1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Broken. Man, are you cereal?"

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Hi there guys!

Just wanted to drop by while on my way to the 25to29 and say, "Howdy!"
    The sign did say, "New Fapstronauts, please introduce yourselves here"...
    I think I just did...? :)

Anyway, more at 25to29. Cheerio!

2. bhquitter

bhquitter Fapstronaut

Hey there, Welcome and wish you all the best with your rebooting.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Indeed you did. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, IRL, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    Something you enjoy
    Something you're good at
    Something important
    Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. For example, I received the above good advice from a far more experienced member of the community who shared his knowledge. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL.

I wish you a successful reboot.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Guys, thank you for the nice wishes and for the advice which you shared with me. I hope that through time we'll grow a... well... anonymous online friendship thingy (?)... whatever that means. :)

Godspeed & Cheerio!