1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do I do? Crush advice.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Quality, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Quality

Quality Fapstronaut

(Copied from my daily journal. Check it out. Doing very well)
    Day 46: 2/24/18

I know I’m gonna read all of these when I’m done with nofap and I’ll be cringing at how weird I was. All I really thought about today was if I like my crush still or my friend (girl too. Don’t worry). Basically I’ve liked my crush for ages but I don’t think she’s really interested in being in a relationship. Her best friend said she doesn’t think she likes anyone. And my friend and I are pretty close. She’s really awesome and frankly probably has a better personality than my crush tbh but Id feel weird if I liked her because we talk about crushes all the time and she knows I like my crush. Basically here’s some things. Some kid younger than me that’s friends with my brother likes my friend and she knows. He gave her some expensive jewelry box for Valentine’s Day and she thanked him. I remember she said she didn’t like him but said she was starting to? Not sure but then I would hope she wouldn’t like him. Also I’m going to high school with her next year and I was wondering if it’s weird to date as a freshman? The kids at the high school do make fun of people I think but it’s not a huge problem. Although my parents are extremely protective and really different than me. Theyve always said stuff like they wouldn’t want me to date until I’m 17? Weird. Also my friends would probably think i was weird if i told her i liked her. She’s super friendly with me all the time like Thursday she was like “hey can I feel your hair? It’s so soft. Good luck at basketball” and I asked her how she keeps her hair so blonde and she said she puts lemon juice and sits in the sun and I said she should do that for me some time and she agreed. (I have blonde hair too) That’s kind of our friendship. I’ve never really hung out with her alone. Just some times casually at parties and a lot at school. I just want to know what you all think I should do? Graduation is coming up and we have a lot of parties and things. Maybe i could find myself alone with her at some point and tell her i like her. Not sure. Thank you all. Good luck at nofap.

2. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your situation. I agree, it's a complicated situation indeed.

Normally I would advise guys to do the scary thing...in your case, just telling the girl you like your honest feelings. I'm not sure how it'll work out, but it'll give you great practice on how to be honest with your feelings as you transition into adulthood. It's an important skill to master!

But I also understand if it's a little too scary for you to just *do* that...you're gonna be seeing this girl practically every day, and you don't want to make things weird. That's an understandable situation that a lot of people your age go through!

So if you're uncomfortable with that, here's another idea which may not work right away but eventually will work with someone you like, maybe even your crush. You need to find a way to attract people to you. Perhaps not so much with looks, but much more so with personality. The energy you put out there, the passion and zeal you have for life, will naturally attract people to you! If you wanna know more about this, I can try and explain it a little more clearly if you want, the way I say it here may sound a bit too vague.

Good luck! Wishing you the best in this endeavor.

Quality likes this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

The only reason things would get weird / awkward is if you're ashamed of your desires.

Why are you hiding your intentions? Why are you unsure of yourself? It's because you're afraid of uncertainty and rejection.

If you want to be a mature, secure, and honest person then tell her how you feel and what you want.

If you want to be a creepy and insecure person that tip toes around situations outside their comfort zone, then continue to hide.

This is what your post said = I should do this.... I kind of want that... but there's this.... and there's that.... So I'm not sure... how can I do and say things without doing and saying things??... what do you guys think I should do??...

Why are you allowing us to decide for you what you should be doing with your life? Because you're waiting for permission to act on your desires.

4. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

No, not weird. I did notice when i was in highschool that the Freshmen relationships were a little short - most were a couple weeks, one lasted only from break to lunch! Some lasted much longer. There's no telling, really.
    Also not that weird. They're your parents, they love you and want to protect you. It would be interesting to find out why they'd want you to date later, what they would want you to know about dating and relationships before dating, and what they think makes for a successful relationship.
    Why not? What would you think of asking her to coffee, or to help you buy a new shirt or something?
    Ah - telling her you like her. Classic. To what end, though? Like...why?
    What do you think would happen, in telling her?
    What would you want to happen?
    What would be another way to achieve the result you want?
    What might you do to make that happen?

Quality likes this.
  5. Quality

Quality Fapstronaut

Thanks! I’d be great if you could explain what you mean. I’m mostly ok with my personality, my friends usually refer to me as the funny one and kind of rebellious? I’m ok with my looks, mostly just that I might have rosecea (red cheeks) and it annoys me when people ask like “Have you been running” or something. I’m completely confident enough to tell someone I like them just i don’t know how and I’m nervous what would happen.

Thanks about the freshman info. That does make sense.
    Yeah i really appreciate my parents and understand more now what they mean.
    Why haven’t I asked her to coffee or something? Well mostly because don’t have a car and we live a decent distance away from her. If I did i probably would if she wasn’t busy which she usually is.
    If I told her i liked her? I’m not sure what would happen. She would be nice about it either way but I don’t know if she would understand and be open to the idea of going out or something or she only considers us friends and would want to keep that. What would I do otherwise besides telling her? I’ve already thought about not trying to grow closer to my crush (my best friend likes her too and we kind of silently compete to talk to her more.) and focus more on hanging out with the other girl.

6. Quality

Quality Fapstronaut

I’m not allowing you to decide for me, i just want advice on how I should approach this situation