1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Living a lonely life with no friends

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Zijn Danny, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Zijn Danny

Zijn Danny New Fapstronaut

I am 21 male and I am a college student. I really want to have friends and Mingle with people. But no one is ready to take me in their circle. I am all the time alone. Once upon a time I used to get tensed when I speak with friends. Eventually, no one started liking me and no one started talking with me in class. They used to come and mock at my way and disrupt what I do. I have high ambitions, but chances of me being successful is very less because of these issues. Some times I am so depressed thinking of these that I can't even sleep even few minutes at night.

u376 likes this.
  2. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I had the same problem you do and the only way out I know of is trauma healing. Once you truly start loving and accepting yourself, others will start loving and accepting you. People can feel things. If you feel awquard inside yourself, people will pick on it and stay away from you. In contrast, if internally your heart and soul is at peace and in the state of self love.... then people would feel that love and acceptance from you and will want to become close to you. So in a nutshell, you need to learn how to self love and how to be peacefully present in the current moment with yourself. If you start enjoying your own company, others will enjoy being close to you too.

Buřt, u376, Deleted Account and 5 others like this.
  3. You need to ask yourself if you're really trying to meet people or are you holding yourself back by thinking they will judge you because you behave differently? If you got this sorted out you have to figure out where you can meet people with the same interests as you. These could be gyms, conventions, clubs, bars, events, librarys etc. I always look in the newspaper, there are usually lots of events listed. The thing you have to keep in mind is that even if you can't find friends right away, you still get experience talking with people, how to keep up conversations or transition from small talk to more deep conversations. You can even message people you knew some time ago, ask if they want to hang out and talk.

PedroCalrissian and Zijn Danny like this.
  4. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

I would join a support group on campus through the health center in dealing with social anxiety. Start there, and trust in the fact that you'll be with others who know your struggles. And most importantly, you'll be socializing!

PedroCalrissian likes this.
  5. Ragnar.Lodbrok

Ragnar.Lodbrok Fapstronaut

What are your interests? It's easier to make friends with people who share the same interests as you.

Join groups, clubs, activities dedicated to things you find interesting.

Zijn Danny likes this.
  6. kumma123

kumma123 Fapstronaut

I understand your issue I have gone through the same thing. I think meet up is a good way to meet people.

7. Zijn Danny

Zijn Danny New Fapstronaut

How do I meet up with people.? I'm in Chennai, India

u376 likes this.
  8. Arvid Vuze

Arvid Vuze Fapstronaut

I went through a similar thing in early college years. A lot of people forget that lots of other people are going through social anxiety as well. I'd recommend just approaching people, groups and start with "what's going on?". Be friendly and smile. People are a lot more accepting especially in college then one realizes. You're on your own out there, and this is just a part of life that you need to conquer. A test if you will. Talk, talk, talk to as many people and eventually you will become numb to that anxiety. This is normal, you can do it!

u376 and wra like this.
  9. been there done that. Think about your interests -> join some group that likes what you do and everything fucking changes. small changes are catalizator of huge changes

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. kumma123

kumma123 Fapstronaut

So you don't have meetup.com in India? I'm sure there would be cites that are similar wouldn't there be?

11. I feel u bro, i am going through a similar situation, however, I would agree with the previous comments, that in my opinion, I see that you need to focus on yourself; build yourself, improve your skills, and with all confidence and self love, people will start being attracted to you. I believe it will take some time, but it shall work!

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Dude, I kinda get it. You're going through a really rough period that could last and not many people know what you're going through. You being honest about it here shows how much balls you've got and you're doing a great job at remaining strong on the inside and not being dragged down by fear and worries. I am 28, unemployed, it took my eight years to finish high school, and that is the only education I got. I never had a boyfriend and my world is all about guys. I've been through some traumatic shit throughout the past few years and also created a lot of problems for myself, so it's hard to have a clear perspective on the present. Whatever gets you through the day will do a good job for now (no-PMO, though!) and when it doesn't you'll figure something else out. There are still lessons to be learned and ground to be covered, for all of us. You are not the only one in the battlefield, nor are you lost somewhere in action. Remember how brave you are, how it takes inner insight to understand the situation you're currently in and strength to cope with it when you feel as if there is very little you can do. You say that no one is ready to take you in their circle. I am still right there where you are, after all these years. I'm seven years older and haven't solved that issue myself. Stay strong, buddy. If you've got college, you've got one ground that you can cover and focus on! There is always an option, I find even if don't like any of the five options we're dealt with, one of them can be the least negative for us.

u376, kumma123 and Deleted Account like this.
  13. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

wow......this is such a nice advice.........and i have seen this in practical life also

Arvid Vuze likes this.