1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can PMO addiction affect your height?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lonewolfpt, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Just wondering since PMO addiction causes chemical imbalance in your brain.

Could it be that PMO creates boyish bodies for adults?

rostronaut likes this.
  2. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Since PMO lowers the testosterone on your body one could argue that engaging in PMO habits during your growth could be very harmful right?

rostronaut likes this.
  3. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Don't know. Being 6' it's not something I ever thought about. If anything, I feel things like malnourishment and pathogens would have the greatest effect. PMO seems like something that would be minimal in my mind.

4. There's no evidence that PMO lowers testosterone. In fact there's plenty of evidence to the contrary, that masturbation actually ever so slightly increases testosterone. Where PMO's negatives come from, has less to do with hormones, and more to do with catecholamines, namely dopamine, and the desensitisation of the receptors it binds to. As such, the negatives of PMO are more psychological: anxiety, depression, decreased confidence and sociability, lower energy levels - and less physical (i.e. PMO doesn't affect your muscle mass, hair growth, bone growth etc).

So directly, there should be no influence of PMO on your height.

That said, there is one very loose indirect link you could consider. Inadequate sleep as a teenager is probably the easiest way to massively stunt your growth. As you said, testosterone (as well as growth hormone, and your overall genetics) play a role in the final height you reach. If you suppress your testosterone levels, you won't grow as tall as you would have.

What's one really easy way to suppress your testosterone levels? Don't sleep long enough (At least 7 hours per night). What's something a lot of teenagers do? Not sleep long enough.

So where does PMO fit into this? Well, if you like to indulge in PMO at night, and it's keeping you up late, and then you're getting up early for school, then yes, you're likely going to be stunting your growth.

If you're an adult, your growth plates are sealed and nothing is going to make you any taller either way, but if you're a teenager still (or say, under 25 or so, since some peoples growth plates seal late) then make sure you're getting enough sleep. Don't expect quitting PMO to help you get any taller, but there are a multitude of other benefits that make it worth quitting.

5. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Thank you. Maybe i wasnt clear enough, english isnt my first language.

And could it be that PMO addiction stunts the natural development of your body? What i mean is features like body hair, wide shoulders, jaw line, etc.

Does PMO delays the masculine features for teens and young men?

goodnice likes this.
  6. goodnice

goodnice Fapstronaut

Personally i think so. i’m almost definitely sure excessive PMO makes it very hard to achieve the ideal build (broad shoulders) and big frame