1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything & Everything Basketball

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by robz13, Feb 11, 2018.

1. robz13

robz13 Fapstronaut

This is a thread dedicated to anything having to do with basketball. Whether its the NBA, NCAA, international, or even the game itself.

So I'll start with the first discussion: what are your opinions on the new All Star Game Format? I think it's an interesting way to incentivise the players to play harder.

2. Chris3000

Chris3000 Fapstronaut

What's the new format ?

3. Chris3000

Chris3000 Fapstronaut

And tbh the all star games have been shit to me since around 2011

4. Fucking Isaiah Thomas man.. The man gets treated like dirt being traded all the time. To the cavs, to the Lakers for basically nothing. He's too nice for that.

D. Wade back in Miami, where he should have never left. The cavs are ass so far, gotta respect Lebron triple double hustle though, recently.

And Ben Simmons too, being completely undervalued. I'm honestly afraid for the NBA's future. The warriors have already fucked things up, but it seems to keep getting worse

5. robz13

robz13 Fapstronaut

Well the top vote-getters in each conference are "team captains". They now get to pick their teams with a draft. Its Team Steph vs. Team LeBron.

Yeah because there has been no effort from the players. The format change is there to attempt to change this.

6. robz13

robz13 Fapstronaut

1. IT's treatment hasn't been very good. Franchises need to learn loyalty to their players; they make moves like these, and yet wonder why KD went to Golden State. Or Hayward to Boston. HOWEVER, Thomas has been playing really bad since he returned. There's also reports of him being negative in the locker room. In LBJ's contract year, they had their hands tied to make a move.

2. Yeah Wade never should have left. The Cavs looked pretty good today against Boston, so we gotta see if it can be maintained. Personally, I think it can.

3. What do you mean by Ben Simmions being undervalued? He's the frontrunner in the ROTY race, and a core part of the 76ers future. He was never being teaded anyway. Golden State may be dominant now, but things will even out. There's so much young talent in the league already, and more coming in the next couple of years. I think we just gotta ride out these next few seasons, and the fun really starts.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. What I meant was that Ben Simmons all star snub. And idk man, I hate superteams. You're talking KD (arguebly the 2ND best player in the league right now), Steph Curry (not the biggest fan, but he's a good shooter), draymond green (I think the link that brings the GSW ahead of everybody else), and klay Thompson (3-Pt mastermind), plus a solid bench lineup.

Who's gonna stop them? Im sure there's alot of talent coming into the league. There's also alot of talent in the league already. I'm hopeful for the gsw to lose of course.

I hope the rockets or spurs fuck em up tbh. If Lebron switches to the spurs we got a real shot. When KD switched over, bc he is a ring chaser to the easiest path imaginable, guess the nba champions for this year? We saw it last year.

8. Helfiger

Helfiger Fapstronaut

I can't agree more. That sounds good

Marmontes likes this.