1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some tips to increase concentration while studying!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Warrior mode, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

I am having difficulty studying. I can study for an hour or so with good concentration but after that when i take a break, my concentration decreases! And i feel more and more fatigued and less motivated with as the day goes by!
    If anyone has any tips how to help me solve this problem so that I can study for longer durations with ease and recharge myself effectively after every 1 hour session of studying!

2. XIl3

XIl3 New Fapstronaut

Have you tried meditation? If not, I'd be happy to share a few thoughts about it.

3. Yup, I'd agree with XIl3.

Meditation is the number one thing you can do to increase focus and concentration.

The book "The Mind Illuminated", is the best resource I could find.
    Helped me immensely.

4. XIl3

XIl3 New Fapstronaut

That looks like a great book, thanks for sharing!

5. UDK

UDK Fapstronaut

Can you guys spit some facts about Meditation and it's results on life? I am interested.

6. Cup of tea or coffee will increase the concentration (not too much). Electronic devices also can cause distraction from learning :).

7. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

No bro, i haven't tried it seriously. Can you tell me how to do it

8. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

Bro i am abstaining from caffiene, it causes stomach upset is bad for the prostate

9. Dave_29

Dave_29 Fapstronaut

eating a heavy meal at lunch can affect your concentration and will make you feel lazy and fatigue .
    try to eat healthy food and light meals. avoid sugary food as much as you can . breath deeply , try to reach the 2 liters water uptake every day. REPLACE coffee with cocoa drink . drink orange juice, binge eating on walnuts, almond, and blueberries. try to listen to nonvocal instrumental music for studying

Warrior mode and vibemaker like this.
  10. Do you take really short breaks every 30 minutes of learning? It will increase your concentration. You also give your eyes some rest, I always closed my eyes for about 30 seconds when I studied.

Warrior mode likes this.
  11. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

TC, do you suffer from brain fog?

12. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

No not brain fog. I would say i get irritable and fatigued. I used to get brain fog earlier, but not for the last 2 months

13. Warrior mode

Warrior mode Fapstronaut

Th
    Thanks buddy, i can't drink too much juice and water because i have an oversensitive bladder (i pee a lot). But the rest of your advice, i shall try to follow!

14. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

That almost sounds like brain fog to me, at least from what I'm suffering I think. idk.