1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. I_can_and_I_will

I_can_and_I_will Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Day 2 done but body pains, ugh!

WillFightOut and LoyalKnight like this.
  2. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

@I_can_and_I_will Welcome brother! Perhaps also write what you exercised? Would be nice to hear!

Yesterday I went to the gym at 22:30 with my car. I had a nice leg day. I did squats (110kg max), leg presses and leg raises with a machine. Feeling quite tired and sad right now, though.

I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  3. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

I used it effectively to get to a 225x10 CGBP, 405x2 squat, and 545x2 deadlift at 190 lbs. Not the most impressive, but it was the strongest I had, personally, ever been.

It flat out works, but if you're new to getting into strength, you may for three months time want to ride the wave of quick linear progression and go with something like a simple 5x5 madcow or even (god forgive me for saying it) Jason Blaha's 5x5 ICF program for beginners. I favor these two over stronglifts or Starting Strength, because you can work in some reps on isolation and encourage some upper body growth that many don't see with the latter programs. That's discouraging, in my opinion.

I'd milk that for three months or until you stall out on the big lifts. Then I'd look into doing 5/3/1 if you want to stick with barbells. PLEASE, make sure to establish ACTUAL maxes. Don't just guesstimate....The best entry level 5/3/1 programs I think are bodyweight assistance with the main lifts, followed by the triumvirate, and then BBB. You can do these in that sequence for a three month block and then repeat to beat previous weight/rep records. This simple suggestion has your next 9 months of training planned, progressively. Good luck!

LoyalKnight and I_can_and_I_will like this.
  4. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

4x8 weighted dips (70)
    4x12 active hang wide pull ups

3x10 elevated/one leg airborne pike press
    3x20 bar row (85)

3x10 KB high pull (30)
    3x10 Hammer Bar Curl (70)
    3x10+ KB Tricep Extension (30)

5. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Playing around with my kettlebells and getting back into martial arts training.
    Taking a few naps here and there... :D Got to eat more and sleep more.

Stay strong people!
    /Baldur

6. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    I'll try buddy! I've been trying to reduce my NoFap time, hence the super short updates!

For now, lemme just write Day 3 done!

LoyalKnight and WillFightOut like this.
  7. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    Day 4 done! I was having body pains so today was just some light exercising :)

Baldur and LoyalKnight like this.
  8. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Lots of walking around + some kettlebell movements. Greasing the groove is making me stronger.
    Lots of success and happiness to you! =)

/Baldur

I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  9. Okay I'm going to jump in on this too. Been in a bit of a funk since coming off two weeks of a great vacation and am finally starting to get back into my gym routine. I went today and yesterday. I'm going to accept the challenge to exercise in some way everyday. So right now I'm two days in a row.

10. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    Day 5 done! I couldn't do all that I wanted to due to lack of time but I managed to do some stretching exercises, glad I didn't break the streak out of laziness :)

LoyalKnight and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Three days in a row to the gym. Legs work out today. 30 minutes on the walker, 20 minutes on the cycle machine.

I_can_and_I_will and LoyalKnight like this.
  12. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

@HooEmAi Really impressive weights. I currently squat 110kg and I deadlifted 140 kg yesterday for the first time @ 78kg. Looking forward to improve my weight as well - I am currently doing the abdominal breathing so improve my weights. Squatting became lot easier with it, struggling at holding my breath on deadlifts though. After every rep I take new breath, of course.

Yesterday was my pull day: I am doing the pull-push-leg exercises. I deadlifted 140kg for the first time and then I did other exercises for the back such as rowing and lat exercises. At the end some exercise for my neck. Felt really exhausted but also good, really liked it!

Today I am going to execute my push day!

13. 4th day in a row to the gym. 40 minutes on walker then arms day.

14. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Those weights are in pounds (lb.), mind you. So they're far from impressive. But thank you for the encouragement. I'm lightening load on the compounds to re-learn how to do them properly. 99% of people, including myself, don't do that. As to the isolation movement weights, it's been months since I've done curls, shoulder work, tricep work and whatnot, so I picture the weight improving quickly on those as my arms/shoulders get used to them again.

15. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    Day 6 done! It was honestly frustrating because I had to change my plans due to waking up late. Gotta not repeat this mistake!

LoyalKnight and Deleted Account like this.
  16. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Lots of walking. On Friday I had a 4h martial arts session and dancing afterwards. Additional to some kettlebell exercises I am done for this weekend. :D

Stay strong and keep the updates coming!
    /Baldur

17. 5th day in a row to the gym. Legs today and then 40 minutes on the cycle machine.

18. I_can_and_I_will

My Journal
    Day 7 not done :( I tried to do it but my body felt too heavy, had to sit back and rest. Maybe it's the effect from my change in sleep schedule. Not gonna be hung up about it though, moving on to the next day :)

LoyalKnight likes this.
  19. Taking a day or two break from regular exercise can be a good thing. As long as that day or two break isn’t filled with pounding down as much cake, pie, ice cream, and other desserts.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  20. I've been doing workouts from an app i found called the Nike Training Club.

Does anyone else use that app here?

LoyalKnight likes this.