1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Too late or should I give it a try?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Feb 6, 2018.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi!

I have always been a person that do not get in contact with new people too easy. I have had almost the same friend my entire life (and I am happy for that). Still it would be awesome to get to know more people and talk more to new people.

The last 2-3 years I have done some climbing as a hobby and there has been a girl that I see there very often. She seems to have a great personality, and I would really like to talk to her. I was about to give up, but now at least I have starting to look more at her when we pass by, and she is giving me big smiles everytime. Should I try get in contact with her? Or do you guys think it is to late?

Thanks! It is okey to tell me that it may be too late if you think so, I just want opinions! :)

Maybe it is stupid to ask, but it is always nice to see the views from other people in my opinion! :)

Good luck with your figths!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. JonB

JonB Fapstronaut

Could be, could not be. Questions like this are really difficult because we can't see the body language. It could be a nervous smile, awkward smile, polite smile. My advice, having come from a similar position myself is to forget just this one girl. Learn to start conversations everywhere; doctor's office, line at the supermarket, barber shop...everywhere. Learn to live and breathe talking to people. Do this and then when you see a girl you want to talk to you already know how to talk to people in general and you just work on exploring flirting.

Also people who are in this situation usually have no style and poor body language. Work on those so you ensure you don't come off as a creepy neckbeard fedora wearing type. Even if they don't necessarily like their style people are nearly always more receptive to someone well groomed and well dressed who has good body language.

You already admitted to yourself at the start where your weakness is. The next step is working on it.

Kikobraz and SorryWontSayIt like this.
  3. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I know where to work and that is atleast a step in the rigth correction. I won't stress to much about this girl, but if she starts giving me more signs, I may do something simple talking if the moment fits.

Thanks again, will start try be open towards new people and be more intrested to know then instead of judging and being "afraid"! :)

4. If you've been both doing a mutual hobby for several years together and you've yet to figure out her name, the very first step (and I believe you would be completely entitled at this point) would be to simply say.

"Hey there, my name is (insert) you know, we've been climbing here for a couple years and I realized I don't even know your name"

And leave it at that. It's been proven if you meet a significant other doing an activity you're both passionate about can provide a foundation for a very happy and rewarding relationship. The question you honestly need to be asking yourself on a daily basis after you read this is.

"Can I summon the courage to say hello to my future girlfriend or even wife?"

Stop it, just stop it. Change the entire way you think right now. You go GET happiness, ask that girl what her name is the very next time you see her. Take a leap of faith in the universe and just say Hello. You're letting it all pass you by "wondering" what would / could / should happen.

Just do it

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  5. They only way to find out is ASK HER OUT if she is interested she will say yes if not she will give you stupid excuses. I don't put much stock into body language some women are just friendly that's all . ask her out and if she says no move on good luck
    Stay strong

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  6. SorryWontSayIt

Wow! I love how you describe the passion part, and also wow! The last part you wrote. I am waiting too much, that is a huge part of my problems. I like to feel comfortable so I have not taken many chances. Time to change that!

Wow! Thanks to both of you! :) There is actually not much to worry about. Either it goes great or it is a no. A no is nothing to worry about actually because then I can move on.

What you wrote guys are really motivating!

7. Your Welcome . If you do go out remember to have fun and not take it to serious

8. Introduce yourself, just don't expect anything to happen. It's good practice for other parts of life,you may make a friend, or maybe more.

9. SorryWontSayIt

I did it! And it worked out great! Thanks to all of you! :') Fuck my problems, won't let them beat me!

Deleted Account and TC10 like this.
  10. Good for you have a great time, I am proud of you!

11. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Great! Good to hear. Keep us up to date :) Such stories make me happy.

12. Hey man I'm in sales and consulting and have seen it many times that I gotta put myself out there even if it seems like a long shot...still need to sit back sometimes and remind myself that's a good route to success

13. Could you elaborate what went down? I'm highly interested in the story :)

14. SorryWontSayIt

Damn! What happend was great, and I am still very happy. Just one problem. It looks like that we are going to meet this week (which is great), but I am feeling nauseous all the time (I am very nervouse I guess). I feel like I am going to vomit just thinking about her (not in a bad way about her, lol).

Someone with any tips, or just to man up(!)? I have my whole life been afraid of relationships etc. And I don't really know why, it is just become part of me. I guess thats a war I have to figth! Even tho, any tips for the next meeting? I am afraid everything will be akward and we won't have something to talk about and we will just be the silent.

Thanks for the support guys! :)

Will tell the story later this week hehe :) Too many thougths spinning around in my head now as you can see .

15. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Nice! Yes, it may be akward, but most first dates are akward. Just enioy it, all the best! And remember: she’s as nervous as you are.

16. I think the obvious one is going to be you both have been doing the same hobby for years and you are only both now "meeting" each other. You could start with that which can logically flow into climbing in general which I'm sure the both of you could spend hours talking about. Other than that, seriously just be yourself and

DON'T OVER THINK THIS

Also, just so I'm covering my bases and one's you're not even thinking about now, you need to develop an abundance mindset and not overly-fantasize about this girl being "The One" etc. Don't take it super serious right now just try and have fun and if you don't click you don't click.

17. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for the support guys! We talked again while doing some workout beside the climbing. We did not go together there, but we met because of random timing.

She seemed a bit more focused about the workout then wanting to talk, and I guess that is okey. So I figured out that I should not disturbe her too much, but atleast I spoke to her a bit to show some intrest. The only thing bothering me is that she seemed a lot more into me the first time, even after we talked. When she walked away after the first meeting she was like "I hope to see you soon/See you soon!, with a big smile". She was even smiling the whole time after we talked that they when i saw her.

Yesterday when I talked to her, she may be very focused while climbing and working out which I think is great! Just that I am not really sure if I will just bother her if we talk again.

So I figure out that I won't think too much about this anymore, I will just see what happens the next times I see her. Maybe we catch up a great conversation again, who knows!

Again, thanks. And will work on not thinking on her as "the one" as you said @Merovingian , even tho she got this great energy with her that I just love hehe. But I guess there are more people with the same energy! :) So let just time show and not care too much.

To tell the story from first time without going too much into details:
    I was just getting ready to do my last climb and she came up to me asking for help. I ofcours helped her out and we got into a conversation where both seemed to have fun and laughed a bit.

We talked about diffrent intrest regarding sports etc, because it looks to me that we are both very intrested in workingout and climbing. After a longer conversation she had to go and said as I wrote above "see you soon" or something in that way. And she was smiling all the way when leaving.

Yesterday when I met her, she seemed in one way happy too meet me, but I felt like she was too into her workout etc that she did not want to talk at that moment. So I did not talk too much.

I will just let time show and not care too much.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  18. I wasn't aware of the environmental settings but if you are in a gym together that's actually one of the hardest places to hit on a woman. Their defenses are already jacked to level 10. The best time to approach is after their workout is over and endorphins are pumping through her system.

She approached you. In any book that's an extremely good sign, especially in that environment.

Unless she tells you no, you're telling yourself no. Everything considered, I personally would wait until her workouts over and ask her how it went. "How was your workout today?" and just let her know you really enjoyed the conversation you'd had and wanted to know if she'd like to meet up sometime for coffee.

I promise you if you just ask this simple question without hesitation either answer is going to be the best thing for you. Because even if it's a flat no, you will KNOW.

19. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks a lot again! I am really thankful for all your tips! :)

I will try!

Only one thing I am a bit afraid of is that if I get a no from asking her out, I may have to see her everyday knowing that. On the other hand, why should just seeing her hurt me? It is not like it will get worse because of that.

Will try to get rid of "scary thougths".

Thanks again! :) Will do my best! :)