1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness can break a person?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by diogo431509, Jan 30, 2018.

1. diogo431509

diogo431509 Fapstronaut

I spend sometimes 3 days without talking to a living soul. On work days I talk to people but then I get home and nothing's there.

Sometimes I feel something pressing my chest, sometimes I feel desperation then feel a little better after I go for a walk.

"Make friends", "talk to people", easier said than done. The only person who opened up to me is a girl and she has feelings for me and I don't want to use her to bear my loneliness, I have no feelings for her.

What would you do in my place

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Not immediately jumping into a phony relationship is rather noble of you, you seem to be a good person at heart. With this in mind, why not volunteer for some sort of altruistic cause, like a charity or some other local cause? You would be spending time out of the house, potentially meeting new people, and doing good work on top of it.

3. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

Sign up at a gym, go lift some weights... helps kill time, makes you look hotter, releases "feel good" chemicals, and you might run into a girl you like. I kno how this goes bro... I'd also suggest hitting up forums like good looking loser, and more plates more dates, and GLL-get a life forums. Good places to be for self improvement and having more fun in life.

Deleted Account and MasterGamer like this.
  4. if you have no feelings for her try to stay away from her, a lot of people give shitty advice like make more friends, talk to people and my favorite one was "be more popular" I am shy myself at times I used to look at it as defect but what I learned was it was what made me . ME, trying to force conversations is difficult if you don't feel like talking to them . I have found in dating relationships and everthing in between people that like you really don't care if your shy, live alone , don't have the best stories or jokes being yourself as you are is what they like not someone trying to be perfect
    stay strong

diogo431509 likes this.
  5. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

"Not feeling like talking" was my go to excuse to avoid people when I had extreme social anxiety. The only thing that helped me was forcing myself to slowly interact with more and more people, also known as exposure therapy. You can be yourself, just a better more adjusted version of yourself.

Peace467 and FormerFapaholic like this.
  6. the key is to take it slowly not taken anything to personal and not overthinking it .

7. I am going through this sometimes, although I joined gym, and i have a very nice routine that consumes time. But my emotions of loneliness, depression, missing & regretting the past of decisions i chose to improve my life but they turned to be a mistake. This causes my fail in fapping since last couple months. I hope it gets better...

8. Avias

Avias Fapstronaut

I had been lonely for last 8 years so I can tell you something about it. If you won't manage your time, it will certainly make you depressed.

diogo431509 likes this.
  9. It's great to see you all talk about this openly. I always felt like I would be putting someone in the bad mood if I just uttered "I am lonely/I feel lonely".

10. NotSoAverageJoe

NotSoAverageJoe Fapstronaut

Go to AA meetings... Seriously

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Sounds like you have a good friend, be that to her

Drift likes this.
  12. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

You have many options............. The above advice is GOOD........... joining a Gym is GOOD.

If you like pets you could adopt a dog...... cat.....horse. One key is to get out of the house. So walking a dog........ volunteering....... joining a gym...........joining a hiking, motorcycle.... Start a club.... etc. will help get you more interaction.

What along those lines would work for your situation? What 'baby steps' can you take toward making one of them a reality?

Here's a GREAT VIDEO (5 minutes; 16 million hits) showing that humans need Connection:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  13. Clauss24

Clauss24 Fapstronaut

I too have social anxiety. However if you are on nofap when benefits keep coming you will notice changes. You are more capable of throwing yourself into awkward situations and learn from them. I notice people who go on high streaks say they are much more improved. It's mentality and practice

14. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

All good advice. Just talk to as many people as you can every day and you will get used to it after a while. When buying groceries, make conversation with the cashier, when getting coffee, talk to the barista. Talking to people you don't know is the best way to prepare for talking to people you do.