back.

But yeah, I recommend quitting by whatever means necessary!

20. Here's a good video on NoFap and social media.