1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did this man think I was hitting on him?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 29, 2018.

1. This morn, I was at the gym. I went to the water fountain and saw this guy playing basketball w his friend (they were probably 35-40 yr old, I'm 20).

This man was wearing the most American t-shirt I've ever seen. Just this tshirt that was an animated flag wth a giant bald eagle on half of it wing on the back&front.

I went up to him and said " hey what's good bro? I need to know where you got that tshirt brother." He seemed complimented and said a thrift store. He told me if I came here often to text him and if he finds one online he'll hook me up with one (for free).

He gave me his buisness card (again, he's like 40 and is an accountant so has a buisness card). I said dope and texted "Hey this is robbin, from the gym" 5 mins after. He texted back "yes, sir?" I didn't respond.

I told people about the shirt and they were telling me that we came off as gay. Which I dont care if he was gay (homosexuals/lgbt communoty doesnt bother me) but I just need this shirt.

Nobody has ever thought as me as a gay man bc of the way i act/talk (which you can never tell, but im also not gay so there's that). But if I got this shirt I would be balling out on all levels.

2. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be the ones that are jealous when you have a bitchin shirt.

3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

You shouldve said "no homo" at the end of the conversation.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I have to be honest, I dont know why people care so much about coming across as being gay when they know themselves that they arent, I'm not sure why it matters. I'm not saying it bothered you, obviously you said it didn't, I just mean in general I am confused as to why this kind of over-analysis of minor social interaction occurs.

Something that could be called the reverse of this situation happened to me a year ago when I went to buy my new glasses, as I was trying them on it became obvious the (male) shop assistant was going above and beyond being helpful and was clearly flirting with me. I decided to play along (albeit obviously not push it further) and in the end I enjoyed the interaction more than I would have done if I had acted awkwardly or over-analysed the situation. My point is that this small social interaction doesnt matter, and in the end if you got something out of it, like a cool shirt, then it was worth it, who gives a shit if people thought you came across as gay?

5. todaysresolution

todaysresolution Fapstronaut

dont worry about it because the truth is whatever occues you arent gay
    if he is gay you will find out and be able to explain you arent gay
    dont worry

6. I just hit confused when he said "yes, sir?" I don't wanna text him about the shirt. I'll just let him do his thing . I really gotta check out theist stores man, hidden gems in there

pezzer likes this.
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

It’s crazy how people still worry about being perceived as gay in 2018.

SilentJay313 and tweeby like this.
  8. SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. You think he’s gay because he called you sir?? Sir can be a sign of respect you know.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  10. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with making sure that I make it clear to a gay male that my bunghole is not open for him.

11. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You know who is really gay? Homosexual people.

Don't be insecure, paranoid, or make a big deal out of nothing.

Just get your t-shirt.

12. I wouldn't be "worried" about it, but it's always uncomfortable for someone to be hitting on you or thinking of you as a potential mate when you know you wouldn't be interested in them. Because you don't want to hurt their feelings or let them down. It's not necessarily some big "homophobic" thing for someone to be concerned about that.

13. Fuckin-A!

14. Now I want that T-shirt.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Don't get drawn into the judgements made by others Robbin.

tweeby and Deleted Account like this.
  16. diogo431509

diogo431509 Fapstronaut

It's not gay if you're trading :)

Also it's not gay if ... (put your specific situation)

17. it wasn't the shirt that was the topic of discussion. The reasoning that i was getting at was the conversation seemed odd and I kinda cold approached him on the shirt. the shirt was dope.

But that was back a while ago. I know realize that I was over-thinking the situation way to much and it doesn't matter if we came off as gay (we didn't) bc theres nothing wrong with that and i just simply don't care.

Still didnt get my t-shirt though:(

18. Johnnyfranks

Johnnyfranks Fapstronaut

Next time follow it up with a smack on the ass and say "good game bro".