1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting?!

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Has anyone tried fasting during reboot? Has it helped you? Is coffee okay? Any information on fasting in general will be helpful!

2. Ambrose

Ambrose Fapstronaut

Yes. I have found it to be a good tool. Similar to cold showers, it can be used to practice being comfortable with discomfort and self disciplined.

Coffee? Sure. You have to decide what sort of fasting it is, I recommend an intermittent style fast.
    Be responsible and smart about it (for example - pregnant women, diabetics shouldn't fast et cetera).

3. Infensus

Infensus Fapstronaut

Fasting in moderation can be a good tool for self discipline but it's not for everyone. if it works for you, go for it! Cold showers are great for beating temptation (and very good for your skin) as it happens.

Ambrose likes this.
  4. Ambrose

Ambrose Fapstronaut

Yes Moderation.

5. Dan84

Dan84 Fapstronaut

I have been intermittent fasting as well as almost wheat/dairy free for about 2 years now. I have found that it gives me so much more energy and mental clarity. Combined with a regular gym regimen, I've also been the leanest and strongest I've ever been in my life. I was able to drop and maintain consistent low bodyfat percentage (abs are noticeable which is a good tell of low b/f, and some muscle striation). I plan to keep doing it during my reboot as I don't think it has any adverse or any effect on it

6. Thank you all for answers! I have done intermittent fasting, but I honestly have felt better on 24 hour+ fasting. I guess I just wanted to know if it would help speed up reboot or what not. Should fasting be done in general?

7. Dan84

Dan84 Fapstronaut

There has been a lot of empirical evidence and research documenting the benefits of fasting regimens. on a primal level, Our ancestors had to go very long times, sometimes days, in search of food and didn't have the luxuries of 3 or 4 meals a day starting at breakfast, it wasn't until recent history that our diets/meal structures changed

8. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

You're not thinking of using coffee instead of food for "energy" are you?

9. I used to think that way too, but now I think we are more better off than them, more access to vitamins and foods we need. They maybe didn’t meet their daily needed intake of vitamins and nutrients. BUT I think we eat too much and we need to give our body a break. With all this said, I think fasting can be good and is probably a necessity in today’s age. I feel lighter and little sharper when I fast and full and bloated and slower when I eat a lot daily, which changes when I fast.

Lol of course not!! Coffee hurts my stomach if I don’t have some food with it :/ I was more asking if coffee will break my fast

10. Dan84

Dan84 Fapstronaut

I should have specified it's extremely important to understand that if you are going to follow a fasting regimen, you need to calculate what your daily caloric need is and spread it across however many meals you plan to have at the break of your fast. Knowing your macros but also micros (vitamin intake etc) is essential. I have been doing a 16hour fast/ 8 hour feeding window with 2 or 3 meals within the window (depending on whether it's a gym or rest day) for the last 2 years now and have shed excess fat very efficiently, gained energy, mental clarity etc. Everyone has different responses of course but generally speaking, fasting has been proven to provide benefits. i highly suggest reading on the subject and if you are considering it, give Whichever method you choose a try, stick to it for a while until your body adjusts, and assess how it works for you,

11. Honestly, when I eat, I just kinda eat whatever but make sure to get my fruit and veggies, I maybe go crazy on the carbs sometimes and some junk foods. I just eye ball things for th most part but without knowing how much I really am eating or how much I need XD do you think if I measure things like macro and micro, it will help a lot?

12. Dan84

Dan84 Fapstronaut

Without measuring, you might as well not even do it because you will either overshoot or more likely undershoot your daily needs. There is a lot of info online and calculators for figureing out your total energy expenditure and daily caloric needs, and then creating meal plans based on that. To do it correctly, you need to measure. I did it religiously the first year but after that I got really good at eyeballing portions and staying within requirement. Again my approach was very rigid, there are definitely more flexible approaches based on your needs/goals. But you have to have some idea of what you are currently ingesting as far as calories/macro break down

13. Can’t just eat a small bowl of rice, meat and bunch of vegetables and fruits? :D also, do you look into vitamins and stuff? Is that important? I want killer erections again, how do I do that