1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What I've learned about urges after 90 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by DerNeuMann, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Pmo is in the past

Pmo is in the past Fapstronaut

I will embrace the urges !

DerNeuMann likes this.
  2. SharkBait

SharkBait Fapstronaut

My new hero!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  3. yazy

yazy Fapstronaut

Thanks a ton. Your post is really motivating.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  4. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

No. The avatar is German but it's the meaning that's important.

5. This is actually one of the most informative posts I've ever seen. More fapstronauts struggling with urges should come see this beaughtiful post.

Now it's starting to make more sense that urges won't go away since it's part of our primal desire to reproduce and stuff. But the thing is though, your right about using the urges to do productive things because that's an absolute must! The reason why people keep relapsing is because they're just trying not to fap but living the same lifestyle which leads to a relapse.

This is useful shit because I'm starting to get urges despite being in a flatline which is crazy (around 8 months in maybe?). I'm almost 250 days in but it must be a sign of recovery, right? It's gotta be. Anyways, amazing post! Keep going on your journey and inspire more people like me!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  6. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

One thing I've been learning more and more is to look at sobriety at the presence of positive things and not the absence of negative ones. The energy needs to be refocused or else it will always drain you in the background. Stay strong y'all!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  7. hydroxide

hydroxide Fapstronaut

Very insightful and encouraging! This will really help me, along with many others who have seen it!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  8. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Excellent post. Though when you say the urges never go away you're only speaking of your own experience up until now. What the future holds and the experience of others may be very different. Also I don't think having a solid hard on necessarily makes it an urge to masturbate .There are techniques and exercises one can do in the moment of heat that allegedly raise the energy to higher levels and eliminate any urge for release. Thanks for the post. Overall I found it very inspiring. Guys like you show me what's possible for me. Many thanks

DerNeuMann likes this.
  9. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Thank you for your reply and I am grateful that you found it inspiring. Regarding your points, I am now long past 90 days, about 6 months in. I stand by what I wrote. For the majority of people here, if not all, pmo addiction isn't their problem but a symptom of their problem(s). Also, I believe I used the word "arousal," which includes multiple indicators. I didn't say anything about an erection. For the sake of accuracy. :)

JakeLange likes this.
  10. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

i stand corrected on the arrousal issue.: )

DerNeuMann likes this.
  11. JakeLange

JakeLange Fapstronaut

This gives me a lot of hope, being that I just began my counter yesterday. Thanks for sharing!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  12. Todd75

Todd75 Fapstronaut

First day of really strong urges. So I came here and found this thread. I am grateful for this support network and the stories that have helped me to stay with the goal. There is too much to lose by giving in.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  13. R.I.I.P.E.R

R.I.I.P.E.R Fapstronaut

NAILED IT BROTHER!!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  14. R.I.I.P.E.R

R.I.I.P.E.R Fapstronaut

This thread needs to be bookmarked!! thank you brother
    LOTS OF LOVE,peace and respect

DerNeuMann likes this.
  15. Much Ado About Nutting

Much Ado About Nutting Fapstronaut

Very good post on what to do about urges. Will use this as a strategy when the urges come. Thank you

DerNeuMann likes this.
  16. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

I needed to read that. It seems pretty impossible right now. I’m glad I found this site and people like you sharing what I might be able to accomplish.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  17. nopmo101

nopmo101 Fapstronaut

Really good post. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  18. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

So pleased that guys are still being helped by this post! :)

Huskerjim likes this.
  19. Atrium_Guy

Atrium_Guy Fapstronaut

Yea really great post man - totally inspiring and a lot of Truth. Transmuting urges into different thoughts and behaviors is the key. Its ALL just energy - and when we do NoFap we start to gain conscious control over how we express our energy. When old 'thoughts' pop up that have us conditioned to seek fapping, we can stop, breathe, simply FEEL it as energy, and then USE it for something more productive and nourishing. This practice is the biggest game changer and how we really transform our lives.....thanks again for sharing!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  20. rafaeloey

rafaeloey Fapstronaut

Thank youuuu so much, this gave me motivation and a valuable lesson. Congratulation on your achievement!

DerNeuMann likes this.