1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Travel Bug

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by THEdally_llama, Jan 29, 2018.

1. THEdally_llama

THEdally_llama Fapstronaut

Hello all,

Do you or anyone you know constantly travel? I see plenty of women (and a few men) who are constantly traveling. Whether its flying to a different state on the weekend, driving to NY or some far out state on a week long road trip, or simply going somewhere else in your state if you live in a big state like Texas. It's a trend that I see a lot of young adults in their early to mid 20s doing.

I myself do not travel very often. Because of my current situation with work, finance, and life, I tend to sacrifice my weekends and stay local. When I see lots of people travel, I tend to wonder if I'm making a mistake as well, and not taking advantage of my free time and single life to get out more. I was wondering if anyone else feels this way or if any of you who know OR are frequent travelers care to shed some light on HOW you can afford, and motivate yourself to go wherever you have chosen to go.

Thanks!

2. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

I think it does not matter do not go traveling if the financial is not stable .. but not a big problem if we go traveling to a new place. so from now we must have a special savings for vacation.

3. Tony Greenshrine

Tony Greenshrine Fapstronaut

I do not think travel is all it is hyped up to be but I traveled alot as a kid so maybe I do not feel a need to do so these days to be content. Or maybe I just do not have that nomadic spirit called the travel bug?

4. TruChange

TruChange Fapstronaut

I've been on the road for the past 4 years. I run an online business and freelance, so I can work from anywhere.

Here's the conclusion I've come to after all these years:

Travel the right amount - not too little and not too much.

Do I want to work 9-5, 50 weeks per year, and enjoy a two-week vacation once per year? No
    Do I want to constantly move around, live out of a suitcase and not have a base? No.

What I want, and I think what most people want, is somewhere in the middle.