1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE ALCHEMIST - BOOK

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by zakes, Feb 13, 2018.

1. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

so I have just started reading the book "The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

Did anyone read this book as yet and if so did you enjoy it? Did it make an impact on your life??

Warrior mode likes this.
  2. Dov

Dov Fapstronaut

Oh that's a classic.
    Its a book about choice, it present to you the two ends of the scale, living life to the edge and take the most unexpected paths to follow even a flimsy dream, and the people who gave this up, or doesnt even care, who just want to play the normal "game of life" and get from what life has to offer with minimal risk, benefiting from lack of worries they think comes with taking risks.
    the book yet fails to describe the mini challenges one have choosing a path like this, it just offers the idea.
    inspiring book, impact on my life? im a dream follower (proud af) so it enhances my view of life anyway.

Asgardian36, uncleiroh and zakes like this.
  3. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

the alchemist is one of my favorite all time books. It has influenced my writing a lot. I highly suggest you check out the graphic novel version of it.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  4. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Great book, enjoyed it a lot

5. uncleiroh

uncleiroh Fapstronaut

It's an amazing book. One that is unforgettable. After you're done with this book, check out a more lengthy but beautiful book by the Russian Novelist Fyodor Dostoyevsky called: Crime and Punishment

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    zakes likes this.
  6. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

I found the audio version to this online since JP kept going on about it. Its on youtube if anyone is interested.

uncleiroh likes this.
  7. uncleiroh

uncleiroh Fapstronaut

I'll give it a listen, link please?

8. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

uncleiroh and Asgardian36 like this.
  9. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

The Alchemist is a very well written book!
    The book's success itself spreads the message inside of it that : its the simple things in life which are indeed the most important and precious'.

However one must totally understand that its a book and in reality achieving anything requires not only aspiration but other important things too!
    But its a great motivator and many of the things the author says relatable to oneself!

10. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

11. uncleiroh

uncleiroh Fapstronaut