1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Talk About Death

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. You can respond to the questions if you like to but do think about them. I think it's important to think about this since we are all going to die one day.

How old do you want to be before you die?
    How do you want to die?
    What do you want to achieve before you die?
    How do you want people to remember you?

Deleted Account and pezzer like this.
  2. I don't know how old I want to be when I die. I think as you start to get up there in age, you get a better sense of how much longer you want to stick around for. I don't care how I die, but I don't think that I want to see it coming. I hope to achieve a complete sense of peace within myself and others before I go. I would want people to remember me as someone who was happy.

Determined_to_Succeed and pezzer like this.
  3. I don't mind dying right now lol. I actually coped with the idea of having a panel blowing up in my face lmaooo. Acheive before I die? I just wanted to do everything on my bucket list, get a motorcycle, travel, etc. Screw the people hahaha. I just want my mom remember that she has a shared bank account with me, know what I mean? Hahahaha
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2018
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I wouldn’t mind dying young, although once I have kids I wouldn’t want to until they’re older. I want to die doing something I love, which is any adrenaline-triggering thrill, although I may regret that wish. I hope to somehow touch others’ lives, but I’d rather be known as virtuous rather than anything popular.

pezzer likes this.
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

hmmm... I don't think I care much about the events that happen before I die. Because we can't take our experiences here on earth with us to the grave... and eventually people will lose their memory of you... so all that stuff is kind of useless.

I think it's more important to focus on the actual moment of our death and afterwards. I would want to have a foreseeable death. That way it allows me to prepare myself. If an afterlife does exist, which I believe it does, I would want my mother to be waiting for me, I would want to be able to see her moments before I die. When she was in the hospital dying of cancer, she said she saw her father in the room sitting across the bed from her comforting her.

The same thing happened to my uncle who died when I was just a child. As he was dying, he said he saw a saint appear to him and was comforting him in his last hours.

In those last moments of death, when I know that I will not live for more than a day or two, in that feeling of helplessness and fear, I would want to prepare my heart and be able to connect to God on a sincere level outside of my own ego. In our moments of death our ego begins to die, we begin to see things more clearly than we do when we are alive and well. It truly is a beautiful thing.

6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I want to die while making love. I don't. Care what age. My achievements and people's memory of me is only temporary no matter what I do. I might as well go out in an awesome way.

7. sonicBoi

sonicBoi Fapstronaut

I want to be as old as I can be while also being physically & mentally functional and fit.
    How? I don't know but i've had this fantasy that when I'm ready to die, I would skydive and just not open the parachute. That would be a great way to go, although not for the people around me.
    How do i want people to remember me? I don't think I'm wise enough to answer that right now.

karimmassarani likes this.
  8. karimmassarani

karimmassarani Fapstronaut

I can't control at what age I will die, that is controlled by God and I will inshallah accept whatever that age is. I want to die peacefully and calmly, I don't want to be afraid of death before I die but rather I want to accept it and to accept God's wisdom. Before I die, I want to achieve peace within my soul. I want people to remember me as a genuinely good and humble human being.

WesternWolf and Saskia Simone like this.
  9. I just want to be happy and at peace with my conflicts within myself and others, if I have reached happiness and helped other people reach happiness then I will be content. My biggest fear is the people I leave behind, its scary to think you might never hold someone again.

pezzer likes this.
  10. SolitaryScribe

As a Christian, even I find this to be a bit preachy :p

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Let's talk about life it tends to be better than death?

12. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

I want to find true love, I want to see the world in all its greatest beauties. I want to be able to fund these journeys sourcing it from a job that i can passionately say i love doing. These are all dreams. To travel with the person of my dreams is my idea of bliss, my definition of happiness to me, that is all i long for in life. Before, i felt no purpose, before when i just lived to educate myself because that's how it was in the moment. I feel more like how i want to be now. I feel as though it's quite hard to represent ourselves, to find our true selves. I find this take's so long, maybe even one's own lifetime to completely understand who it is they wish to be. What it is that will make them the most happy. But in all of us, at least, there is a kind of central belief in that we are happy if we choose to be. We choose to smile whenever we command it so.

But i want to die young, i'm rather sure of that. I dont want to live old, i feel it'll become a duty, a task for me to live rather than a joyful experience. We really truly do need to see life more as a game. Not one with malicious intent, but to akin to peace, live our lives hoping to gain this peace of mind. For there is no one that can really, truly, make us happy but ourselves. In our own minds.

In my own life time i would like to create, create something worthy enough to be remembered. In any format, whether it be music, art, film. I want something i can live by, have written down to just mark my being here. I wish i could fervently express my every feeling i feel, jotting it down on some piece of paper or however it may be. Some people have children as a means of carrying on their blood, i guess there's a sense of pride in that, keeping the family line. I dont really know. But i just want to feel like i'm living to live. Even when people say 'money doesn't bring happiness' though, it truly does, spent well, it finances mostly all your joys. Aside love, which is free.

To put a number on it, i would die in my late 20's most likely. That's just how i feel is when the body starts to get older. Maybe i'll live on til im 30 or so, i have no reason to feel sad, no suicidal intent. I just, i dont want to live forever bored out of my mind. I dont want to continue living only to live a miserable life. I'm sorry if people feel that's wrong of me to think that way. Growing old just doesn't sound fun. I becomes less and less capable of doing things, i may even be struck down by some deadly disease further prohibiting my potentials. Na, that's not for me.

I still dont know how i'd do it. Preferably, Painleslly via drugs or alcohol overdose. Although it seems suicide is never a surefire way of death. Which is another factor of fear, i wouldn't want to be left further disabled in my abilities and then only expected to continue living, closesly monitored through a life one clearly feels no thrill of in living and only feels suffering. That's not any kind of 'life', real living, real potential to do and experience all you dream about doing

(I'm not sure if its against the rules to talk in this way, if it's graphic by any means, i apologise, i don't mean it in this way and i hope my post will be kept up. I'm just trying to figure out the value of life in my own way. And i apologise if that feels wrong to you. )

I don't feel too passionate as of yet about setting down in a caring family setting, only to deduct from my experience these all fall apart and crumble at some stage.

Im gonna keep being good in my life just cause that's how i feel. I want to live life free of concern, im sure we all do, but that's just not the way it is. I wish i could just fly off somewhere and live off the land in my own self sustaining way. But i dont have that kind of knowledge, i'd know of nowhere to go.

Sorry if this post is just a bundle of nonsense, although it'd be very intriguing for me to hear people's thoughts on the way my head currently thinks and if it is rational by any means, or if im truly just being selfish im not sure ):

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  13. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

I want to go after my wife goes. I don't want to leave her to clean up my lifetime mess.

I want to die old. Preferably after my kids are all married, and my grandkids are sick of me imparting my wisdom.

As far as dying itself, I want to go doing something heroic. Like taking a bullet shielding a child, or drowning because I gave up my life vest, etc.

I don't want to die scared.

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm at peace, but I will miss the fun and people this life has to offer.

My wife and kids all know I love them. I have stood for good my whole life and am not ashamed. As long as I remain this way, anytime it happens it happens.

pranav02, Deleted Account and pezzer like this.
  14. Honestly I don't want to die, and if it's going to happen hopefully it'll be at the same time with my SO from old age.

There's too much I want to do, and I feel like my life is slowly getting started trying to reverse this addiction. I really want to be a successful game developer with my SO and build up enough dosh, so we can move to the country side and have a nice cozy house together.

For me it doesn't matter how I'm remembered as that stuff was never important to me, I do my own thing regardless of what others think about it or me. Besides, nobody knows me anyways, if I died tomorrow nobody would bat an eyelash or honestly care and that's the truth.

I like focusing on the present and how I'm alive every day, and so death can kiss my arse.

WesternWolf, Roady and pezzer like this.
  15. Well for the most part I'll let my depression speak for me. 1. Any age really. 2. Some kind of accident. 3. I want to save someone else's life or do some kind of big good deed. 4. Well memories fade into nothingness but if my soul is to be judged I'd want people to remember me as someone who always attempted to be a good person despite my quick anger and jadedness.

Deleted Account, Roady and pezzer like this.
  16. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Hey!
    I am currently studying at the university and my goal is to be a computer programmer (that is one of my biggest wishes right now)
    and of course, to find the love of my life, to build a family and to travel around the world.
    I don't care about my death so much since it's not something that is under my control.
    Anyway -

How old do you want to be before you die?
    At the age of 70 - 80 would be nice

How do you want to die?
    A death by natural causes I guess (not because of a disease or anything like that)

What do you want to achieve before you die?
    As I mentioned before, I want to be a computer programmer,
    to build a family and to visit the USA once.

How do you want people to remember you?
    I don't care.
    The most important thing is that I know that I did the best I can to make everyone happy and that I didn't betray or hurt my friends and my loved ones.
    Simple as that.

I'm 22 years old if it matters (I just had this stupid urge to mention it lmao)

Roady and pezzer like this.
  17. This is why Catholics teach to meditate daily on the 4 Last Things (Death, Judgemnet, Hell, and Heaven). It’s an exercise that invites the ever present reality before youwhich is that death can come at any moment. Just think of how better prepared for death you will be if you start this practice now?! One of the more traditional spiritual practices in the past included picking one day each month and treating it as the day of your death.

18. Well put Roady since this daily death to self is the only one the matters! This is one of the greatest gifts Christ’s sacrifice has provided mankind; in Him and through Him death is transformed from a consequence of sin to an act of love. Christians have been given a source of grace which will allow them to drink death like it’s water. What’s even more amazing is at the scene of the crucifixtion we see on the left and right side of Christ by what means we open ourselves up to grace and by what means we close the door to it! The good thief shows we open ourselves up to grace by complete resignation to God. We accept everything that happens to us as being form His hand and just. We acknowledge that unlike Him we deserve death. Yet, on the other side of the cross, the bad thief shows how we close ourselves off from this grace by not being resigned to the cross. We protest and get angry. We call God unfair because we do not get what we want or in what manner we wanted it. The two thieves represent the only two choices we have with our free will; acceptance/resignation or impatience/intolerance to Gods will. Two choices every addict understands all too well that by acceptance/resignation during difficult times we pass through death now to get to our reward, while on the other hand if we try to escap difficult times we obtain a reward now and later end up going through hell.

Deleted Account and Roady like this.
  19. Hopefully one day you reconsider, no matter how old you are or what happens it's still worth living. I used to think in that way when I was younger and severely depressed, but as I matured and thought about it more just being alive everyday is one of the greatest things I take for granted everyday.

I truly hope you find somebody to love and they connect in a way that helps you understand the importance and joy of life itself, you don't want to go in your twenties mate, that's so young. Embrace the life you have because as corny as it sounds, you only have one of them.

I'm not bashing if it comes across as such but rather sad you see life in that way, of course we all die one day but that doesn't mean you yourself can't make the most out of it regardless of what you have or are going through.

pezzer and SolitaryScribe like this.
  20. SolitaryScribe

I think this is why it's important to be thankful everyday for what we have. Life truly is beautiful, we just have to learn how to enjoy it.

Deleted Account likes this.