1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop comparing yourself to others

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Everyone has their own rhythm, patterns, schedule and worries of their own. You will do much better if you focus on yourself instead of trying to keep up with someone else who is tottaly different than you.

I used to to that myself, and am starting to realize how harmful that can be, there's only one me and everyone here is unique and should focus on their own improvement. It's right that others can be a rolemodel but don't put yourself side by side with them. Strive to be better. Don't wish you were someone else, wish you were a better self! Keep up the fight. You can do it.

2. This is a really important insight and used to give me a lot of anxiety.

There's no set life plan:
    You don't have to be married and have children by 30.
    You don't have to have your dream job by 35.
    You don't have to get it right the first time.
    We're all on our own individual journey.

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Your journey is happening exactly the way it’s supposed to.

Don't let other people rush you with their personal timelines.

There's so much shame being thrown around when it comes to age and various checklists.

Be proud of and confident with where you've been, where you are, and all the things you currently lack, but are working towards.

I've known a lot of people that rushed through life to finish the checklist expectations of society and others. They don't even know who they really are and what they really want to do.

Hitto, FormerFapaholic, 2525 and 4 others like this.
  4. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

I wish I could "like" these a million times!!!

2525 likes this.
  5. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

Inspirational post. Focusing on yourself and your life more of the time, makes you less inclined to care what others say, think and what they’re doing. You don’t need validation from others as a basis for your own happiness and wellbeing.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

I agree with you. I used to often compare myself with other people and it makes me depressed. But now I feel much more calm and happy

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  7. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

This is the most important thing NoFap had taught me and this is the first step in improving your self esteem

FormerFapaholic likes this.