1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Aight so I just got back home from the university and I'm feeling blessed!
    Very strong mentally and the most important - happy

2. THJohnFTH

THJohnFTH Fapstronaut

3. Only 5 days away! What will your next goal be?

4. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

1/14

Had not a special day, but not a bad day either. Trying to keep my positive vibe.

Nice to read all the positive messages lads.

5. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

day 18/90 now i feel calm. the last days were a tempest

6. Day 16/16 done. Next target 21 days.

Lots of coiled up emotions coming out, especially the frustration and anger, that I used to push down using PMO.
    Also I now can stand up for my opinions ready to face any challenge.

7. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

OMG FUCK MY LIFE!

8. ameliorate

ameliorate Fapstronaut

I was on this thread a while ago, but fell off the wagon and haven't been on the site in a long time. Great to see the thread is still going strong.

The last few months have been a bit tumultuous for me, but now I'm keen to really give rebooting another go. I'm going to start small and set a goal of 7 days for myself without PM. Today marks 4/7.

9. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

10. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Day 44/50. Edging still a problem. I use fantasy to deal with frustration and the feeling of being trapped in my life.

11. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Good post. So, adopt a new hands-off policy. If you catch your hand(s) there, tell yourself "hands off" and remove it/them.

Second, at day 44 you are now ready to start using that sexual or urge energy to getting things done. On Tuesday, you will write down one thing that you've been avoiding with your fantasizing. It has to be a thing that needs to get done and which might relive some of your frustration if it's out of the way. It has to be a thing that's doable in one day. When you're finished with it, cross it out on the paper where you wrote it.

Understand? I would really like it if you report back to us on that.

asbgca, TC10 and Single Palm Change like this.
  12. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

welcome back! I didn't forget you. :)

ameliorate likes this.
  13. Lud

Lud Fapstronaut

14. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Relapsed today, but it was to something other than P. I think my brain knows that's off limits now. So... progress?

15. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Day 23.
    I want to die

16. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

day 52/60
    Up early today. Feeling calm and ready to make some plans for the coming weeks. I want to straigthen out my routine and get my new projects to become habits. Let's do this!
    Also, I have a lot of doubts and questions and nagging thoughts about my life.
    But I have this weird idea, that if I just sit down, and let the thoughts flow, then it will all loosen up and I will know what to do. This is a calm and steady good feeling:emoji_gorilla:

TC10 and DerNeuMann like this.
  17. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Welcome back! I hope the next months are going to be calmer for you
    I don't want to sound like an asshole, but fantasy is a way of running away from your troubles, and you must try to change that habit. Like @DerNeuMann says, you have to face the traps and free yourself from them, one by one! It's going to be very tuff, but you have abstained for 44 days and have built some mental stamina by now. Time to get down to business! You can do it, one trap at a time.

I see your mood swings are really strong by now. So remember, what comes up most go down, but also remember that when you feel the worst, that's when things change for the better. Keep going, remember how good you felt getting back from Uni yesterday!

Congratulations on a week. You are much more positive now. I think you are doing good progress, and you will surely reach your goal this time. Keep going strong!
    Yes, slow but steady. I have read some other threads and I think this happens to a lot of people on this site: A good long streak, and then relapse and it's harder than ever to get back to it. Just know that it's "normal", don't worry about getting back to 40 days right away. Just think about your immediate goal, and keep rebooting. Slow but steady!

asbgca and DerNeuMann like this.
  18. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

I feel like I just want to distance myself from everyone else and to have some time alone.
    (Probably the worst thing you can do when you're feeling down).
    That's exactly what happen to me yesterday night,
    I was just laying in my bed alone,
    listening to some country love music
    and crying.
    I'm so tired of it, fuck!@

Edit :
    I'm happy and depressed at the same time wtf

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  19. THJohnFTH

THJohnFTH Fapstronaut

I had a relapse, so again Day 1/20!