1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation Challenge - 60 days

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by meatsandwich, Mar 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I've read how massive are benefits of meditation and I thought to create a challenge for you guys and myself, to do meditation every day for at least 10-30 minutes.

I've read also that meditation changes the brain structure and the cerebral cortex thickens also increased gray-matter density in the hippocampus, which all improves your mind and also memory, understanding.

Click here to read more

Day 1:
    I did Meditation for 30 minutes and I feel so relaxed now, even after 2 hours passed and it seems I'm becoming more aware that I should do and my mind isn't feeling anymore heavy with negative thoughts.

I feel even more that I should go forward with this challenge and not give up.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. Count me in! What kind of meditation do you practice?

3. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I'm doing now only simple one where I imagine that I'm in grain field while I'm listening to ''orthodox christian arabic chants'' as it has relaxing tone and I just do it for 30 minutes.

I want also try shirsaasan and pranayam techniques into my daily routine, as I'm new to this and I'm learning more by going further through my journey. :)

4. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Nice challenge, I'm in! I've been into meditation for a few years now. It definitely has a lot of benefits.

Btw there's a whole addiction recovery program based on Buddhist meditation called Refuge Recovery. You can google it if you want to check it out. Here's a website with some of their guided meditations: https://refugerecoverypdx.wordpress.com/guidedmeditation/

5. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Thank you, it's awesome useful source!

6. Thank you! That's a great resource! I practice a traditional Reiki meditation called hatsureiho http://www.aetw.org/d_hatsurei_ho.html

During these 60 days I will alternate mindfulness, zen (shikantaza), and reiki meditations.

7. Those chants must be wonderful!

8. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I support you guys in this. If that length of time seems like a lot to some people remember you can split it up. I kind of look at it like how with fitness training they say in the beginning it's good for people to do less intensity but more frequent training, if we're talking 25-30 minutes half of that done twice a day is less than 15 minutes, a great way to take a break from the work day for example.

9. tIoD

tIoD Fapstronaut

Dude, don't push hard. I think that for beginner 25-30 minutes are too much. I suggest to start with 10 minute meditation, everyday, when feel that 10 minutes passes without any problem, increase it, 12-15-20-25.
    I mediate 1 month already and now I meditate twice a day for 15 mins. Keep it regular and in a month you will see benefits, cool benefits )).
    Peace.

10. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Yeah, I usually overdo a lot of stuff, but I always do fast advancement in everything that I can and I try a lot of times push myself beyond the limit! It really depends on the person though and peace! I really wanted to do this because of benefits and they can help in a massive way.
    Peace!

Yes, they are unique and often can imagine a massive church with a very powerful atmosphere.
    As Christianity, itself comes from the Arab world!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  11. Thanks for sharing! Yes, you're right. Christianity comes from the Middle East, and the language spoken by Jesus was very close to Arabic.

Deleted Account and meatsandwich like this.
  12. I will join this challenge, might not be able to get 30 minutes in every day but my goal is at least 10 minutes. I'll incorporate it into my morning routine. Tomorrow morning will be Day 1.

13. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Day 1. I'm working my way through this book. Spent about half an hour working out my spine using the exercises there. I'm also working on my root chakra to get through some long-term issues there.

14. I'm going to do meditation every day for thirty minutes for thirty days

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Did my first 10-minute meditation session as part of my morning routine just now. It went okay but my focus was not ideal at all. I found myself drifting away into thoughts a lot. Oh well, I guess that'll change over time.

Day 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2018
  16. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Day 2:

I did meditation for 30 minutes in the morning and then went for 1 hour nap almost,
    my mind was hard to control this day and it's more difficult though I know that it has been also because of
    PMO urge and it disturbs me a lot.

Thinking to do 10 minutes of meditation at night before sleep that would account at least 40 minutes per day.

17. skyhit

skyhit Fapstronaut

Hey, i think you are putting too much pressure on yourself.
    30 min is too much.
    Do 10 min, but focused.
    You should not keep your eyes shut for 30min while thinking about things..
    Rather do just 10min into a phase when you become thoughtless. But aware.
    I'll recommend putting all your focus to your breadth and letting thoughts pass away.

18. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I will try, 30 minutes are okay but for me, but I should get extra pillows and I will try letting my thoughts away.
    As I can't really control my mind so properly and it would be essential to first erase and then slowly building later on the mind

19. Hey add me in! Although I can't promise 10 minutes right off the bat but yeah I'll meditate daily :)
    And if you don't listen from me for a day then send me an angry dm lol

20. Day 2: a wonderful Reiki meditation of around one hour, I felt very relaxed, focused and centred.