1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I really need exercise advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 8, 2018.

1. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Nice, @Baldur. Especially chinups and a cheater box. I like your statement about FULL body training.

That is the basic principle behind everything. Perform to exhaustion and be certain by doing at least 1 more rep than you're currently 'able' to do unaided.

Dudes. You can get ripped doing anything. You mostly gotta kill it with intensity. Except don't break anything. It's best to aim for a target reps and sets and establish your weight there. Eat healthy and take rest where it is due. 30 days can see gains. 90 can change a life. Most people don't do this because they don't stick to a program. Make a program, try to do it, and modify it as you go. Do as many things as possible week to week so you're diversified in strength for a variety of muscle groups and fitness. Doing big exercises like clean and jerk does take time, so start low weight on very technical things. You'll learn all the rest as you go. Don't sweat it. Get a friend that does things. Get two or three :)

There is only no room for not trying. Do what you enjoy and your physique will adapt. We have [almost] complete power over our body appearance while young enough to withstand the rigors of work. Good luck and see you out there!!

Deleted Account and Baldur like this.
  2. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Thank you @vxlccm .
    While I agree with most of what you said, I have to disagree with the exhaustion part. I never train to failure and one doesn't have to. One can get big and strong as f*ck without ever
    failing a rep. There is plenty of data out there showing that training to failure just impedes recovery but does not add anything worthwhile to ones gains.

Just my two cents on it.

Cheers!
    /Baldur

vxlccm likes this.
  3. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Interesting, @Baldur. Gives me hope actually, because I can't max/exhaust in 40+ years as well as in old times due to joint/ligament stress and risk of injury. Research cycle coming up. Thank you!

Baldur likes this.
  4. RationalBrody

RationalBrody Fapstronaut

Drop the 'toned' word from your dictionary. No such thing as that. Utter bro-science.

5. Calipso

Calipso Fapstronaut

Keto diet and right workout schedule can be a solution for you. You can also hire a personal trainer for additional motivation. As for me, I have gained 15 kg for the last 2 months *embarrassing*. And I think that it's too much. But I am too lazy for gym so I tried coolsculpting in nyc procedure. It uses a targeted cooling process that kills the fat cells underneath the skin, literally freezing them to the point of elimination. Only fat cells are frozen. Your healthy skin cells remain, well, healthy. For several sessions I noticed first positive results.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

While I do agree that cold exposure (snow, ice, swimming in a lake, cold showers, etc.) help burn (white) fat and get a stronger immune system I have to say this:

To my knowledge white fat is used by brown fat to produce energy (heat, for example). Literally killing your body doesn't
    sound like a good idea to me. To me this sounds like a money wasting lazy ass excuse to not do any sport, nor care about a healthy diet and sleep.

But that's my opinion on it. Do whatever you want to do, as long as it makes you happy.

Cheers!
    /Baldur

7. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

From what I've learned so far, the only thing that matters if you're trying to lose weight is you need to eat less calories than you burn every day. That's literally the only thing that will work.

If you want to gain muscle, you have to gain weight, so you have to adjust your diet for that. It just depends on your goals. I'm currently trying to lose some weight, so I've reduced my daily calorie intake. I still work out as well, but I'm not expecting gains while in a calorie deficit. I'll worry about the gains once I get down to my weight goal, then I'll build muscle on top of that.

Not sure if that helps at all, that's just what I'm doing.