1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

day 25/90 i am facing my depressive thoughts. i understand the pain i feel is real but this is an opportunity to understand something about me. it is right i suffer because i feel alone but then i react to do something about it and not staying alone anymore. this phase of reboot is difficult, in flatline, with dark mood but i want to live it with lightness trying to listen to what i am feeling. this is a dependence and something implanted in my life as a habit so punching it creates a reaction in my brain to come back at the starting point where i was worse than now. the hurt in my heart is real and cannot be filled with pmo which only enlarges it. i stay strong because i want enjoy life

2. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

You've got this, Max. You have a good way of looking at it, and you will make it through this depression.
    Exercising or going for a walk should help a little with the moodiness.

DerNeuMann and max9292 like this.
  3. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

What is the best medicine when you miss someone who's not in your life anymore and there's nothing you can do to get him back? Please help!

I found a quote that really touched my heart which says :
    "You'll keep forgiving the one you love till you hate them"
    I guess it's true

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    DerNeuMann and Deleted Account like this.
  4. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

8/14.

I'm sick. Feeling bad, but 8 days clean is pretty nice.
    You got this. In a few days you'll feel better.

DerNeuMann and max9292 like this.
  5. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Good job brother.
    Stay strong, I believe in you

TC10 and DerNeuMann like this.
  6. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

7. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

1/8 and feeling good. Had a great meeting with my councellor. She gets me and made me reach into some darkness I have never wanted to touch on.

Got a lot of things to work. Push forward, I did a 33 day stint. I can get past these 8 days.

8. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

Day 47/61..thank you all for your encouragement...I like the way we encourage and motivate within ourselves in this forum..Feeling happy :)

9. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Oh, I don't know. Forgiveness has a way of lessening the burden on the one who does the forgiving.

Single Palm Change likes this.
  10. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

90 is ambitious! But it only makes sense, aim higher when your streak gets longer. I feel inspired to do the same when I get to 60. Good luck on the new goal!

Thanks for the feedback! I see where you're coming from. All my fantasies are addictive just like pmo - they give me a fake reward without any of the hard work. I use them to escape reality. And you're absolutely right about the confusion. Fantasies live on it, they keep me unaware what's real and what's illusion.

The best way I've found to clear the confusion though is writing things down and figuring them out. I'm pretty sure most of my fantasies are coming from unmet needs. So I want to figure out what these needs are and take some action to meet them. I'm talking about the non-sexual fantasies, for the sexual ones i'll take your advice 100%.

11. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Day 51/60 no pmo.
    Day 6/12 no fantasies or edging.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  12. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

It does.
    But not when the person who apologized do exactly the same thing again and again.
    I know that I might sound girly here but that's only because I miss her and I still care about her
    please, don't judge me.

Anyway, Day 30/100 ;)
    I'm feeling strong and happy.

13. Single Palm Change

Day 59/60

I am feeling consistently pretty good. I have much more stable energy than when I started (and when I relapse), I am more confident and I'm starting to get a lot of things done, that I have been putting off for a long time.
    Sure there is still days of anxiety and depression, but these are further apart, and the depression is not as severe, neither does it last as long as it used to (it used to be 24/7, and now it's around one day a week)

I am sure my diet has something to do with this as well. Abstaining from sugar and unhealthy foods has really made a huge difference for me, also for my determination and discipline.

TanglePie, TC10, asbgca and 2 others like this.
  14. Single Palm Change

Ok, good idea. Just make sure to stay focused and solution-oriented. I have stacks of notebooks proving that ruminating over a subject doesn't really get me anywhere (but it might be that it was necessary and therapeutic for me to write so much down at the time). But I find that when I user a timer for 20 minutes, get a mindmap going, and start asking short, easy and goal-oriented questions, like "what can I do about this today?", things go better. Anyway, everyone is different, so if it works for you, do it.

Congratulations on 30 days! You've really turned things around! Good job

TC10 likes this.
  15. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Thank you, bro! :p
    I'm so happy right now, I've never experienced it in my life!

16. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

You already know I don't judge you. Congratulations on day 30.

17. t8031t

t8031t Fapstronaut

starting a 4 day challenge

18. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

9/14

Feeling shit. But 9 days is nice... pretty good to read it out
    Okay, stay on the road man!

19. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Congratulations on 9 days!!

TC10 likes this.