1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your best anti-aging advice

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by jorg78, Mar 2, 2018.

1. omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA

HegHeu likes this.
  2. flaxseed, hempseed, chia seed, walnuts, pecans (crushed), dark green leafy vegetables like kale, parsley and spinach, and berries like cranberries, raspberries and ribs :)

You're welcome :D

HegHeu and Deleted Account like this.
  3. No:
    "Vegetarian sources of omega-3s provide only ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), a precursor form that the body cannot convert efficiently to the DHA and EPA it needs."
    https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/vitamins/vegetarian-sources-of-omega-3/

HegHeu likes this.
  4. If you want to slow down the ageing process then it’s as simple as living in a colder climate.

5. Yes:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17622276

For every link you find, I can give you two links that corrects yours. Do you really want to waste our time? It's your problem that you eats fish, but please don't make it sound like you cannot live without it. You're doing it because you like the taste. You are arguing with me because you really don't like when people tell you that you don't have any other reason than personal taste, to do what you do. Just be honest. Please...

Edit: I'm unfollowing this topic anyway. We are both under day 10, so I guess a lot of dopamine-frustration is talking when one is in a hot debate. But of course I can only speak for myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  6. umm you link doesn't refute a thing I said
    it only says
    ". Despite this inefficient conversion, there are potential roles in human health for ALA and EPA that could be independent of their metabolism to DHA through the desaturation"

that doesn't negate the need for DHA EPA.

And don't assume my motivations for doing anything, I assure you that is an argument you cannot but lose.

And lastly
    I am day 21.
    last time I checked (though I am sure you have a link to refute it) that's greater than 10

7. Then what's your excuse for being an asshole? :)

8. This sort of name calling is the last resort of people losing arguments, though it is sometimes the first. All you're saying in all caps is that you can't refute what I am saying. But here it doesn't even make any logical sense. Is English your first language?

Vegetarians are chronically undernourished unless they take fish oil which is the most natural way to get essential nutrients the body needs. Anything else is processed/artificial - as people learned with processed soy that can be very harmful. Humans have always been natural omnivores

9. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

Eat plenty of meat to keep Testosterone high.

Eat plenty of vegetables for their anti-oxidants and anti-Estrogen properties.

Supplement with Zinc, Vitamin E and Fish Oil for healthy skin.

This combo will make you look 5 years younger.

Enjoy your newly-found vigor.

10. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

I do all that except eating meat. Personally, I think eating meat will age you faster (Looking at friends who are meat-eaters)

11. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

"Ivanhoe" -- I have 3 questions for you:

1. What country and culture are you from?
    2. You say fish is considered "different" from meat. In what ways are fish "different" from meat?
    3. The five Food Groups are: Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Meat and Dairy. Meats are usually high in protein. What food group would you put fish in?

I'm from USA and think that most Americans would consider beef, chicken, turkey, ham, bacon and fish as m-e-a-t.

"Meat is flesh taken from a dead animal that people cook and eat." -- Collins Dictionary.com

Thank you for your answers.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. RebornSoul

RebornSoul Fapstronaut

1.Nofap ,fapping ages you in the speed of light
    2.Exercise
    3.Avoid junk food
    4.apply Olive oil to your skin
    5.Cold showers
    6.Eat less food ,eat what is enough to give you energy
    7.Meditate or pray
    8.anger management

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  13. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

To each their own my friend.

I know many people that eat a lot of processed meats and look like shit.

However, I also know many meat eaters (think grass-fed beef, lamb and pig that eat their natural diet) and they all look great and many of their descendants that had the same diet lived until their 90's.

I can tell you one thing though...
    Out of all the non-meat eaters I know, 90% of then have low Testosterone.

14. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

I appreciate your input and you may be right.

I did not have any facts to back up my claim, just what I thought.

15. ricoelyes

ricoelyes New Fapstronaut

MUSHROOMS/RASPBERRIES/NUTS/DARK CHOCOLATE/PINEAPPLES

16. RationalBrody

RationalBrody Fapstronaut

Look up into Rhonda Pattrick and Petter Attia.
    Some things I've learned from them:
    • Don't smoke
    • Don't be an alcoholic
    • Regular physical activity (strength training to maintain muscle mass, and HIIT anaerobic activity: running, cycling..)
    • Consume Kale and broccoli, they are sources of Sulforaphane, which has positive effects on aging, brain health, mortality); clean eating 80% of your diet.
    • Low-carb diets (a lot of science behind this), paleo or possibly ketogenic
    • Keep your sugar intake as low as possible (sugar is the real enemy)
    • quality sleep
    • Intermittent fasting or some form of calorie restricted diet. Either calorie restriction per se, or a fasting-mimicking diet.
    • Avoid eating at night, it will mess up with your circadian rythm. Use a maximum 12-hour eating window per a 24h day.
    • Be lean (7-15% BF for men)
    • Reduce systemic inflamation in your body
    • Don't consume an absurd amount of protein (>200-300g per day). Not sure on the science behind this, but it's got to do with IGF1 signaling pathway.
    • Sauna, cold exposure (cold showers or cryotherapy) done every once in a while.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    tedy26, HegHeu and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  17. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

• stay out of the sun, or at least use a lot of sunscreen
    • stop drinking alcohol, or greatly reduce it
    • apply walnut oil to your skin; I even add a tablespoon to my smoothies sometime

18. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

Very good advices here!

19. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

How about the sugar in fruits?